SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Is this little article ok?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
Warrior4Jah

The Netherlands

Re:

Perhaps a bit offtopic, but as you write about prayer anyway I do have a question..

You often hear that prayermeetings are very important. So did Leonard Ravenhill state that a church is as powerful as its prayermeetings. (hopefully I quoted this correctly)

My question is this, why is it so important that people get together in one room and pray?
What would be the difference that if all would pray at home?

The only thing I could think of was that the people getting together would pray for the same things.
Perhaps a very 'dumb' question, but hey I'm also here to learn. :-)

2005/10/24 6:40Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re:

Quote:
Perhaps a very 'dumb' question, but hey I'm also here to learn

No such 'dumb' questions, perhaps [i]statements[/i] often times and more than a few this fool has made... But love the finish there Warrior4Jah, hardly a day goes by that there is not something to be learned, something to be challenged, something to be rejected or reconsidered, something elevated, [i]Some One[/i] to be elevated!

What a wonderful thread here. Coops you have struck a chord that resonates deeply, that of prayer. It is such a vast area of endless research in not only the saints experience of days gone by but in our own searching 'research' of ourselves and the possibilities of grasping Gods thought on the matter at hand.

Just an encouargement to you as you embark on this mighty task, there is a plethera of resources available as you might well know.

Just for future refrence a couple that have been tremendously helpful:

[url=http://www.fivesolas.com/hidden1.htm]The Hidden Life of Prayer[/url] [i]By David MacIntyre[/i] (Suggested by Len Ravenhill)

[url=http://www.ccel.org/f/forsyth/prayer/soul_of_prayer.htm]THE SOUL OF PRAYER[/url] [i]By P. T. Forsyth[/i]

[url=http://www.whatsaiththescripture.com/Fellowship/Mueller.Answers.to.Prayer.html]ANSWERS TO PRAYER[/url] [i]By George Mueller[/i]

Doing a search here of course and other notables, Nash, Bounds of course ... David, Paul, Jesus :-)

2005/10/24 10:23Profile
_Disciple_

The Netherlands

Re:

i'm currently reading The Path Of Prayer - Samuel Chadwick

i recommend anyone to read this book, i am still reading it and so far very good and powerful (it's also in recommendations of Ravenhill)

[b]Warrior4Jah[/b]
you can buy it here local bro, so i recommend it to you! [smile]

2005/10/24 10:33Profile
Warrior4Jah

The Netherlands

Re:

Thanks for your helpful responses crsschk and _Disciple_!!
I appreciate it. :-)

2005/10/24 10:54Profile
coops

Re: prayer resources

[b]crsschk[/b], thanks so much for the encouragement! It means alot...

Those books you reccomended are my "next on the reading list" thanks for those!

[b]_Disciple_[/b], adding your suggestion too!

It looks like those prayer ones really influenced Ravenhill, because he has so many on his list, and the reputation he had for his prayer!

God bless all
:-)

2005/10/24 17:52Profile
Warrior4Jah

The Netherlands

Re:

I've found that I still have like 2 books laying around about prayer. Thanks Dez for pointing to them at camp last summer!

Reading 'The power of prayer' now.
Original title is 'Preacher and prayer' from E.M. Bounds. It's so cool!

@ coops, I hope that God can speak through the words you type and get into the hearts of people who will read your articles! :-)

2005/10/25 5:44Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy