SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Are You Using Your Voice Correctly?

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread

Are You Using Your Voice Correctly?

God gave us a voice to use for His glory ... Too many folk speak in a whinny, weak, mumbling, nasal and subdued manner when it comes to Christianity ...

I challenge everyone to take a deep breath for God ... Use your vocal cords (no, they are not chords, as many erroneously spell) with a purpose for God ... Speak with conviction ... Be firm in your mannerism ... Be bold in your speech ... Enunciate ... Pronounce correctly ...

God gave you a brain and a voice ... Use them in tandem ... Do not be as the whimpering who think their voice is for snickering and sarcastic gossip, for ranting and raving, for idle chatter, for endless talk about nothing ...

Be a real VOICE for God at every opportunity ... But, please, when you speak be sure you have SOMETHING TO SAY ... Spouting trite catch-phrases or man-made doctrine is NOT where it's at, my friend ... Be original in your thought ... Do not repeat the words of others, as some parrot ...

Learn the Word of God and let it flow from your mouth in your own style and manner ...

Sincerity of belief will carry you through, where memorized and pat text will leave others flat and turned off to your ramblings ...

Be yourself when you speak for God ... Otherwise, you will be a sham, a fake and win no one over to His side ...

The road to hell is paved with good intentions, but deliver us from those who know not how to speak well in the Word of God ...

More lost people could be won over if only His people took the time to use a winner's voice ... a voice filled with tone, strength and power of projection ...

My suggestion to those who have weak voices ... keep your mouth shut until you learn how to speak for God ... You do a dis-service to the cause by being mamby-pamby in your speaking ability ...

My belief is that Christ had a powerful voice ... He used it wisely and pulled the listeners in by utilizing phrasing, pauses, forcefulness and enunciation designed to allow each ear to hear His Words of Truth ...

Strive to be as Jesus Christ ... Use your voice as an instrument, a tool for the Almighty ...

If your only use for your voice is to spend all day on your blooming cell phone, you are a poor witness to God's Word ...

And, frankly, if it were left to me all cell phones, iTunes, iPods, earbuds and other doo-dads of distraction carried around by so-called Christians, would be cast into a bottomless pit ... You can't witness to people when you are distracted, or distracting others.

Get rid of the garbage, train your voice, and speak for God --- PERIOD!

2005/10/23 6:04
groh_frog

Re: Are You Using Your Voice Correctly?

I agree with what you've said, in the right time and place.

It is very important to know what you believe, and be firm in your understanding of God's Word. Along with that, you must show that you not only think that you know what you believe, but that you KNOW what you believe.

But when it comes to witnessing, you must be careful how you use your voice.

Many things come into play with this. There are many ways to witness- and understand what I mean by that: There is only one Gospel, that of salvation through Faith in Jesus Christ as the atonement for our sins. To even be able to understand what that means, however, you must first understand Sin, God's Law, and the condemnation of all men without Jesus Christ.

Now that that's clarified, you must know how you're sharing this Gospel. What I mean is, when you're standing on a street corner preaching to the public, you'd better be strong in what you say, or you'll be overpowered quicker than you set up your soapbox. But that's not always the technique, and this is where discernment comes in.

When you're the new guy in the workplace, it probably won't pay to say "hi, I'm groh_frog, and you're all sinners condemned to hell!" Is it the truth? Do I know it to be true? Absolutely! But the conviction that would've been dished out is now meerly an insult to those, and you're witness probably has very little integrity anymore.

Again, if you're handing out bible tracts or icebreakers in an attempt to share the Gospel, as Ray Comfort would say, "you start with the natural, and work towards the supernatural". You've got to with the right to be heard.

Now, it's never an excuse to waver or diminish the message in the hopes of "not wanting to push away" a person, but you must use discernment in why and how you use your voice.

Grace and Peace...

2005/10/23 10:14Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy