SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Welcome & Intro : Hello again... from an old SIer with a new name

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
habakkuk3

Virginia

Hello again... from an old SIer with a new name

Hi everyone,

I was on SermonIndex for close to a year under the nicknames of "Gideons." The Lord directed to me to stay off the Internet for a season (back in March) and now I'm back as He directs.

I have read with interest many of the posts and I see the Lord moving in many hearts and lives and that is encouraging.

I'm seeing the Lord deal faithfully with my heart and have been encouraged in the midst of some difficult circumstances. All I say for now is that Jesus is enough. There's victory in this life through the blood of Jesus.

God bless you all...

2005/10/18 20:10Profile
Eli_Barnabas

Cache Valley, Utah

Re: Hello again... from an old SIer with a new name

God bless brother

2005/10/18 20:48Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Great to see you back but more then that great to see you following the Lords will. :-)

2005/10/18 20:56Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

:-)

Praise God brother. Greg said it well. So good to hear from you again and there is a smile to match the one above ...

Been in my thoughts and prayers.

2005/10/18 23:48Profile
DezCall

The Netherlands

Re:

Quote:
I was on SermonIndex for close to a year under the nicknames of "Gideons."

Wow...welcome back brother. I really missed you [in the sence that I didn't see you posting anymore and wondered why you had left SI]. Great to have you back...

I know that I don't have much time to read all the posts on here anymore, but I think it would be interesting (and: edifying) to hear what kind of things the Lord has taught you during these couple of months.

"All things were created through Him and for Him." (Col 1:16)

In Jesus,

Paul

2005/10/19 1:37Profile
_Disciple_

The Netherlands

Quote:
All I say for now is that Jesus is enough. There's victory in this life through the blood of Jesus.

Amen to that!!

[i]Enough - Barlow Girl

V1-
You are my supply
My breath of life
Still more awesome than I know.
You are my reward
Worth living for

C-
And all of you
Is more than enough for all of me
For every thirst and every need
You satisfy me with your love
And all I have in you is more than enough
You are more than enough.

V2-
You're my sacrifice
Of greatest price
You're my coming King
You're my everything

B-
More than all I want
More than all I need
You are more than enough for me.
More than all I know
More than all I can see
You are more than enough.[/i]

be blessed and be a blessing!

-William

p.s.
why is your name now habakkuk3? did The Lord ask you to change your name? (just wondering [smile])

2005/10/19 5:33Profile
habakkuk3

Virginia

Re: Why the new name and what has the Lord being doing??

Thanks for the kind words to all who responded.

Why the new nickname? The Lord had me change my password to something I no longer remember so I can't go back. Since I haven't had a computer for over 6 months my online time has been very minimal (using my son's computer for brief period of time).

The new nickname is what I'm praying will happen is that the Lord will answer the prayer of Habakkuk one more time. "O LORD, I have heard thy speech, and was afraid: O LORD, revive thy work in the midst of the years, in the midst of the years make known; in wrath remember mercy."

I'm praying that in the midst of God's judgments that he is going to revive his work (i.e. bring revival).

What has the Lord being doing these last six months or so? He has been graciously exposing my sins and breaking them off one by one. There's still a lot of work left to do but He is doing the work. The focus has been on the Word and prayer and that will continue to be my focus (i.e. seeking God's face).

It's nice to be back... :)

2005/10/19 6:36Profile
InTheLight

Phoenix, Arizona USA

Re:

Welcome back, it's good to hear from you again and to hear how the Lord has been working in you.

As I recall from last year, you were interested in the persecuted church and North Korea in particular, any further thoughts or developments there?

In Christ,

Ron

2005/10/19 9:31Profile
bluinos

Re:

What has the Lord being doing these last six months or so? He has been graciously exposing my sins and breaking them off one by one. There's still a lot of work left to do but He is doing the work. The focus has been on the Word and prayer and that will continue to be my focus (i.e. seeking God's face).

He is doing the work in all of us. It is an awesome thing to know, that you are in his hands, and that he is faithful to finish what he has started.

Matthew 4:4 -- "It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceeds from the mouth of God".

2005/10/19 10:38Profile
Yodi

Escondido, California

I just wanted to say that I know what you mean concerning God telling you to be off the Internet for a time. I've had God tell me something similar recently concerning instant messenger. Sometimes the things God may ask us to do don't make complete sense at the moment, but I think all He wants is simple obedience. He knows what's best and we need to trust Him.

And as everyone has already said, welcome back!

2005/10/20 12:07Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy