SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Prison Ministry - for women

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Prison Ministry - for women

I have a question: is there anyone out there who can give me some info on conducting a ministry to women in prison? There is a woman's prison going to be built within 45 miles from here and some of us are very excited about getting involved in ministering to these souls.

Sunday a sister and I went to jail and shared with an inmate who asked for counsel and we had a glorious time there...like a taste of heaven. I know what we experienced may not be the norm in prison work, but we do love people and want to bring them to the LORD Jesus.

Again my question: what resourses are out there to help one along in this type of ministry? Any advice?

ginnyrose

2005/10/24 18:57Profile
allhavsinned

North West England

Re: Prison Ministry - for women

may not be what you are thinking off but check out this article...
http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-6962.html

The Spackmans may be able to help you find out more information.

God Bless you

Ste

2005/10/24 20:36Profile
DS

Re: Prison Ministry - for women

I found this book a good source..."Prison Ministry: Understanding Prison Culture Inside and Out" by Lennie Spitale, from someone who has been on both sides of the fence. This young man was in prison, got saved, the Lord called him into full time ministry, and he was even pardoned by the govenor. He gives practical advice, as well. Here is his website with a lot of good links to other websites.
http://www.nepm.org/

God Bless you and may Jesus receive His Glory,
DS

2005/10/25 10:46Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

Thank-you for the info. I checked out these sites and there is a ton of stuff there to read and study which means I put it in my favorites for future reference.

I did feel somewhat overwhelmed after reading it a while. How much trouble people get into all because of sin!

ginnyrose

2005/10/25 14:22Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy