SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : 1,000 year reign

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
PosterThread
PreachParsly

Arkansas

Re:

Quote:
'secret' rapture

I always wonder what people are talking about when they say 'secret' rapture. Who belives in a 'secret' rapture? Pre-tribs don't think it would be a secret if several people just disapeared. Do they? I've never heard the rapture (from any point of view) preached as a secret.

2005/9/30 12:35Profile

Re:

Now I understand, after reading all of these posts.

The study of Eschatology does not consist of reading one chpt. from one book or just one book, but like any other 'Vital' doctrine of the Bible or The Church, before a decision is made, EVERY verse, from O.T. to New, must be set aside and then ALL looked at as a WHOLE.
{'Vital' doctrine, as in, A Matter of Spiritual Life or Death Doctrine, in the end.}

If Chip Brogden has said that "Satan is bound", then I will cancel my email newsletter with him as of today.

I said before to a brother here, that I see we already went through "the apostasy from Truth" years ago, and that now, we are seeing "the strong delusion" (2 Thess 2:3-12). The word "strong" means "effectual" and when "God sends something 'effectual', it surely is".

Those who "make it through unto the end" or are called "overcomers", have "the testimony of Jesus" which is defined for us in Rev. 19:10 [u]"the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy.[/u]"

Once the world is "given over to believe the lie", the overcomers will be able to recognise each other by the 'spirit of prophecy'.

Again, the Greek definition for "Heresy or Heresies" is "choice ~ to choose for oneself ~ the opinion CHOSEN".......... so, that means, EVERYTHING we believe, is our own God given Freewill CHOICE.

If we do not seek God, as in John 16:13 ... and choose to believe what "we like".... then we will be looking at 2 Thess 2 right in the eyes ... because 2:10 says, they received{accepted} Not the "Agape"{Unconditional Love} OF The Truth.
God Doesn't have 'many' truths or optional truths or truth of our choosing, and it will be "truth" in the end, that either damns us or saves us... and that goes beyond just the truth of "how to be saved"... but the Truths that Jesus, Paul, Peter and John spoke that we needed to "know" and "watch" so that we "NOT BE DECEIVED" in the Last Days.

This has been a very eye opening thread and very scarey & sad at the same time.

Edited to define 'vital', 'received' & agape.

2005/9/30 13:52
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re:

Easy there Joshua, this is not the place to dictate. There are a few folks who have been at this awhile.

2005/9/30 15:38Profile

Re:

Update to my last post:

I have received an answer from Chip Brogden, who I have followed {not in the wrong sense of that word 'followed'} and have given his site out for years now, and he has assured me that I need not cancel my subscription to his email newsletter.

I am very relieved.

I love you all very much. There is no way on earth that I can "prove" that to any, but I do think this topic of Eschatology is very much needed on this Forum and am surprised that not more attention has been given to it in threads.

I believe with all the life left in me, that it is "the need of the hour"... more than I can even express to you all.

I have re-read some of the posts on this thread and feel an urgency that we do need to hash this out, but in a civil way.

Maybe not on this particular thread, maybe yes, but either way, I must say, very emphatically, that we CAN KNOW and MUST KNOW Eschatology and that the WORD of GOD is VERY CLEAR on this topic and that NOT 'ALL' of Revelation (just for one of the books where "last days doctrine" is found) is ALL Symbolism.

I would appeal to you all, that we look into this essential doctrine because, whether one believes this to be true or not ... THE TIME IS SHORT and we are entering {or may have already entered} "the strong delusion".

I can say that emphatically and without even a shadow of a doubt and would be willing if anyone would like me to prove this point Scripturally and by Current Events.

I don't have all the strength in the world, but this is the one Doctrine of The Church that I would be more than willing to be spent on, as it is my burden.

Others, like Jesse etc., are willing to lay down their lives for Evangelism. That is their gift, calling and burden.
For me, it has been eschatology, against my own preferences, for 30 years. I live and breath it, even when I'd rather be cutting up and joking around more than anything in this world. I love cutting up and joking around second only to loving Jesus.

Not only CAN we know the truth about the Last Days, but we are COMMANDED to know, emphatically.

I don't like "disagreeing with Friends", but some of the posts on this thread did scare me, but I will leave it up to y'all, if you care to pursue this topic or not.
Our "doctrinal beliefs" are all "our choice" in the end, as God has defined it, but on this doctrine, concerning His Second Coming, He made sure that He was Very Clear to us, so that "we not be deceived".

With His Love and mine.

2005/9/30 17:00

Re:

What have i said that was too harsh?

Other than asking for everyone to stay on topic.

Grannie, I never knew you have such a heart for this. I probly should've realized it after you posted like 100 people who believed in the Post-rapture.

2005/9/30 18:51

Re:

Hia Joshua,

that was on the last days doctrine thread.

Been praying on whether to resurrect that thread or not. Not sure what I should do just yet.

Resting my ol' beaner tonite ... that's what I know I'm doing fer now. 8-)

Peace to you, always.

me again.

2005/9/30 23:55

Re:

**This isn't my post, just posting for Baruch_48**

Baruch_48 wrote

Quote:
"the millenial reign is interspersed throughout all of the OT prophets ( major & minor, so called ) .... it'll take donkey-work ... and a trust in the Holy Spirit to teach ( rather than seeking to come up with theological 'box' to put a piece of 'head-knowledge' in .. )"

2005/10/1 13:55
roadsign

Re:

Amidst all the discussion relating to end times, there is one message that must rise above all our convictions - for it affects the way we live. Any end-time beliefs that diminish this truth must be questioned.

Chip Brogden says it for us:

Quote:
"For Thine is the Kingdom, and the Power, and the Glory forever. Amen" (Matthew 6:13b).

[The] spirit of Antichrist is active today. It is at work in the world, and it is at work in the Church (or, what is called "the Church"), and it is at work within each one of us individually, trying to draw us out into something - anything - other than Christ. Hence the Lord's need for overcomers to rise up and demonstrate that in spite of all appearances to the contrary, THE LORD JESUS REIGNS, and He is the Christ, the Son of the Living God. This demonstration begins with each individual disciple, then finds expression within the corporate synthesis of Believers, before finding its ultimate expression and release in all creation. If the Lord does not have the preeminence in us as individual disciples, if we remain unsurrendered to Him in our own lives, how can the Church as a whole ever hope to bear His Testimony to the world? This is a critical point.

What assurance are we given? It is this: that in spite of nation rising up against nation, kingdom rising up against kingdom, political tumults and global confusion, "THINE IS THE KINGDOM" - Your Throne is everlasting, Your Kingdom is established, and of the increase of Your Government there shall be no end (cf. Isaiah 9:6,7). In other words, as Daniel would say, the Heavens DO rule, and it is the Most High God Who governs the affairs of men. THAT is the heart of the matter. THAT is what we are moving towards, from our day-to-day affairs as followers of Jesus, to the course and direction of this entire age.

taken from:

THE KINGDOM, THE POWER, AND THE GLORY
by Chip Brogden

[url=http://www.watchman.net/articles/kpg.html]Watchman.net[/url]

2005/10/6 7:15Profile

Re:

Chip is one of the few younger men I've followed for years and have been refreshed by, when I thought we had turned into a dry and thirsty land.

What you've posted, was my point for starting the 'Who is JESUS' thread ... because HE has not been our central theme, but 'topics' have.
And if eschatology or any other doctrine is not Christocentric, or our lives, or our focus, then what are we discussing here ?
Why do threads that make HIM the focal point sink without replies ?

John Bunyan coined the term ProfessOrs.

"Anti" means "in place of" ... so what do we have to discuss "in place of" ?

Annyonomous

2005/10/6 7:50
roadsign

the best quewstion

Quote:
Why do threads that make HIM the focal point sink without replies ?

The best question yet!!!
Dare we answer it?

Diane

2005/10/6 8:50Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy