SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Revivals And Church History : “Oh, I long to live to God”

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Christian

Washington DC

“Oh, I long to live to God”

I am undone, vanity, vanity, all is vanity. It’s all grace, grace. Who shall instruct the Lord? Because of our fornications and adulterous lust, has not the Lord hid his face? Have not the five virgins let their lamps go out? Look! The Lord is coming, the hour is at hand, and the bride does nothing, just stands their, while the trumpet blast its triumphant call. Yet she hears nothing, she sees nothing, Oh, I am undone. Will the church fast and pray?

Her feeble attempts are meaningless. Oh yes, there is compassion and much bustle but the Lord is not moved. A clean heart and a contrite spirit He desires. But she has polluted the sanctuary with her worldly lust!

Isaiah 50
1 Thus saith the LORD, Where is the bill of your mother's divorcement, whom I have put away? or which of my creditors is it to whom I have sold you? Behold, for your iniquities have ye sold yourselves, and for your transgressions is your mother put away.

As for me and my house, we will separate from the world. The family alter will be rebuilt like the walls of Jerusalem. We shall rid the temple of its 20th century Hollywood and instate the ways of Israel with scriptural reading and prayer. We shall make our hearts a clean sanctuary for the Holy One to enter into us in His fullness.

As for me I will fast and pray and wait upon the Lord making music in my heart until the coming of the Lord. Come Lord Jesus come.

“Oh, I long to live to God” David Brainerd.

“On the supposition that here never was to be but one individual in the world at any one time who was properly a complete Christian, … Resolved, to act just as I would do, if I stove with all my might to be that one, who should live in my time.” Jonathan Edwards.

2003/11/15 6:47Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re: “Oh, I long to live to God”

Quote:
“Oh, I long to live to God” David Brainerd.

May this be our hearts cry! Its good to have a holy dissatisfaction with our spiritual lifes, Beyond the sacred page we seek thee Lord...

Quote:
“On the supposition that here never was to be but one individual in the world at any one time who was properly a complete Christian, … Resolved, to act just as I would do, if I stove with all my might to be that one, who should live in my time.” Jonathan Edwards.

We have yet to see what God can do through a life that is fully surrendered to Jesus Christ. Are you going to be that one?

2003/11/27 11:49Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy