SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : How should we judge when we don't know enough?

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
mtembezi

Nairobi, Kenya

How should we judge when we don't know enough?

Greetings,
Recently, but at different times, God has dramatically shed light on parts of His Word that seem to be at extreme ends. And, it's led me to be less sure of my understanding of the breadth of God's full counsel, and in His working in the heart of man.

This is subjective and perhaps I just got excited (for some months) but more than ever before, I came to know a measure of:
What godly sorrow is: sorrow over personal and corporate sin; the reality of the state of the lost, the (to me) weak state of the church in Kenya.
What godly joy is: knowing that Christ gave His life not just for the world, but for me; knowing that His Holy character, his righteousness is now mine through faith; knowing the joy that accompanies a holy life.

When I lived in sorrow, I never believed there could be such joy, or even thought it right to be joyful in light of eternity. Consequently, I had a low view of joy, or of people who aren't as affected by eternity and sin ans I thought they should be.

When I lived in joy, I could barely even pray for the lost. Every little thing I took for granted in Christ's sacrifice just exploded in its beauty! I was in a sense caught up.

Is it possible to be overwhelmed by just a part of God's plan and 'shut out' everything else He's doing?

Is it possible to use broad strokes to disapprove/approve of men and ministries?

When we judge or seek to understand God's work, is it more of the heart attitude in the process than the process itself?

As we check issues against the Word, should we trust God for the right understanding, the right conclusions and the right reaction?
And how does that work out? What's the God-honoring attitude in reading and understanding Scripture?

Would like to know anyone's thoughts in this matter.

2005/10/2 11:01Profile
LetUsPray

Re: How should we judge when we don't know enough?

Jambo Mtembezi,

Quote:
This is subjective and perhaps I just got excited (for some months) but more than ever before, I came to know a measure of:
What godly sorrow is: sorrow over personal and corporate sin; the reality of the state of the lost, the (to me) weak state of the church in Kenya.
What godly joy is: knowing that Christ gave His life not just for the world, but for me; knowing that His Holy character, his righteousness is now mine through faith; knowing the joy that accompanies a holy life.

Quote:
As we check issues against the Word, should we trust God for the right understanding, the right conclusions and the right reaction?

Godly sorrow over the state of the “Church,” comes from God. The more intimate your walk with God becomes; the more sorrow you will experience. Please remember: you will NOT lose the joy of your salvation if it is true Godly sorrow. If you truly are led by His Spirit, it will lead to weeping for His children who are lost and are continually being deceived, but you will continue to rejoice that you are His child.

I have found only one answer and it came from His Word. It came by asking the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ for the Spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of Him… SO THAT the eyes of my heart may be enlightened…etc. (Eph.1:17,18)

We so desperately need His Wisdom and His knowledge; if we have to use men’s interpretation we will get lost. There are simply too many voices and interpretations out there.

I pray that this helps.

God bless you Mtembezi.

2005/10/2 11:34Profile
mtembezi

Nairobi, Kenya

Re:

My question is more towards making the right judgement.
I have known of preachers who are godly and desire to please God, yet they would miss God on a certain issue.
Judgement after prayer can still be affected by the leaven of our flesh.

A sample of personal examples:
A televangelist came to Kenya and had a 2-day crusade. I wasn't particularly eager to go but I had to work on Sunday. I attended only one day, and the messaged didn't completely resonate with me–I believe that messages that exalt Christ and holiness are more fruitful–this one wasn't and was more about the Holy Spirit empowering us.
But before I slapped an uncomplimentary label, I found out that there were activities around the visit that were a clear demonstration of Christ's love.

There are other situations when I've long and strongly held onto something I considered truth, only to learn that God's plan is far bigger than my tinny vision.
I earnestly desire revival on Kenya–for myself and for the many lost. In my earnestness I began to see God as unjust for not (yet) pouring His Spirit. I now know that God is just whether He sends revival or doesn't.

That's why I lean more towards the right heart attitude. I'm wondering if someone has experienced a situation where this prayer was made, "Lord, according to Scripture this is my understanding in the matter; but I leave it to You to guide me."

It's embarrasing to say the least when we use Scripture to boldly stand for or against something; only to be corrected later.

2005/10/2 12:00Profile
LetUsPray

Re: How should we judge when we don't know enough?

Dear Mtembezi,

Quote:
That's why I lean more towards the right heart attitude. I'm wondering if someone has experienced a situation where this prayer was made, "Lord, according to Scripture this is my understanding in the matter; but I leave it to You to guide me."

Quote:
It's embarrasing to say the least when we use Scripture to boldly stand for or against something; only to be corrected later.

This is a kind of two-way discussion; I pray that others don’t mind. The last few years I have been very embarrassed about some of the things I taught.

As far as revival is concerned: What I understood from the Lord is that there will be NO revival because we will NOT return to His Word. The Church continues to find ways to justify sin and devise programs which give the appearance of serving Christ, but really are totally flesh-based.

Because God, as He reveals to us through the men of old, seeks for people to stand in the gap (Eze 22:30,31), and in the Old Testament clearly demonstrated this by telling Abraham that He would destroy Sodom and Gomorrah, and Moses that the Israelites were worshipping a molten image and He would destroy, allowed both Abraham and Moses to intercede for God’s chosen people. God seeks people to intercede; this is more urgent today then at any time in the history of mankind.

God wants ALL to be saved and NONE to perish. So, how then does one pray?

As for me, I ask My Father through His Son and my Savior Jesus Christ that He will shut me down, even if it means taking my life, so that I would not cause any of His little ones to stumble. I also ask Him that He will not use me as a part of the delusion He has cast upon the Church as His judgment; that I’d rather die.

I totally believe that God answers prayer, so I don't pray this lightly.

God bless you,

2005/10/2 12:42Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy