SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Authentic Biblical Christianity.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : India Gov. to Strip Rights from Christians

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Bomar

India Gov. to Strip Rights from Christians

from KP Yohannan of Gospel for Asia: www.gfa.org

With a deep burden from the Lord, I write this letter asking you to please pray.

On October 25 the government of India must respond to the Supreme Court regarding the Dalit Christians' rights under the constitution of the land. It has been that when Dalits become Christians they lose their "reservations" (certain number of placements specifically for Dalits) for education, employment and many other rights that are granted specifically to Dalits under the law.

According to the government census some 20 million Dalits have become Christians. These precious people's rights are violated: Their women and children are raped, they are not allowed to draw water from wells in many communities, and so many more accounts of cruelty. Some of the communities, like the Banjara with 61 million people, live with 90 percent illiteracy and horrible poverty!

And this is the fate of nearly 300 million men, women and children!!

Please fast and pray that the government of India will correct these injustices on October 25 when the Supreme Court rules on this case. We have only a few days now to intercede and pray with a broken heart for the sake of these millions who have suffered so much for the last 3,000 years

Thank you so much for seriously taking this to the Lord in prayer.

Yours for His name's sake,

K.P. Yohannan

2005/10/21 0:33Profile
Christisking

Los Angeles, California

Re: India Gov. to Strip Rights from Christians

Thank you for posting this information. I will be praying and fasting for these matters. For more information on the Dalit's and how you can help Dalit children, please check out the links below. Also, let us all consider what God views as true worship and fasting in His words spoken in the following verses of Isaiah. If you are not familiar with the Dalit's please do yourself a favor and check out these links! If you are not familiar with Isaiah 58 please do yourself a favor and read these verses!

[url=http://www.gfa.org/gfa/bridgeofhope]Bridge of Hope [/url]

[url=http://www.gfa.org/gfa/dalits]Dalit Awakening[/url]

Isaiah 58
True and False Worship and Fasting

1"Shout with the voice of a trumpet blast. Tell my people Israel of their sins! 2Yet they act so pious! They come to the Temple every day and seem delighted to hear my laws. You would almost think this was a righteous nation that would never abandon its God. They love to make a show of coming to me and asking me to take action on their behalf. 3`We have fasted before you!' they say. `Why aren't you impressed? We have done much penance, and you don't even notice it!'
"I will tell you why! It's because you are living for yourselves even while you are fasting. You keep right on oppressing your workers. 4What good is fasting when you keep on fighting and quarreling? This kind of fasting will never get you anywhere with me. 5You humble yourselves by going through the motions of penance, bowing your heads like a blade of grass in the wind. You dress in sackcloth and cover yourselves with ashes. Is this what you call fasting? Do you really think this will please the LORD?

6"No, the kind of fasting I want calls you to free those who are wrongly imprisoned and to stop oppressing those who work for you. Treat them fairly and give them what they earn. 7I want you to share your food with the hungry and to welcome poor wanderers into your homes. Give clothes to those who need them, and do not hide from relatives who need your help.

8"If you do these things, your salvation will come like the dawn. Yes, your healing will come quickly. Your godliness will lead you forward, and the glory of the LORD will protect you from behind. 9Then when you call, the LORD will answer. `Yes, I am here,' he will quickly reply.

"Stop oppressing the helpless and stop making false accusations and spreading vicious rumors! 10Feed the hungry and help those in trouble. Then your light will shine out from the darkness, and the darkness around you will be as bright as day. 11The LORD will guide you continually, watering your life when you are dry and keeping you healthy, too. You will be like a well-watered garden, like an ever-flowing spring. 12Your children will rebuild the deserted ruins of your cities. Then you will be known as the people who rebuild their walls and cities.

2005/10/21 1:10Profile
mary0418

Re:

Thanks for bring this issue to our attention. I will pray also.

Mary

2005/10/21 15:11Profile
Christisking

Los Angeles, California

Re: UPDATE

UPDATE

Dear friends,

The Indian Supreme Court has once again delayed its decision on the
Dalit civil rights case, and again it is time for me to ask you to
please pray without ceasing on behalf of our Dalit Christian brothers
and sisters.

This delay until November is a positive development because it means
that the Court is not rushing to judgment, and is taking seriously
this case of discrimination against Dalit Christians.

It also means that Christians like you and me have more time to
intercede with prayer, asking God to guide the thoughts and decisions
of the judges. And this is especially important, because behind this
case lies a Himalaya-sized spiritual battle!

Jesus tells us that this kind of battle can only be won through
prayer and fasting. So I implore you to take this call to prayer
very seriously. And much is at stake.

As you know, under the current law, Dalits lose some of their basic
constitutional rights when they becomes Christians; they are no
longer eligible for affirmative action placements in education,
employment, government and many other areas--rights granted to Dalits
who are Hindu, Sikh or Buddhist.

According to a government census, some 20 million Dalits have become
Christians, and it is on their behalf that we pray for a just ruling.
Equally important, there are many Dalits whose only hesitation to
becoming Christians is fear of this legalized discrimination. Just
think of what a difference this court decision could make for them!
No wonder Satan is opposing it.

So again, please continue to fast and pray that the Supreme Court of
India will correct these injustices. Please faithfully intercede and
pray with a broken heart for the sake of these millions of men, women
and children who suffer so much.

Thank you so much for your prayer support--you are a true "prayer
warrior" in this battle.

Yours for His name's sake,

K.P. Yohannan
Founder & President
Gospel for Asia

If you are not familiar with the Dalit's please do yourself a favor and check out these links!

[url=http://www.gfa.org/gfa/bridgeofhope]Bridge Of Hope[/url]

[url=http://www.gfa.org/gfa/dalits]Dalit Awakening[/url]

It amazing to think there are more Dalit's (untouchables)then there are American's - 300 million Dalit's and 260 million American's

2005/10/26 11:16Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy