SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Miracles that follow the plow : Prayer for Purity

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
deltadom

Hemel Hempstead

Prayer for Purity

I just need a prayer for purity, I was looking up some stuff for some bibles it is always when I am doing something christian that impure things get into my mind or on the screen, I need prayer for purity
I need also prayer for my housemates and that I would be more sensitive to god and that I will pray becsause I am finding it hard to pray at the moment I cant break through I am also worried that i will not have enough money to get through this term can you pray for that aswell.
I really want to bless you I have bought some cds so some people at the cu can listen to some of the sermons.
Dom

2005/10/16 11:51Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re: Prayer for Purity

Quote:
it is always when I am doing something christian

Brother, you [b][i]are[/i][/b] Christian 24-7.
Let that sink into your very soul.

I can understand the difficulties in praying, have just come through a short season of this struggle with myself. And that is the problem "myself", sometimes you just have to get to the point of giving up and it can be a fight to get there. This might be of some help; [url=https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?viewmode=flat&order=0&topic_id=7625&forum=34&post_id=&refresh=Go]How Christ Delivered Me From The Power Of Sin by Ernest O'Neill[/url]

2005/10/16 12:21Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

I am sorry to be frank brother but praying by yourself isn't going to do any good. You need to go before your pastor, elder, or strong christian friend and pray and confess to him. Do it and you will expose the lies of the enemy.

"...lovers of pleasure more then lovers of God." -2 timothy 3:4

"For he that is dead is freed from sin." -Romans 6:7

"...grieve not the holy Spirit of God." -Ephesians 4:30

2005/10/16 12:48Profile
lamuskrat

Gonzales, La

Re:

To SI
Not trying to be argumentative or create dissention, but where did you come up with that conclusion. Why would he need to confess this to another man. Isn't Christ the only real High Priest and praying to Him alone isn't sufficient?

2005/10/16 19:01Profile
PaulWiglaf

Hartselle, Alabama

Re:

lamuskrat:

Yes, this is a interesting point, but haven't we also heard from the Lord, "If two of you shall agree on earth concerning any thing that they shall ask, it shall be done for them of my Father which is in heaven"? So, though the Lord is our Almighty Intercessor, He also asks us to be accountable to and prayerful with one another ("Bear one another's burdens"), especially those who are charged with the guidance of our spiritual lives on earth (i.e. Pastors are to "feed my [The Lord's] sheep", and this includes helping wean them from poisonous "herbs", such as impurity).

SI is gathering his stance from James 5:16; "Confess your faults one to another, and pray one for another, that you may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availes much." Confession doesn't mean they are able to absolve our sins; rather, they are able to counsel and pray with us. For, isn't it Christ who places these brethren in our lives? It would seem that He wants us to actually work as a body, and within the natural body the cells each work together to remove waste and restore nutrients. Likewise, we need each other to support and edify, as well as correct and rebuke, us.

I hope this answers your question. The Lord bless all of you.

In the Lamb,
Benjamin

2005/10/16 23:55Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy