SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : David Bercot - The Kingdom That Turned The World Upside Down (and others)

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
PreachParsly

Arkansas

David Bercot - The Kingdom That Turned The World Upside Down (and others)

What does everyone think of David Bercot? I had a few guys give me 2 of his books. They people that give them to me are ex-minninites (spelling) They are very close to them doctrinally. The only reason they left was because they thought that the mininites were not evangelistic enough.

What does everything think of Mr. Bercot? This is what sprang the whole This is War??!! thread.

2005/10/11 9:33Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re: David Bercot - The Kingdom That Turned The World Upside Down (and others)

There is much good in that book and in the way those brothers are thinking. I would recommend reading it and using discernment.

2005/10/11 14:38Profile
lastblast

Michigan

I have this book: http://www.bookschristian.com/sys/product.php?PRODUCT=97968

Seeing vast differences in present day doctrines vs. early church doctrines showed me the incredible importance of personal bible study and not relying upon others to receive Truth. I "think" and question much more now than I used to thanks to having my eyes opened to all the different doctrines within the church. Makes one realize just how important it is to "study to show thyself approved".

As for the Mennonite thing, I'm not sure what you mean. On the back cover of my book, it says that David W. Bercot is an Anglican priest and attorney.............Blessings in Jesus, Cindy :-)

2005/10/11 14:47Profile
PreachParsly

Arkansas

Re:

Oh, I wasn't saying that he was a Mennonite.. Just the people that gave me the book... That's why I was wondering about it.

2005/10/12 8:44Profile
makrothumia1

Re:

An older saint, who winters with us, has had fellowship with the Bercot family off and on through out the years. Our older son has joined him the last several years. They are a very precious family, whom live what they believe. David is no longer an Anglican priest. You probably saw that on his book called
A Dictionary of Early Christian Beliefs. He is living in PA near Denny Kenston. They have quite a journey...for those interested, write him and I believe he has a CD avaible that tells it.
Blessings,
Dina

2005/10/12 9:28Profile
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

I understand that he's written some works that while resourceful, what he says about various texts of the early church are not exactly agreed upon in more scholarly circles.

2005/10/12 12:01Profile
PreachParsly

Arkansas

Re:

Thanks for the info! I have been given 2 books, the one mentioned in the title and "Will the Real Heretics Please Stand Up"

I've thumbed through them some... I'll probably read them when I get time.

2005/10/12 12:29Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy