Discussion Forum : General Topics : Choo Thomas - Heaven is so real

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
Warrior4Jah

The Netherlands

Choo Thomas - Heaven is so real

Hey fellow brothers and sisters!

Not long ago someone started talking about a book from Choo Thomas, called 'Heaven is so real'. She was quite enthousiastic about the book.

The special thing about her was that she claimes that Jesus had shown her heaven 17 times and hell twice. I don't know about these things. But she also wrote that there are people walking around the edge of hell and such things..

There is absolutely no evidence in the Bible to support such a claim. To put it bluntly I don't trust this, I think this is fishy. Does anyone know some more about this author or this book?

I have to say that I haven't read this yet, but I'm currently receiving a video about this woman.
Thanks in advance!

2005/10/23 15:13Profile
Warrior4Jah

The Netherlands

Re: Choo Thomas - Heaven is so real

I have seen the interview with this woman.. I think this thread can be changed into a warning.

[url=http://www.choothomas.com/ChooInternet.wmv]Video interview with Choo Thomas[/url]

Avoid all books who claim to be the truth except for the Bible. A normal Bible study book would never claim visions as truth which cannot be checked, confirmed or going against the Bible.

While Biblestudy books (should) contain truth as they refer to the Bible they will not put it in a position that it will be truth itself.

As for this woman, words as 'posessed' and 'occult' come to my mind.

I will stick with His Word.

Still I would like to know if anyone knows more about her.

[edit]There is also a 'spiritual song' from her on her website. Google on Choo Thomas if you want to listen to it. I haven't and won't do this.

2005/10/23 18:04Profile

Re:

A few problems. Idk if it is her bad english but she said 'the pastor prophesied FOR ME'..its in caption, so u cant miss it.

Her swaying doesn't help.

"Drunk in the spirit"...not the RHB spirit....(Rodney Howard-Browne is the one who started the whole 'drunk in the spirit' 'manifestation')

She said she was baptised by fire, and holy spirit. That is error in doctrine. *(in teh Word, baptism of fire is NOT any fun)*

Going to the beach? Her first visit she says 'God said 'those who don't tithe are disobedient Christians''. Hahaha. Hahaha.

My audio, maybe its messed up, but sounds like a alien is in it. Like 'woooooooo hoooo wooo'..like if u took a piece of sheet metal and shaked it. Not like thunder, but like a hovering or something.

When she spoke about her book, she seemed to 'sober' up and speak very clearly. 'As in my book', its a funny site.

She also states on how she saw her mom in hell. And dad, step mother, nephew and 2 friends in hell.

But she did speak a truth at the end 'no matter how a person is good, if they don't know Me ("Jesus" was speaking) they go to this place (hell)'

Could be involvement with Occult. Idk.

2005/10/23 20:58
dohzman

Is The Glass Half Full Or Half Empty

I guess what I personally see in what I call signs and wonders type ministeries in the story where the disciples saw other disciples casting out demons and they tried to stop them....Rember that story? Jesus said let them alone for he who isnot against us is for us. I supose her book or testomony will bring many to Christ. Is that book something for me personally? No. But I refuse to judge her experience and while her book isn't really meant to teach, I doubt very much that I'd read it either. I do believe there is a group of people who will be attracted to that kind of book and I believe God can use it to reach them, rember baalims donkey :-)

2005/10/23 23:15Profile
Warrior4Jah

The Netherlands

Re: Is The Glass Half Full Or Half Empty

Bring to what christ?
I haven't read the book tho.. but I would not recommend a book which isn't well biblically funded. Certainly not now that I've heard about some content from someone who did read it.
Somehow this doesn't sound like the Christ from the Bible we know and worship.

Another thing.. she couldn't see the face of this jesus when she was standing by hell (it was blurred), but she knew for sure he was weeping about the ppl in hell.

Besides.. she had to write this book so people can know what heaven is like and choose for heaven?

[edit]
@ YeshuaIsMyGd, I noticed the weird audio too.
I thought about turning up the volume or checking what that garbage sound was in the background by using an audioprog but I haven't done that.

Also if I understood correctly she had seen heaven before she became a born again christian?

[edit2]Fixed up some english

2005/10/24 6:16Profile
shibu

Goa, India

Re: little leaven leavens the whole lump

Paul asked the believers in Corinth "Do you not know that a little leaven leavens the whole lump? (1 Corinthians 5:6)"

Please read what the Lord told to the messenger of the church in Thyatira (Revelation 2:18-23). Though they had almost 90% of doctrines correct but Lord told "Nevertheless I have a few things against you." That you guys allow that woman Jezebel, who calls herself a prophetess, to teach and seduce My servants to commit sexual immorality and eat things sacrificed to idols. Indeed I will cast her into a sickbed, and those who commit adultery with her into great tribulation, unless they repent of their deeds. I will kill her children with death, and all the churches shall know that I am He who searches the minds and hearts. And I will give to each one of you according to your works.

The above passage is take as an analogue to the present scenario of modern Christendom. If our Lord zealously refuted against leaven (wrong doctrine) which was infiltrated into Christendom. If so, let us also follow the footsteps of our Lord. For we can do nothing against the truth, but for the truth (2 Corinthians 13:8).

At the same time, we should never fight over trivial matter, i.e., different views on non-essential matters.

In Him,
Shibu

2005/10/24 8:19Profile

Re:

Quote:

Warrior4Jah wrote:
I noticed the weird audio too.
I thought about turning up the volume or checking what that garbage sound was in the background by using an audioprog but I haven't done that.

I heard the same stuff on my radio, a little while after watching the video. Maybe it's just my room, or i have alien's invating me and probing me. Ek!

:-P

But seriously, that audio was kinda creepy, but not as creepy as the "John Paul II/Antichrist" webpage on jesus-is-lord.com. Talk about bad dreams!

:-o

Wait, someone said 'dont stop them cause they are not against the Lord but FOR Him'. Well, I think (personally, maybe too rash) that she is doing this out of selfish motives. That there is occult involved and other stuff. But! But!! I still praise the Lord cause the Gospel is being preached. She preached repentance in the very last minute of the video. That's even rare in 70% of most churches. So I praise God. If she is saved, we will laugh together about this. :-P

2005/10/24 12:35
dohzman

Re:

If you had listened to the video she was talking holiness, seperation from the world, even though she made some errors in doctrine , they seemed minor. Never the less I still wouldn't buy her book or read it. In the video her time line didn't jive' but as to judging her/thier motives for writting that book? I can't go there.

Shibu -- you're from Northern India? than you should be used to these kind of testamonies coming from geniune believers, and much more.

I would need to know the author on a personal level or someone I really trusted who knew that author before I would even consider validating such a work. However , taking it at face value I'd just leave it alone and not give it a lable one way or another.

2005/10/24 15:55Profile
Warrior4Jah

The Netherlands

Re:

Hey Dohzman, that is wisdom what you say..
I just got so worried about the girl I was talking with on msn when she got so enthousiastic about this book.

I'd rather have her focussing on Gods Word which is without error.
No I didn't ment to judge this woman (or perhaps I already did :-() but the errors/weird things just jumped out into the front.
It is true that she does say good things and I've listened to a compilation on 'fireonthealthar' about hell. Someone also described hell as a vulcano with fiery flames in it.

Now it might very well that she is a sister in Christ with having wrote this book with the best intentions. Still visions of a vulcano wouldn't mean that hell is liturly like that. This cannot be tought as truth. Alot things about hell in the Bible is writen in a way we can comprehend for a small bit. We all can imagine flames, darkness, etc...
I also listened to the featured sermon from 'David Wilkerson' about 'Hell, what is it like?'

I do have to admit, that I find myself accepting his message much easier then that of Choo Thomas.
David Wilkerson says things which the HS had told him about hell. Actually regardingless what we think of hell, we know it's a bad place and that many will end up in it.

It's so true that I don't know this woman in real life and know nothing about the fruits she bears or how she is.
I have prayed about this, and asked God to remove the wrong spirit from her [b]if[/b] it does exist in her.

If not that she would be used for Gods glory and honour.
Thats she may exalt Him with the things she does.
(Thats what I pray for others and myself too)

I cannot look into her heart, nor say in advance that she is rotten or not. God knows and I'm not to judge that for God.
What if I would call a child of God possesed while she is filled with the HS? Don't I blaspheme God then?

Still warningleds go off, but perhaps I'm just nitpicking. :-?

@ YeshuaIsMyGd,
Well I hope my thoughts are wrong and that we can all laugh about this matter together with Choo if she is a saved Christian! Not that its an excuse, but I'm worried about the ease some people embrace things about God without scripture and put it forth as truth.

But if there are people who have already read the whole book, feel free to comment on it.
I will see on myself to be careful with such matters.

2005/10/25 8:10Profile
shibu

Goa, India

Re: they have Moses and the prophets

Hi brother dohzman,
I didn't write with judgmental attitude or as a skeptic. Though I strongly believe in supernatural experience, at the same time, I will not accept any experience which contradict the scripture. My opinions were based on the following scripture though I didn't have any first hand information about her inner life or her inner walk with the Lord.

It was based on the story of "The Rich Man and Lazarus" mentioned in Luke 16:19-31. As it is written in the following verses 27-31 “Then he said, ‘I beg you therefore, father, that you would send him to my father’s house, for I have five brothers, that he may testify to them, lest they also come to this place of torment.’ Abraham said to him, ‘They have Moses and the prophets; let them hear them.’ And he said, ‘No, father Abraham; but if one goes to them from the dead, they will repent.’ But he said to him, ‘If they do not hear Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded though one rise from the dead.’”

In other words, even an angel from heaven can't convict a sinner if they are not convicted by the written word of God and prophets. If heaven doesn't encourage this types of supernatural experience, why should I? This is my conviction. At the same time, I will not judge about her stand before God since God only knows her heart. But I strongly disagree with her experience and its propaganda.

In Him,
Shibu

2005/10/25 9:05Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy