SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : Welcome & Intro : What a gold mine!

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

What a gold mine!

Howdy to all!
Been roaming about this site a bit and just want to say, God Bless You! I don't know if it's proper to use your first name or not, but from what I can gather, the genius behind this site is 24 years old and has quite a bit of wisdom, may I say much more than many twice his age. What hope you have brought us, pulling all these great men of God together. I am just blown away. Finnaly was able to hear Ray Comforts sermon (highly reccomended),Spurgeon, Tozer, Cymbala, ....What a gold mine! Myself, little long in the tooth, but here goes. Raised Catholic, fell away, drugs,sex,R & R, near death to many times,The Hound of Heaven always in hot pursuit, ran and ran and ran, till I finally cracked and truly gave in (?) about 5 years ago.God saved me. And I don't think I will ever fully understand it. Now I hunger and thirst after the Lord, I so long to know Him. Nothing else matters, nothing else can compare.....but so much to learn....lots of soul searching, coming to an end of myself, brokeness, trials, testing......though He slay me, yet will I worship Him...(don't get the wrong idea, I hardly have the problems Job did)One of the most important things I learned early on was that this was hardly some walk in the park, take up your cross and follow me, and He wasn't kidding.The road is narrow, no doubt about it.The only thing in this life that is of any importance whatsoever is Truth.Why are we here? What is it I am suppose to be doing? And where I am going after it's all over? Those are the questions that I have only found answers to in Christ, and some of the details are yet to be disclosed, but I press on. I have been blessed to be able to listen to Christian radio while I work as a General Contractor for these past 5 years.Books,books and more books. I just want to understand all that I need to understand, all that God has revealed of Himself to us. What a treasury of knowledge, great men of God all assembled right before us here on this site, it's a taste of Heaven. God Bless you for your mighty efforts!
crsschk

2003/6/15 0:15Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re: What a gold mine!

Quote:
I don't know if it's proper to use your first name or not, but from what I can gather, the genius behind this site is 24 years old and has quite a bit of wisdom, may I say much more than many twice his age.

yes please use my name if you wish: Greg Gordon

Quote:
What hope you have brought us, pulling all these great men of God together.

God has surely helped tremoundsly in bringing these audio files all together, they all seeming to fall into place in the last year!

Quote:
Now I hunger and thirst after the Lord, I so long to know Him. Nothing else matters, nothing else can compare.....but so much to learn....lots of soul searching, coming to an end of myself, brokeness, trials, testing......though He slay me, yet will I worship Him..

yes brother, I think alot of people coming to this site have the same desire and thirsting after God. Many people are not satisfied with the false spirituality in alot of Christianity, especially charismatic Christianity. We need God to move in our day, and to lead us into all truth and show us his Son in all his glory!!

Quote:
Books,books and more books.

I love books also, have a collection of 2000+ ;-) If you are searching for an rare old classic or are looking for any recommendations let me know. also check out: [url=http://www.wrtbooks.com]www.wrtbooks.com[/url]

2003/6/16 10:22Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy