SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Free Evangelism CD for Halloween

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Bomar

Free Evangelism CD for Halloween

Free Evangelism CD for Halloween

This Halloween, there are going to be thousands of people actually seeking out terror and fear, so the BALD Preachers want to offer you a powerful Audio Gospel Tract on CD to take advantage of the open door and spread the Gospel.

"A Halloween Treat" is a sort of audio Gospel tract which is almost an hour long, and it starts right out of the gate with testimonies from people who died, went to hell, and came back to life. It is also mixed with anointed preaching from David Wilkerson, Art Katz, Steve Hill, a slew of street preachers, and others. Most of it is set to some great background music, which all makes the CD is very powerful.

As always, we are offering these for free. So if you would like to order some to pass out this halloween season, please go to www.baldpreachers.net/halloween. We have more info there.

Thanks, and God bless,

Brian
brian@baldpreachers.net

2005/10/8 23:29Profile
Willo

Brisbane, Queensland, Australia

Re: Free Evangelism CD for Halloween

Mate I have order thanks for posting this

2005/10/9 1:40Profile
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

Re: Free Evangelism CD for Halloween

Quote:

"A Halloween Treat" is a sort of audio Gospel tract which is almost an hour long, and it starts right out of the gate with testimonies from people who died, went to hell, and came back to life.

I'm sorry, but such is simply not Biblical. You might want to think twice before distributing something that has such poor theology. Yeah, it might scare people good, but it's bad theology.

Luke 16:19 "Now there was a rich man, and he habitually dressed in purple and fine linen, joyously living in splendor every day. 20 "And a poor man named Lazarus was laid at his gate, covered with sores, 21 and longing to be fed with the crumbs which were falling from the rich man's table; besides, even the dogs were coming and licking his sores. 22 "Now the poor man died and was carried away by the angels to Abraham's bosom; and the rich man also died and was buried. 23 "In Hades he lifted up his eyes, being in torment, and saw Abraham far away and Lazarus in his bosom. 24 "And he cried out and said, `Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus so that he may dip the tip of his finger in water and cool off my tongue, for I am in agony in this flame.' 25 "But Abraham said, `Child, remember that during your life you received your good things, and likewise Lazarus bad things; but now he is being comforted here, and you are in agony. 26 `And besides all this, between us and you there is a great chasm fixed, so that those who wish to come over from here to you will not be able, and that none may cross over from there to us.' 27 "And he said, `Then I beg you, father, that you send him to my father's house-- 28 for I have five brothers--in order that he may warn them, so that they will not also come to this place of torment.' 29 "But Abraham said, `They have Moses and the Prophets; let them hear them.' 30 "But he said, `No, father Abraham, but if someone goes to them from the dead, they will repent!' 31 "But he said to him, `If they do not listen to Moses and the Prophets, they will not be persuaded even if someone rises from the dead.' "

In hell there is no end to the torment. If you go to hell and come back, as some people have reported to have done, then there is an end to the torment.

2005/10/9 13:21Profile
Bomar

Re:

Quote:
If you go to hell and come back, as some people have reported to have done, then there is an end to the torment.

I don't think it's a theological issue my friend. People are raised from the dead, that is Biblical. You have to say that the only people who can be raised from the dead are those who are saved - or else, those raised from the dead who were not saved never actually went to hell.

If you read the text, it says there is a chasm between heaven and hell which cannot be crossed - said in response to the man's desire for water. It says nothing about someone coming back to time from eternity, or life from death.

Question for you Jimmy - have you listened to the testimonies?

2005/10/9 15:12Profile
InTheLight

Phoenix, Arizona USA

Re:

I have read the testimony of a woman who claims to have been taken up to heaven and then came back to earth. I know this woman personally and she is genuine, her story is amazing, you can get a copy of her book [url=http://www.pedersenministries.com/glimpse.html]HERE[/url]. I have also read the testimony of a man who claimed a similar experience, his name was the Apostle Paul.

While I agree that we must be very careful and excercise great discernment in these matters, I'm not sure we should reject the notion outright. If someone can be caught up to heaven and return I'm not sure why someone couldn't go to hell and return. I am interested in hearing other thoughts on this.

In Christ,

Ron

2005/10/9 16:09Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re: Back from the dead

Quote:
I am interested in hearing other thoughts on this.

Will give it a go. And for starters worth mentioning this again;
Quote:
While I agree that we must be very careful and excercise great discernment in these matters, I'm not sure we should reject the notion outright.

Without going back through everything, know we have touched on this before, it is often difficult to express or cast aside these things. Though a bit apprehensive of near death experiences, interesting how that phrase is coined, did have a close enough call. And reading a bit later on often in these cases someone might have the sense of being drawn into a dark tunnel and then seeing a light, a lot of variations. In my particular case it was of sheer terror, my heart was racing at an incredible speed and clutching to my bed felt drawn down into this tunnel like realm, the worst being that there was no light, just blackness... It's a bit more detailed than that but the point was I new I was on the precipice of death and the ending wasn't at all looking favorable. It's easy to say that now. It had so frightened me that I stopped doing the speed that may have been a great contributor to it all. Cold turkey. That was close to 20 years ago and it is something I will never, ever forget.

But what I would draw attention to is that on the one hand it is always a little ... 'deflating' in one sense. "You" are still here, and "lived to tell about it" so it seems to lose a bit of steam on the hearers, sounds like a contradiction I realize.

Lazarus is a good example. When he was brought back or more precisely if we must 'resuscitated'.
He was raised from the dead, yet though he lived for a time he still went back once again, once for all as far as this flesh is concerned. So in the sense of having been to hell and back or heaven and back ... if you are alive to tell it, then it never was 'finished'. So I don't find this a reach nor a denial of what scripture states. The other Lazarus mentioned in the fixed chasm, was apparently 'fixed' and finished.

All the what's, whys, where's I am sure would lead to endless speculation. My own may not be all that glamorous but it did put a scare in me of just the possibilities. On top of that it certainly makes me wonder why my heart didn't explode, why that 50 series tire missed my head by mere inches in a moped accident, why I wasn't impaled when the 20' of scaffolding gave way, why I didn't O.D. from alcohol poisoning at 16...

Thanks Ron, am looking forward to reading this book you mentioned, coming from yourself...

2005/10/9 20:27Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy