SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Dallas Celebrating Sodomy

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re: Sister Dorcas and Arielle

I thought hypocricy was the mother of all sin, far worse then others. That is why it says hypocrites will receive "greater condemnation" in Matthew 23:14.

I agree that all sin is a crime against God, and in that sense all the same. But still not all sin is equal in it's ugliness. That is why there is "greater condemnation" because there are some sins "greater" then others.

As Spurgeon said, homosexuality is the only sin that has brought hell out of heaven.

But I greatly love homosexuals and want to see them saved and set free. But they must see just how ugly their sin is, how damnable it truly is in the sight of a holy, perfect God.

2005/9/24 20:02

Re:

But the whole beast thing is not something I always say. I picked it up from Whitefield. I have read 30 of his sermons in the past 2 weeks, and in them he often says things like "your half devil, half beast, deserving of a thousand hells." It doesn't take long of reading or listening to a preacher before he rubs off on you.

ps. He said "a thousand hells" because he said we deserve hell for every sin we've committed. So how many sins have you committed? That is how many hells you deserve.

2005/9/24 20:23

Brother Jess

The way I just read Mt 23:14 was that priests, pharisees, etc who make phony displays of piety to trick gullible women out of their inheritances would be subject to the "greater condemnation".

It speaks of ecclesiastical sins, the priesthood misappropriating the trust that the flock feels for the minister of God.

Nowhere in the Bible does the Word say that one sin of the flesh is worse than the other.

I know that you do love homosexuals or any other lost sinner, but I must ask you this....having you filmed and quoted on some TV channel's B roll saying that homosexuals are no better than "animals"......how does this reflect the love of Jesus?

It felt to me that's all the two sisters above were saying, and I don't know if you recieved that.

Brother Jesse, if you want to preach the streets calling lost sinners "animals", go for it.

2005/9/24 20:30

In Due respect

Jesse my dear brother, and I mean that dear from my whole heart......why not take the time to reread "The Life of Brainerd"........or I'm reading two OUTSTANDING annointed works of Dietrich Bonhoeffer's one, "Life Together...a discussion on Christian fellowship", and "The Cost of Discipleship"....Jess, Bonhoeffer is huge....I cant even begin to ...relate how much these two books are ministering to me, and how I .......how I.....Praise the Lord.......just let me say two things, if you get a chance read all three books (lol) and that I love you in Christ Jesus!!!

GLORY.

2005/9/24 20:36

Re: In Due respect

Yes Brainerd is excellent! I have yet to read The Cost of Discipleship, but hope to get myself a copy soon.

2005/9/25 15:35
baruch_48

Re: callousness

I am going to go out on a limb here and call you to repent, brother Jesse ( finding this thread albeit late ).

Your remarks about "beasts" direct in the face of homosexuals is exactly what makes it hard on the rest of us, when we attempt to witness to a homosexual ( as sister Arielle seemed to be alluding to ).

A lot of what you do sounds heroic to our ears, I'm sure .... bold, courageous, etc ....

but if " I have not love, I am nothing"

I challenge you, brother ... TO DO NOTHING ... until you are convicted by the Love of God for "the beasts"

I challenge you to study Acts 17 and ask if it shows any place where the apostle Paul told the homosexual Athenians " they were beasts."

Quote:
May God save them before they bring the wrath of God down on this country.

This is your real motivation, I think .... for out of the heart the mouth speaks ( or the fingers type ).

You are more interested in "this country" and it being saved from "God's wrath against homosexuals" - than you are about the homosexuals themselves.

There are plenty of beasts in the Christian Conservative circles, making money as vultures and vampires, off of the poor of this world.

I admire your heart, Bro J.

But your flesh is in the way.

You didn't accomplish much that weekend - for the Lord.

in Christ,

Bro Baruch

2005/10/4 6:50Profile
philologos

Reading, UK

Re:

Quote:
As Spurgeon said, homosexuality is the only sin that has brought hell out of heaven.

I never heard this before. What does it mean?

2005/10/4 7:12Profile
Mekdi

Addis Ababa, Ethiopia

Re:

You’re telling Jesse to repent???!!! How about Jesus saying “you brood of vipers” I see that this is their exact situation and this is the truth about them! The love you mention has to be shown to a repentant homosexual not to the ones justifying their situation. If they don’t repent I repeat that they are beasts and if they come to my face I’ll tell them that they’re living like an animal and has to repent. If you see the past revivalists they have no respect for the way of life that grieves God! They’re not humanistic! They are siding God not humans! Sometimes George Whitefield would cry "O’ You monsters of sin cry for your sins if you don’t cry I will cry for you!” then he will lift up his eyes to heaven and cry and wail loudly after that kind of preaching many would come to Jesus trembling and repenting! Jesse really had the balance there-he preached Jesus and his love and most of them mocked! Then he clearly stated their situation!

“from my own experience- a friend of mine is gay and i am sure that if i told him he lived like an animal, he would no longer ever want to be in my presence; and therefore the chance to share Christ with him would be gone.”

I think you have to look deep inside here. Are you afraid of offending your friend? If you offend him by telling him his real situation let it be so. This is love. Love is telling that a person is playing with a fire. Revealing his true character to him not lulling his feelings.

I think we have to re-define love. For me, what Jesse did is Love. We have to be hard on sinfulness of ourselves and others.

Your sis. Mek.

2005/10/8 2:35Profile

Re: Dallas Celebrating Sodomy

Dear Mek,

You make a very clear case which I respect and you're right, it's important to reach homosexuals with the gospel.

However, homosexuality is so prevalent in the west right now and being taught about in schools that those of us who have to live and work with them, need a better strategy than calling them animals when they don't repent immediately.

We do need to respect and love them as any other persons who are being drawn by God to Himself and we have to present the face and the voice of God in their lives, until those who will come to Him, do.

2005/10/8 5:57
ellie

UK

Re: Dallas Celebrating Sodomy

Hi Jesse,

I have read everyone’s comments and have had some! Agreement with everyone.

But as I started at the 'newest thread’, I read Jesse's Posting last and now see why Jesse said,
Quote: I told them that homosexuals live like animals and beasts

I have two comments to this:

1) I can see why you Jesse said this, after witnessing thousands in this parade, which included children!
And believe that it was the Enormity of this Parade that brought those words to the surface.

2)I also agree with some of what others have said, in that it would not be a good thing to always say those kind of words to smaller groups or to the singular person as this would not serve the purpose of Jesus love.
However, when in such a mass parade, then those words would, perhaps be apt.

Personally, in general, I would not use those kinds of words or think them. But then, I have not been present at a parade.
I do see them as people! contrary to what anyone might think, that I think on this site.

Keep preaching Jesse, we do not have enough open air preachers do we.

And we need to remember that this was open air preaching and we who comment, I think! are all non open air preachers.

ellie

2005/10/8 16:30Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy