SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Miracles that follow the plow : First Time Open Air???...!!!

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
all4Christ

Re:

Thank you for sharing about the outreach. Praise the Lord that He does have laborers in His harvest field.

My brother use to do some open air (street) preaching with some other guys.

May the Lord continue to increase your love for Him and reach out to many hearts and lives with His Love through you and through all who are His and obeying Him.

The following verses just came to my mind:
"I planted, Apollos watered, but God gave the increase.
So then neither he who plants is anything, nor he who waters, but God who gives the increase." (I Cor. 3:6-7)

(There's also Isaiah 6 and 55:8-11)

May God continue to be your strength!

2005/9/24 19:02Profile
_Disciple_

The Netherlands

Re:

Hey all4Christ!

thanks for your words :-) it's God indeed who gives increase!

Great that your brother is doing this, it looks like street preaching is more in America than here in The Netherlands, because i never saw here anyone preach open air.

Be blessed all4Christ, and be a blessing!

William

2005/9/25 13:02Profile
saved_matt

Lancashire, England

re:

First of many i hope ;-)

William, it is great to hear about what the Lord is doing in you life, i too am a street preacher in my home town, my brother, my fiance and i go out onto the streets every week, my brother and i preach for around 15 minutes an we also had out tracts and have one to ones with people.

I encourage you to go out onto the streets as the Lord leads you William, I firmly believe that God is rasing up street preachers all over the world as 'the church' goes more an more apostate He has His faithful preachiung the true unwatered-down Gospel on the streets whether the people want to hear it or not.

I was amazed to read that you have never seen another open air preacher in your country, I pray the Lord blesses you with the words of eternal life to speak to masses that are on their way to Hell.

Some things I've learned so far:

1: Dont bother condemning other religions this is antagonism that is not needed, preach Christ and Him crucified, dont bother denouncing islam, budhism etc..

2: A heckler who walks away does not want a response so dont bother shouting after them.

3: Ask every 'christian' who comes up to you if they are saved, as some might just be church goers.

4: Old women can be harder to the gospel than big biker looking people.

5: Agression is normally a sign of conviction and thus a sign that the Lord is working on that person.

6: If a heckler says something that is correct like 'Well i believe in Satan' then agree with them say 'I agree, I believe in Satan and that on the cross Jesus won the victory over him'

thats all i can think of at the moment

my last thing that i'd say is be aware open air evangelism can get addictive :-D

matt

2005/9/25 15:52Profile
_Disciple_

The Netherlands

Re:

Hi Matt

Quote:

saved_matt wrote:
First of many i hope ;-)

[smile]

Thank you brother for your post, i am so thankful for all you guys, for praying encouraging and talking about own experiences!

Quote:
I encourage you to go out onto the streets as the Lord leads you

yea, i am still scared, but i want to be sencetive to The Holy Spirit, for me is to spend time with Him, for inner purity results in outer power. If He says go, i should go!

Quote:
my last thing that i'd say is be aware open air evangelism can get addictive:-)

[laughs] ow men, great :-), for now i am still scared, still don't know how to cope with all the experiences and feelings. Just giving it back to Him, lay it all in His Hands for He is The Shepherd!

i feel such a newbe, i always looked a sort of up at those who did street preaching, that they had the guts to do it, but it's not the guts that drive them, but God called them to do this! And i thank Him for giving Grace to do it and Words to preach! And His Love casts out all fear!

And for me it is to be a voice and not an echo!

But thanks again Matt for your words and prayer and the things you have learned, i appreciate that very much! :-)

Be blessed in your street preaching, that you may speak The Words He is giving you!

William

2005/9/25 16:52Profile
Eli_Barnabas

Cache Valley, Utah

Re:

Way to go, brother! Always rely upon the power of the Holy Spirit, and abide in the vine for all your strength, for apart from Him we can do nothing. God bless and may more of us be inspired to do likewise!

-Eli

2005/9/26 9:26Profile
PreachParsly

Arkansas

Re:

WOO HOO! Man that is exciting!

I know the empty feeling when you preach open-air the first time. I know the first time I preached open-air I felt like a complete loser and worth nothing. It is nothing but the flesh revolting and spritual attack. You did the right thing. I am so excited! Makes me want to go preach!

The more you do it the more you realize it's all God working through you. Just keep in prayer. He will provide!

2005/9/26 11:18Profile
Yodi

Escondido, California

Re: First Time Open Air???...!!!

Oh man William, this was exciting to read on printed paper Monday, while I rode up to the conference I was attending. I am bummed that I didn't get to read this when you posted it, but it was encouraging to read how God answered prayers. Wow, what an experience! It's inspirational to see you simply obey the voice of the Lord. It's encouraging to see you continually grow. Make sure to share with us if you end up going out and open air preaching again.

2005/9/28 20:47Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy