SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Does the word LIVE in you?

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread

Does the word LIVE in you?

(KJV) 1 Peter 1
17 And if ye call on the Father, who without respect of persons judgeth according to every man's work, pass the time of your sojourning here in fear:

18 Forasmuch as ye know that ye were not redeemed with corruptible things, [as] silver and gold, from your vain conversation [received] by tradition from your fathers;

(19 - 23) [i]but with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot: who verily was foreordained before the foundation of the world, but was manifest in these last times for you, who by him do believe in God, that raised him up from the dead, and gave him glory; that your faith and hope might be in God. Seeing ye have purified your souls in obeying the truth through the Spirit unto unfeigned love of the brethren, [see that ye] love one another with a pure heart fervently: [b]being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth[/b] and abideth for ever[/i].

I find these verses very challenging and there is a great deal which could be extracted for 'discussion' from them, but it is only the last-but-one thought - that [u]the word of God LIVETH[/u] - which I want to ask you....

Do you believe you have been born of the LIVING WORD?

How do you know it is still living in you?

If you'd rather offer a completely different perspective on these verses, please go right ahead and share your living bread.

2005/10/22 15:04
InTheLight

Phoenix, Arizona USA

Re: Does the word LIVE in you?

Quote:
Do you believe you have been born of the LIVING WORD?

Absolutely I believe I have been born of the living word. As James 1:18 says, He begat us with the word of truth. The word of God is the great means of regeneration. It's interesting that he compares it to a seed, though it's small and doesn't seem like much, once it is hid in the ground and given warmth and water it produces amazing results!

In Christ,

Ron

2005/10/22 15:58Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy