SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : General Topics : Model of 12? G12?

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Corneliu

Model of 12? G12?

I came across a pastor who encourages a cell type of org. in the church called "G12" or "Model of 12" that originated in South America. I do not endorse it at all and the reason I brought this up here is to get some advice from people thet know more about it.

I looked it up some , and I am quite a skeptic so far (well, I'm a skeptic to begin with).

Please let me know what you think.

Here are some links;

http://www.kt.org/?p=model12
http://letusreason.org/Pent55.htm

2005/9/21 11:53Profile
PreachParsly

Arkansas

Re: Model of 12? G12?

[url=http://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=4433&forum=36#39915]Here[/url]is a thread that I started a long time ago.

I was in a g-12 church for awhile. I was even one of the "12" of the pastor for awhile and then moved to the youth. I do not attend that church anymore...

2005/9/21 13:27Profile
Corneliu

Re:

Thanks for pointing out old threads. It pointed me put to:
http://www.intotruth.org/apostasy/cell-church9.htm

And I found this on the page:"He also scotched the rumours of greatness and authority that the disciples believed they would receive from Jesus on earth. He told them that they would sit on twelve thrones ONLY "in the regeneration, when the Son of Man sits on the throne of His glory" (Matt 19:28)

Heaven and the Throne Coming to Earth Right Now?
Could it be therefore (and I believe this is so) that the modern-day church leadership sees this "regeneration" of all things happening RIGHT NOW, together with the glorification, and the spiritual coming of the Son of Man, such that the "throne" is AT THIS TIME coming down "from heaven to earth" allowing them to claim this promise of rulership "over the tribes of Israel" for themselves???"

and " So we see over and over that the model of G12 is one of governmental rule, and of "bringing heaven down to earth"

Oh! Boy!! Isn't this what Paris Reidhead mantioned that it hapened once allready> people thinking that they will build a kingdom for Jesus to come to?

If this is ""regeneration" of all things happening RIGHT NOW," forgive me, but can somebody poiy it out for me, cause I sure can't see it.

I do belive that a remnant will be "refined trough fire"! So I'l stay clear of flashy conventions.

"Then if anyone says to you 'Look here is Christ' or There he is" do not belive it."

2005/9/21 13:57Profile
ZekeO

Pietermaritzburg, South Africa

How solid are we

Quote:

If this is ""regeneration" of all things happening RIGHT NOW," forgive me, but can somebody poiy it out for me, cause I sure can't see it.

In the Lords prayer we have the phrase 'your kingdom come on earth as it is in heaven.' Does that fit into the kingdom now theology?

2005/9/21 14:50Profile

Re: How solid are we

As my church says 'we believe in the kingdom has come, is here, and will come' Meaning 'The kingdom was here =when Jesus walked; the kingdom is now=With us; the kingdom will come=2nd coming of Christ'.

Praise God. That's what the bible says. ;-) as far as I know. Do I need a good rebuking? :-P

2005/9/21 16:54
PassingThru

Re: Model of 12? G12?

Hi. I live in South America. When cell groups first came out there were some scare stories of odd practices within these groups. I not sure what actually happened, nor what the principles of the "G12" movement is. Although I have had very little participation in cell groups, I can say that there are various cell group movements around today that are healthy.

On the whole cell groups appear to be loosely attached to larger churches. Cell group members will often go to a larger church as well.

The general principle is that a member of the church is encouraged to start a home meeting of up to 12 members, with the aim of raise 12 leaders capable of establishing their own groups.

I think the cell group model has a lot of positive attributes :-

* The reduced numbers encourages all members to participate. There is less space for armchair christianity.

* The reduced numbers also means that all members have a good level of intimacy. Cliche social groups often develop within very large churches and it is not uncommon for forgotten "outsiders" to exist that are never even invited to the homes of fellow members.

* Cell group members are developed as capable leaders and not just maintained as followers of a mega preacher.

* With cell groups, Christianity is more resilient to persecution. If a few cells are "taken out", there are plenty more around. Large religious organisations are very easily manipulated and annexed to other political and religious powers. Cell groups can survive without being a registered charity and don't even need a fixed address.

* Cell groups don't require a lot of finances. As the members aren't focused on "the new church building" and there is less scope for personal careers, there is less distractions from the preaching of the gospel itself. To me it closer resembles the pattern that Jesus used for sending out the 12 and the 72 than a large church structure does: "Take neither money bags, nor spare sandals...depend on Me and concentrate on the gospel."

PassingThru

2005/9/21 19:57Profile
Corneliu

Re:

I like this "'The kingdom was here =when Jesus walked; the kingdom is now=With us; the kingdom will come=2nd coming of Christ'". Thanks YeshuaIsMyKing

PassingThru: I know that a lot of the practices are good, but not all: why does it have to be 12 (no scriptural base, Jesus did not recomend it, it was not done). Also, the Spirit imparts gifts as he sees fit, not at "The Encounter" meeting (3 day) set up by men. A litle too mistical for me.

The establishing of the kimgdom will be done by Jesus, and the glory revealed in us before that is likened to the glory revealed in Jesus, by His suferring and death in a world gone away from God. Just read Matt. 24 & Revelation.

2005/9/22 7:55Profile
GaryE

Mifflinburg, Pennsylvania

Re:

Once, I heard a pastor that had a congregation speak about his congregation being part of G12 and having cell groups. He said that many people who would not come to a church by invitation would go to a cell group by invitation. He said that the goal was to bring people into the body of Christ this way and that by getting them into an informal gathering people often came to Christ.

There are people who will not go in a church because of shyness or even their own prejudice that would go to a small group that is informal. This concept makes sense to me but at the same time G12 may be something more that I'm not aware of.

In Christ,
GaryE

2005/9/22 11:06Profile
PreachParsly

Arkansas

Re:

G-12 is a little more than just home groups.

2005/9/22 11:23Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy