SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Starbucks stirs things up with a God quote on cups

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Starbucks stirs things up with a God quote on cups

[img]https://www.sermonindex.net/images/forum/2004/may/featured_news.gif[/img]

Coffee drinkers could get a spiritual jolt with their java in the spring when Starbucks begins putting a God-filled quote from the Rev. Rick Warren, author of the mega-selling The Purpose-Driven Life, on its cups.
It will be the first mention of God in the company's provocative quote campaign, The Way I See It. In 2005, Starbucks is printing 63 quotes from writers, scientists, musicians, athletes, politicians and cultural critics on cups for company-run and licensed locations to carry on the coffeehouse tradition of conversation and debate.

Some mention "faith in the human spirit," but none is overtly religious. Last month, Baylor University pulled Starbucks cups after objections to a quote from writer Armistead Maupin saying that "life is too d**** short" to hide being gay.

2005/10/20 8:57Profile
Eli_Barnabas

Cache Valley, Utah

Re: Starbucks stirs things up with a God quote on cups

Was it Starbucks that supports the homosexual agenda? I think that was discussed somewhere on this sight. Is that right?

2005/10/20 10:15Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

yes brother that was discussed before. I just think its amazing that they choose Rick Warren as the model for Christianity that would [b]not[/b] offend their audience of coffee drinkers. My friend just read a quote from John Stott that I want to try and find and get up on the site written in 2000 and the quote from it basically states that the Church is not being persecuted because the Church is not acting how the Church should.

2005/10/20 10:21Profile
Christisking

Los Angeles, California

Re:

Hi Greg,

Love to hear that quote when you find it. It reminded me of the following from Brother Yun's website BTJ.

"Making trouble is inevitable for any believer who truly wants to obey God. Anyone who wants to avoid conflict and maintain the status quo will not achieve much for the Lord. The structures that keep countless millions of people enslaved to sin and Satan must be confronted before they will crumble, and when you confront evil there will always be trouble.

This is the main reason house church Christians in China have been persecuted for decades. They are not persecuted just because of their faith in God. If they chose, they could all settle down in a Three-Self Church, worship God each Sunday, and live relatively stress free lives as long as they keep their beliefs to themselves and don’t try to share them with others.

The reason house church Christians are arrested and imprisoned in China is because they cannot keep still. They cannot possibly keep their mouths shut because Jesus has revealed Himself to them and they have been radically changed from the inside out. They understand how the prophet Jeremiah felt when he said, “If I say, ‘I will not mention him or speak any more in his name,’ his word is in my heart like a fire, a fire shut up in my bones. I am weary of holding it in; indeed, I cannot.” Jeremiah 20:9

Western Christians often ask us why we think there is persecution in China and other countries and not in the West. There are several different things to say about this, but one question we would like to ask is this: “Do you boldly preach the truth of God’s Word to sinners inside and outside your churches?”

If you do, you will soon find out there is persecution wherever you are. “Those who desire to live a godly life in Christ Jesus will be persecuted.” 2 Timothy 3:12. This Scripture does not say “might” be persecuted, but “will” be persecuted. If you are not being persecuted, the problem isn’t with God’s Word. Perhaps the question should be asked, “Are you truly desiring to live a godly life in Christ Jesus?”

[url=http://www.backtojerusalem.com/]Back to Jerusalem [/url]

2005/10/20 10:49Profile
groh_frog

Re: Starbucks stirs things up with a God quote on cups

Ever been to an "In N Out" burger joint? They're only on the West Coast. Well, on the bottom edge of all of their cups are scripture verses, with a different one for various shakes, sodas, or even water. You don't see that too often anymore.

Grace and Peace...

2005/10/23 13:12Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy