SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : From a Communist...

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Bomar

From a Communist...

“We communists have a high casualty rate. We are the ones who get shot and hung and ridiculed and fired from our jobs and in every other way made as uncomfortable as possible. A certain percentage of us get killed or imprisoned. We live in virtual poverty. We turn back to the party every penny we make above what is absolutely necessary to keep us alive. We communists do not have the time or the money for many movies, or concerts, or T-bone steaks, or decent homes, or new cars. We have been described as fanatics. We are fanatics. Our lives are dominated by one great overshadowing factor: The struggle for world communism. We communists have a philosophy of life that no amount of money can buy. We have a cause to fight for, a definite purpose in life. We subordinate our petty personal selves to the great movement of humanity; and if our personal lives seem hard or our egos appear to suffer through subordination to the party, then we are adequately compensated by the thought that each of us in his small way is contributing to something new and true and better for mankind.

There is one thing in which I am in dead earnest about, and that is the communist cause. It is my life, my business, my religion, my hobby, my sweetheart, my wife, and my mistress, my breath and meat. I work at it in the daytime and dream of it at night. Its hold on me grows, not lessens, as time goes on; therefore, I cannot carry on a friendship, a love affair, or even a conversation without relating it to this force that both drives and guides my life. I evaluate people, books, ideas and actions according to how they affect the communist cause, and by their attitude toward it. I’ve already been in jail because of my ideals, and if necessary, I’m ready to go before a firing squad.”

2005/10/19 1:49Profile
groh_frog

Re: From a Communist...

Hmmm...

Sounds like a hard-core believer of communism. Too bad the system rarely works out like the idea of communism would have it.

Now, I'm not a communist simply because of the fact that power almost inevitably corrupts the leadership. While it's an awesome idea- look at the church as described in Acts. Or some of the other early christians- they would sell everything they had in one of their number was in need. That's awesome. But it was also different- they were communities led by godly men. They were communities of godly men.

I do believe that communism could work, but not in this world, not with it's corruption. In the same hand, I see democracy falling around us as, once again, power corrupts.

I guess a better overall way to state my opinion, is that, without a complete community of like-minded Christians, i.e., people with faith and followership in God, there is no perfect government system, and nor will there be, until Christ's return. No matter how nice the idea...

Grace and Peace...

2005/10/24 1:25Profile
deutsixv23

Plano, TX

Re:

Your devotion to communism is amazing, but where on earth do they still practice communism? Cuba perhaps? Christ's "communism" is a community of saints, a community where love and selflessness reigns, where the stronger reaches out to the weaker, where we carry each others burdens, where we seek not our own good, but the welfare of others first; but more so, we also feel compelled by Christ's teaching to go out and help the poor, feed them, clothe them and medicate them as far as it is within our means (I'm writing about true believers in Christ; just as there are conterfeit bank notes, there are counterfeit Christians - sad but true; just shows that the human spirit is weak and frail.) The rewards of communism are temporal, the rewards of serving Christ are eternal. Lenin died and many still revere him, but Jesus also died (suffering a cruel and inhuman death that words can hardly describe) and then He rose from the dead. He was God incarnate. God took upon Himself human form, totally identified with us, but being God, the grave could not hold Him. In Muslim countries, those who profess Christ as Lord are imprisoned or put to death. In the Soviet Union and Soviet States (Romania, etc.), communist governments imprisoned and tortured Christians. Why would you want to torture someone for having faith in God?... (Mmmm... was this posted by a communist, or were you just quoting one; I think I misread, but here's my quick response anyway.)

2005/10/24 18:05Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re: From a Communist...

To me this writer sounds tired while indulging in a first class pity party. He actually sounds like he is fighting a losing battle because of the sacrifices he is making and knows it. When he gets the upper hand it is those he envies, those who threaten his position who he will take to the firing squad.

I also observe he must be very ignorant of Communist history. I am sorry he has been jailed, but what did he do to earn that imprisonment? Terrorism?

ginnyrose

2005/10/24 19:42Profile
Bomar

Re:

Sorry, I was just quoting a communist, I'm not one myself. That letter was actually written to a young fiancee of a communist who was breaking off the engagement. The letter was given to the woman's pastor, and then forwarded to Billy Graham. I heard it in a sermon of his from the 50's.

2005/10/24 20:01Profile
PaulWiglaf

Hartselle, Alabama

Re:

deutsixv23:

Quote:
Your devotion to communism is amazing, but where on earth do they still practice communism? Cuba perhaps?

Communism is widely practised over in China, North Korea, Cuba, and several other South American and Asian nations. The fall of the USSR didn't signify it's total demise (Indeed, the fall of the Iron Curtain may have allowed it to slip into Europe and America in the form of Secular Humanism).

Communism has been the vehicle for monstrosities as never seen by the "wicked curse" of religion, as they call it. Within the first 34 years of the USSR's birth, over 34 million were martyred (and this number is ever increasing with the continuance of Islamic, Communist, Buddist, Hindu, and other factions attacking Christianity around the world). In fact, they say that within the 20th Cent. alone we had 50% of all Christian martyrs from AD 33 onward; and people say Christ isn't coming soon???

2005/10/24 22:16Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

Bomar, I understood you were quoting someone else and that it was not your opinion. But that letter disturbs me.

Think about it: that letter has such a pathetic tone to it. Can you imagine sacrifing that much for nothing in terms of eternity? And I wonder if in the deepest recesses of his conscience he does not know it and that what he wrote was more of a lament. Or if he really did believe how deceived he was...but then most people choose to be deceived and they will defend their position with lots of vigor.

Just my thoughts.

ginnyrose

2005/10/24 23:19Profile
InTheLight

Phoenix, Arizona USA

Re:

The man's devotion to communism begs the question...does his devotion to a lie put my devotion to the Living Truth to shame?

2005/10/24 23:49Profile
PaulWiglaf

Hartselle, Alabama

Re:

Brother, I think you're near the truth of the matter. As I read that, my own self and community sprang to mind. How is it that he is so willing, so bold, and so candid with his communism, while we stay pressed to the wall in the the shadows? Our Lord reigns, and we act as though His commands must not interfere with our social standing--fearing the noose instead of the cross. Let's join this communist in front of the firing squad, but proclaiming high the eternal glory of our King, the Lamb, Jesus Christ. Amen!

In Christ,
Benjamin

PS: Let us pray that the righteous remember that God says, "The righteous are as bold as lions".

2005/10/25 0:11Profile
shibu

Goa, India

Re: The kingdom of heaven suffers violence

Hi Bomar,
Thanks for posting this thread "From a Communist". The fact is that, this letter was actually written to a young fiancee of a communist who was breaking off the engagement. This he had done for one reason, it was mentioned in that letter "Our lives are dominated by one great overshadowing factor: The struggle for world communism."

I personally believe that, this man's life should put us into open shame and weeping. Because he was totally sold himself for unreal thing in life. How much more we profess to know the TRUTH. There is a saying "Movies make unreal things into reality but Christians in-turn make real things into unreality."

[b]The Parable of the Hidden Treasure[/b]

“Again, the kingdom of heaven is like treasure hidden in a field, which a man found and hid; and for joy over it he goes and sells all that he has and buys that field.

[b]The Parable of the Pearl of Great Price[/b]

“Again, the kingdom of heaven is like a merchant seeking beautiful pearls, who, when he had found one pearl of great price, went and sold all that he had and bought it.

Lord Jesus used above two parables to describe the kingdom of heaven, which is mentioned in Matthew 13:44-46. This should be the actual attitude of a person who had seen the glory of the kingdom of God. The kingdom of heaven suffers violence, and the violent take it by force (Matthew 11:12).

As rightly stated by man of God [b]Leonard Revenhill[/b] "[u][i]Why we don't have revival because we can live without it[/i][/u]."

In Him,
Shibu

2005/10/25 0:52Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy