SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Revivals And Church History : To our knees

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Christian

Washington DC

To our knees

Only in prayer does our understanding go beyond the intellect. Our intellectual understanding should bring us to our knees and their, Jesus is made real. It is in prayer and only in prayer that our intellectual understanding of Jesus becomes real. The person, Jesus, made real through the intimate communion of the Holy Spirit with the praying soul.

“Can a man be born again and not have the spirit of prayer?” E.M.Bounds.

To him that loved me,
To him that died for me,
To him that shed his blood for me,
All honor, glory and majesty.

Come Lord Jesus, come,
Pour out your Holy One upon us,
Pour you spirit upon the dry ground,
Revive us again may our hearts be full.

O lord, thou must do it,
Thou must come
There is no other way
Lord Jesus, thy honor is at stake.

2003/11/12 12:22Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re: To our knees

Quote:
“Can a man be born again and not have the spirit of prayer?” E.M.Bounds.

What an exhoratation for us brothers and sisters to come to God in the spirit of prayer to seek his face till he may be found. I believe for many evangelical christians in our day God is distant in their everyday experience, ohh God come close to us in these days of confusion and darkness.

Quote:
Lord Jesus, thy honor is at stake.

Ohh God how long will you let your name be trampled underneath. Purify, Refine, Purge us; make us acceptable in your sight, people that bear your name.. Lord Jesus do it for your holy names sake. For we bear your name.

[b]Daniel 9:15 (kjv)[/b] - And now, O Lord our God, that hast brought thy people forth out of the land of Egypt with a mighty hand, and hast gotten thee renown, as at this day; we have sinned, we have done wickedly.

[b]Daniel 9:19 (kjv)[/b] - O Lord hear; O Lord, forgive; O Lord, hearken and do; defer not, for thine own sake, O my God: for thy city and thy people are called by thy name.

God has made a name for himself he allows us to bear his name: Christian. As followers of Christ we are ensamples and ambassadors in this world for God, are we living up to this responsibility. We need God's mercy, we need to come to him in repentance. Oh Lord! judgement begins in the house of God.

2003/11/12 16:32Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy