SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Why we need evangelistic preaching on sunday morning.

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Why we need evangelistic preaching on sunday morning.

We've got to recognize that the message of salvation must not be addressed only to "the world," but to members of America's evangelical churches also. The greatest mission field for evangelism today, and in the days ahead, is among church members (Paris Reidhead, Getting Evangelicals Saved, Bethany House, 1989, p. 47).

Dr. Monroe Parker said, "If we could get half the church members saved, we would see a great revival" (Dr. Monroe Parker, Through Sunshine and Shadows, Sword of the Lord, 1987, p. 61).

If the figures given by Dr. Lakin, Dr. Tozer, and Dr. Criswell are anywhere near being correct, it means that probably two-thirds of the people you speak to next Sunday morning are unconverted!

2003/11/18 1:34Profile
Chosen7Stone

FL, USA

Re: Why we need evangelistic preaching on sunday morning.

I find it so difficult to witness to those who call themselves Christian, but do not have a personal relationship with Christ. It's that eighteen inches thing...it needs to go from their head to their heart...only eighteen inches to go!
To me, unSaved church members are more stubborn than those who live blatantly and apathetically in their sin, against God for all the world to see.
I asked this in another thread, but how can I go about witnessing to those who claim to be Christian, but are not?

2003/11/18 22:51Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
I asked this in another thread, but how can I go about witnessing to those who claim to be Christian, but are not?

Prayer and a good understanding of the Word of God is essential so that we know the mind of God.
We need to speak God's words to people and allow God to work in their hearts by the Holy Spirit.

The Holy Spirit operates in another realm altogether, and the method of winning a man to God is a divine method, not a human one. Oh, we can make church members. We can get people over on our side, and they can join our class and go to summer camps. We may have done nothing but make proselytes out of them. When the Holy Spirit works in a man, then God does the work, and what God does, according to Scriptures, is forever.
-A.W. Tozer

So it is that the human being can know about God, he can know about Christ’s dying for him, he can even write songs about Christ’s dying for him, he can even write songs and books, be the head of religious organizations and hold important church offices and still never have come to a vital, personal knowledge of God at all. Only by the Holy Ghost can he know God.
-A.W. Tozer

John Wesley is very [b]bold[/b] and [b]straight forward[/b] when talking about this issue, and in someways maby we should be just as forthright with people. But always act in the Love of God.

Go to church twice a day, God to the Lord’s table every week. Say as many prayers in private as you can pray. And then listen to all the sermons you care to hear. Read all the books you can read about Christ. Still you must be Born Again.
-John Wesley

2003/11/19 0:14Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy