SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Basic Christian Teachings (72 messages of 15 minutes each)

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
shibu

Goa, India

Basic Christian Teachings (72 messages of 15 minutes each)

Lord Jesus told to the Sadducees in Matthew 22:29 that, “You are mistaken (literal meaning is DECEIVED), not knowing the Scriptures nor the power of God." This is the case of majority of believers. Due to lack of scripture knowledge, either they are deceived by false prophets/teachers or their lives are powerless and superficial.

God's will is that, our lives should increase with divine light unto perfect day (Proverbs 4:18). That will comes only through mediating on God's word and allowing the Holy spirit to take out the things of Christ and revealing to us (John 16:14).

Recently, I had been started listening to Zac Poonen's "[b]Basic Christian Teachings[/b]" (The link for this is appended). It contain 72 messages of 15 minutes each, starting from very basic. It brought much light to my conscience in the following areas.
(1) The fundamental difference between old testament and new testament
(2) What scripture means by "Dead Works"
(3) Difference between Religiosity and Spirituality
(4) Marks of a soulish man and spiritual man
(4) What is sin in God's sight
(5) Difference between law and grace
(6) Characteristics of a Pharisee

This series of audio messages by Zac Poonen is on foundational Christian truths. To listen to a topic, click on the topic title. http://www.cfcindia.com/cda/mainpages/bct.php
Each message is in the MP3 format of 1.5 MB (approx) size file.

I encourage you to listen to it. If you are blessed by it, please post your testimony for others encouragement.

In Him,
Shibu

2005/9/30 3:17Profile
LetUsPray

Re: Basic Christian Teachings (72 messages of 15 minutes each)

Thank you Shibu,

I couldn't agree with you more regarding this statement:

Quote:
Lord Jesus told to the Sadducees in Matthew 22:29 that, “You are mistaken (literal meaning is DECEIVED), not knowing the Scriptures nor the power of God." This is the case of majority of believers. Due to lack of scripture knowledge, either they are deceived by false prophets/teachers or their lives are powerless and superficial.

I will certainly check this out. We need all the help we can get in these days of deception.

God bless you,

2005/9/30 9:30Profile
shibu

Goa, India

Br. Hans thanks for your open heart to disagree with my statement.

Psalmist says in Psalm 1:2-3 "But his delight is in the law of the LORD, and in His law he meditates day and night. He shall be like a tree planted by the rivers of water, that brings forth its fruit in its season, whose leaf also shall not wither; and whatever he does shall prosper." Yea, it is very true that, those who really mediate on God's word and allow the Holy Spirit to make those word into reality in their lives will definitely experience freshness and fruitfulness.

God's mind and His ways are clearly portrayed in the scripture. But sadly, most Christians don't get into God's depth because they causally sim through the scripture without much diligence and hunger to know God and His ways. Proverbs 25:2 says that "It is the glory of God to conceal a matter, but the glory of kings is to search out a matter." Like those who go into the depth of sea find precious pearls and gems but those who surf superficially won't get such hidden treasures, so with the Holy scriptures.

Brothers and sisters, let this be the cry of our heart when we come to scripture "Open my eyes, that I may see wondrous things from Your law. I am a stranger in the earth; do not hide Your commandments from me" (Psalm 119:18-19).

In Him,
Shibu

2005/9/30 10:10Profile
LetUsPray

Dear Shibu,

Quote:
Br. Hans thanks for your open heart to disagree with my statement.

I hope that you mistyped "disagree," for I wholeheartedly AGREE with you.

Thanks again for the link. We know a number of new Christians who may really benefit from this.

God bless you Brother,

2005/9/30 10:44Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re:

I saw these teachings on brother Zac's site last week. I am going to get them up onto SermonIndex ASAP. What great materials brother Zac is producing for the body of Christ.

2005/9/30 10:57Profile
dullrainbow

Iowa U.S.

Shibu...Thanks! It is amazing how this man can say soooo much in just a few short minutes.

2005/9/30 14:21Profile
shibu

Goa, India

Yea dullrainbow, it is true, how Br.Zac Poonen could say such sold stuff in few minutes. At the end of listening you are convicted, blessed and challenged. God's word says in John 3:27 "A man can receive nothing unless it has been given to him from heaven."

How much we should be thankful to God through Lord Jesus for giving us true shepherds (Br.Zac is one among that, praise God for others too) in the body of Christ for guiding and protecting us. It is a fulfillment of God's promise to those return from their backsliding through prophet Jeremiah "I will give you shepherds according to My heart, who will feed you with knowledge and understanding" (Jeremiah 3:15). Such men, in order to become mouth piece of God, how much God took them through suffering, rejection and humiliation, which is hidden. In the midst of that, they took their cross and followed their Master faithfully. Since they allowed the God to break them, now we receive the blessing of such hidden consecration before God. Let their lives challenge us to lead a godly life and fulfill God's purpose for our lives too.

Let us do as scripture says in 1 Timothy 5:17 "Let the elders who rule well be counted worthy of double honor, especially those who labor in the word and doctrine." At the time same make sure that, we don't worship them or make tabernacle for them. Like Peter told to Jesus on mount of transfiguration, “Lord, it is good for us to be here; if You wish, let us make here three tabernacles: one for You, one for Moses, and one for Elijah.” Let this ring in our ear "This is My beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased. Hear Him!”

"If I (Lord Jesus) am lifted up from the earth, will draw all peoples to Myself.”

In Him,
Shibu

2005/10/1 1:43Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy