SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Revivals And Church History : The loving nearness of the savior...

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Christian

Washington DC

The loving nearness of the savior...

It has been 10 years since the great convictions of prayer in my life. I feel there are very few that are convicted enough to spend 1 hours in prayer. I am tired of seeing weak, backslidden, sleepy men and women with authority in the church. In Ravenhill’s talk on Romans 8 he said “the so called carnal Christian is not born again”. I am tired of the informal, lack of reverence, no awareness of Gods majesty in the pulpit and the pew. I once heard Tozer say about a young minister that he should be paddled for his conduct in the pulpit. Tozer said that there is a ministerial immunity such that ministers can say whatever they want and not held accountable.

When will the church end its formality and poor out it heart to God with strong crying and tears. Words, words, words, a sounding gong. May the King Jesus come down and bend the church that we may see the power of God. This is what I am longing for “The loving nearness of the savior instantaneously bestowed.”

“Burn, Burn, oh fire within my soul,
Burn fiercely night and day,
Until all the gross of earthly loves,
Is burned, burned, burned away. “

2003/11/14 9:25Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re: The loving nearness of the savior...

Quote:
I feel there are very few that are convicted enough to spend 1 hours in prayer. I am tired of seeing weak, backslidden, sleepy men and women with authority in the church.

May God convict all who see this to commit to pray for 1 hour a day. As Robert M'Cheyne once said: "[i]Feel His presence more than man's[/i]."
Is this even close to our experience brothers and sisters? God uses computers, tracts, books, tv, but he is looking for men.. men who are willing to be filled with himself!

[b]Isaiah 6:8 (kjv)[/b] - Also I heard the voice of the Lord, saying, Whom shall I send and who will go for us? Then said I, Here [i]am[/i] I; send me.

2003/11/27 15:38Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy