SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : God's ministers, the kings

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
rookie

Re:

According to the foreknowledge of God, Scripture reveals the outcome of the Babylonian, Medes, Greek, and Roman empires. In the book of Daniel we find God's description of those empires to come.

Daniel 2:

Dan. 2:36 “This is the dream. Now we will tell the interpretation of it before the king. 37 You, O king, are a king of kings. For the God of heaven has given you a kingdom, power, strength, and glory; 38 and wherever the children of men dwell, or the beasts of the field and the birds of the heaven, He has given them into your hand, and has made you ruler over them all—you are this head of gold. 39 But after you shall arise another kingdom inferior to yours; then another, a third kingdom of bronze, which shall rule over all the earth. 40 And the fourth kingdom shall be as strong as iron, inasmuch as iron breaks in pieces and shatters everything; and like iron that crushes, that kingdom will break in pieces and crush all the others. 41 Whereas you saw the feet and toes, partly of potter’s clay and partly of iron, the kingdom shall be divided; yet the strength of the iron shall be in it, just as you saw the iron mixed with ceramic clay. 42 And as the toes of the feet were partly of iron and partly of clay, so the kingdom shall be partly strong and partly fragile. 43 As you saw iron mixed with ceramic clay, they will mingle with the seed of men; but they will not adhere to one another, just as iron does not mix with clay. 44 And in the days of these kings the God of heaven will set up a kingdom which shall never be destroyed; and the kingdom shall not be left to other people; it shall break in pieces and consume all these kingdoms, and it shall stand forever. 45 Inasmuch as you saw that the stone was cut out of the mountain without hands, and that it broke in pieces the iron, the bronze, the clay, the silver, and the gold—the great God has made known to the king what will come to pass after this. The dream is certain, and its interpretation is sure.”

According to Scripture are any of these empire righteous? Are any spared from God's judgement? What of the kings who are raised and then judged by God? What does Scripture teach about the God's ministers, remember verse 4..."But if you do evil, be afraid; for he does not bear the sword in vain; for he is God’s minister, an avenger to execute wrath on him who practices evil.

Should a Christian drink from the same cup as these kings?

In Christ
Jeff

2005/10/6 18:04Profile
rookie

Re:

Is. 45:1 “Thus says the LORD to His anointed,
To Cyrus, whose right hand I have held—
To subdue nations before him
And loose the armor of kings,
To open before him the double doors,
So that the gates will not be shut:
2 “I will go before you
And make the crooked places straight;
I will break in pieces the gates of bronze
And cut the bars of iron.
3 I will give you the treasures of darkness
And hidden riches of secret places,
That you may know that I, the LORD,
Who call you by your name,
Am the God of Israel.
4 For Jacob My servant’s sake,
And Israel My elect,
I have even called you by your name;
I have named you, though you have not known Me.

What is Cyrus's reward? Was he ever declared righteous or did he receive his wages, the "treasures of darkness."

In Christ
Jeff

2005/10/7 11:12Profile
rookie

Re:

Isaiah 45:

2 “I will go before you
And make the crooked places straight;
I will break in pieces the gates of bronze
And cut the bars of iron.
3 I will give you the treasures of darkness
And hidden riches of secret places,
That you may know that I, the LORD,
Who call you by your name,
Am the God of Israel.

Also,

Ezek. 29:17 And it came to pass in the twenty-seventh year, in the first month, on the first day of the month, that the word of the LORD came to me, saying, 18 “Son of man, Nebuchadnezzar king of Babylon caused his army to labor strenuously against Tyre; every head was made bald, and every shoulder rubbed raw; yet neither he nor his army received wages from Tyre, for the labor which they expended on it. 19 Therefore thus says the Lord GOD: “Surely I will give the land of Egypt to Nebuchadnezzar king of Babylon; he shall take away her wealth, carry off her spoil, and remove her pillage; and that will be the wages for his army. 20 I have given him the land of Egypt for his labor, because they worked for Me,’ says the Lord GOD.

In both this sections of Scripture we find that God pays wages to His ministers, "an avenger to execute wrath on him who practices evil."

Rom. 4:4 Now to him who works, the wages are not counted as grace but as debt.

In Rom 4:4 we find that there is a way with God that when dealing with His ministers, he pays wages which are not considered as His grace. He does indeed call the kings as tools used to judge the evil generations that exist. The wages become the booty for which many strive.

There are other times in Scripture where those he calls to avenge evil are not driven by gold or silver. What might they be drunk with?

In Christ
Jeff

2005/10/12 12:28Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy