Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : General Topics : GOD USES EVEN THOSE WHO HAVE FAILED

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
shibu

Goa, India

GOD USES EVEN THOSE WHO HAVE FAILED

Matthew 13:58 says "He did not do many mighty works there because of their unbelief." Only in eternity, some of us wake up to see that, because of our unbelief God couldn't do mighty work in us. I see many young believers in-Christ, often live in the sense of guilt that, the Lord will not use him/her because he/she missed up their lives so much before or after conversion. That stop them from coming to Lord Jesus with radical repentance with weeping then to believe that Lord can use rest of his/her life for His glory and be in the center of His will.

I, myself gone through this struggle for few years but God in His rich mercy delivered me from this deception. Now my hidden in-depth failure gives me fervent hatred toward satan, world and sin. God has renewed my youth like the eagle’s. There is a pure and fervent devotion to Lord Jesus having more delight to obey and please Him in every walks of life.

For those who are going through same struggle, please read the article "GOD USES EVEN THOSE WHO HAVE FAILED" by Zac Poonen, which is appended. Pray that Lord will deliberate your soul from that bondage. Finally, what the Lord had done for me, will do for you too. Amen!

In Him,
Shibu

GOD USES EVEN THOSE WHO HAVE FAILED : Zac Poonen

Peter could become a compassionate apostle only after he had blundered and fallen into the sin of denying the Lord three times. It was certainly not God's perfect will for Peter to sin like that. But yet we see that God allowed it in order to do a work in Peter. It made him tender and sympathetic towards those who had failed in life.

Jesus never sinned even once, and yet He was infinitely compassionate and merciful towards sinners. But with the rest of Adam's race, that has not been the case. Those who have never fallen into gross sin usually end up being hard and unmerciful and haughty towards sinners.

When we look at the circumstances through which Peter fell into this gross sin, we see that God could have easily prevented him from even facing the temptation to deny the Lord. Yet God chose not to protect him from those moments of temptation.

In John 18:15-18 we see that John and Peter followed Jesus to the court of the high-priest. Since John knew the high- priest, the doorkeeper let him in. But Peter could not go in. So John came and spoke to the doorkeeper and gained admission for Peter too. That looked like a good thing at that moment. But notice the fact that Peter would not have sinned that night, if John had not got Peter into that courtyard - for it was only inside there that Peter was questioned, and that he denied the Lord three times (See John 18:17,25,27).

So we could ask the question, "Why did God allow that to happen? Why didn't He prevent Peter from gaining entry into the courtyard?" Was that a mistake on God's part? No. God in His sovereignty permitted John to get Peter inside, so that Peter could get an education through his failure. He could not have become the leader of the apostles and the leading evangelist of the early church without having completed this course in his education.

Satan had his agents ready to tempt Peter, but he had to get God's permission to do that. But Jesus was praying for Peter that his faith would not fail in that moment of utter failure (Lk.22:31,32). And Jesus' prayer was answered. Peter came out of that experience a broken, compassionate man. Never again in his life would he be able to denounce sinners with harshness. Every time he was tempted to do that, he would remember his own failure and tone down his denunciations.

God can make the very worst things that ever happened in your life to work for your very best, if you have faith. During the seven weeks before Pentecost, Peter may have wished many times that John had not gotten permission for him to enter the courtyard that fateful night, so that he would not have denied the Lord. But then he would not have been broken either, and he would have been unfit to preach the gospel to sinners on the day of Pentecost.

We know that Peter still preached against sin, for he writes in his letter about following in Jesus' steps "who did no sin", and of "ceasing from sin" (1 Pet.2:2,22; 4:1,2). But now he preached with compassion. This was why he was given the privilege to open the door of the gospel to the Jews on the day of Pentecost, and also to the Gentiles in the house of Cornelius. God could have used James or John in either of those instances. But he didn't. He used Peter - the one who had failed miserably - for he could speak with greater compassion to wayward sinners than those others.

David was another one like Peter. Once when he avoided going to the battlefield through laziness, he slipped up badly and fell into sin - a sin that became like a black mark against him for the rest of his life and for centuries thereafter (2 Sam.11:1-5). The Holy Spirit records, "David did what was right in the sight of the Lord, and had not turned aside from anything that He commanded him all the days of his life, except in the case of Uriah the Hittite." (1 Kings 15:5).

Yet God used David's failure to break him and to make him write Psalm 51 - a portion of inspired Scripture that has blessed millions for many centuries, more than any other writing of David's. David could never have written that psalm if he had fallen into a lesser sin. His failure had to be great and deep and known publicly, so that he might be thoroughly humbled and broken. He was a broken man for the rest of his life.

And Jesus even calls Himself the Son of David!!

2005/9/21 0:50Profile

Re: GOD USES EVEN THOSE WHO HAVE FAILED

Good shibu.

Don't we all fail daily, if we come right down to it ?

If "His Image" is the goal ... then each day I fail Him.

Thank God He works on us and when we cry out, "Lord, I'm drowning" ... He can be trusted to reach down and pull us up out of the rushing stormy waters.

Thank You Love of God.

I need thee every hour, most precious Lord.....
I need thee, Lord, I need Thee, every hour I need Thee, Oh Bless us now our Savior, we come to Thee.

2005/9/21 2:49
shibu

Goa, India

Sis. Annie as you mentioned, it is true. As the Holy Spirit shows more and more the glory of Lord Jesus Christ, the more we will see our own inner corruption. That is the mark of a true spiritual man/woman, his/her conscience becomes more sensitive to sin as he/she draw closer to God. What he/she couldn't see one more month or year back, now see it as black and white. Proverbs 4:18 "But the path of the just is like the shining sun, that shines ever brighter unto the perfect day."

There is lot difference between continuing in sin and falling into sin. The best example is difference between a pig and white cat. However best shower you give to pig, it will finally return to its own vomit. White cat may fall into mire accidentally or because of pressure of temptation. But it will not stay there for weeks or months. So with those who genuinely walking with the Lord. We may fall into sin (due to many reasons: pressure of temptation, lack of quality with the Lord, lack of prayer, lack of feeding on God's word, lack of faith, etc.) but will immediately come to the fountain of blood and washed in it and striving to keep a good conscience before God and man by restitution if needed. He/She will not be satisfied with this, they will come boldly to the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy and find grace to help in time of need. This person will move from one glory to another glory. Amen!

In Him,
Shibu

2005/9/21 3:54Profile
_Disciple_

The Netherlands

wow thanks shibu!

this is so true, God is rich in mercy, and i can't understand why God uses me even though i make mistakes and fail.

God is Faithful, i'm so thankful :-)

great article, very encouraging!

be very blessed!

William

2005/9/21 10:04Profile
shibu

Goa, India

Few years back, I had read Zac Poonen's book titled "The Purpose Of Failure." It had brought tremendous liberty in my walk with God from the guilt of messing up life after knowing the Lord. Those who want to read that book on-line, use the following link http://poonen.org/zac/the_supreme_priorities.html
and for downloading same e-book, the link is
http://www.cfcindia.com/cda/books/ebooks/The_Supreme_Priorities.pdf

After reading the above mentioned book, the following scripture fulfilled in my life by the grace of God. 2 Corinthians 7:10-11 "For godly sorrow produces repentance leading to salvation, not to be regretted; but the sorrow of the world produces death. For observe this very thing, that you sorrowed in a godly manner: What diligence it produced in you, what clearing of yourselves, what indignation, what fear, what vehement desire, what zeal, what vindication! In all things you proved yourselves to be clear in this matter."

Praise God! for His rich mercy and love towards us. Genuine revelation of God's nature will lead us into genuine repentance but not to a license for committing deliberate sins.

In Him,
Shibu

2005/9/21 10:40Profile
Eli_Barnabas

Cache Valley, Utah

Re:

Zac Poonen's awesome!

2005/9/21 11:33Profile
_Disciple_

The Netherlands

Re:

Hi Shibu

thank you so much (again), for the links! :-)

i will read it soon

be very blessed, keep looking at Jesus...facedown!

in His Grace

William

2005/9/21 11:43Profile
Nellie

Thanks for posting this.
I needed to read this today.
Lord knows I have failed Him, but He has never failed me.
He is the only One, who has never failed.
God Bless you.
Nellie :-)

2005/9/21 13:08Profile
dullrainbow

Iowa U.S.

Quote:
God has renewed my youth like the eagle’s.

Shibu this passage came to mind, thought I would share it here, and express my happiness for you, and gratefulness for sharing this message with us. This is a message I need to hear myself.
Ps. 103
Bless the LORD, O my soul: and all that is within me, bless his holy name.
Bless the LORD, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits:
Who forgiveth all thine iniquities; who healeth all thy diseases;
Who redeemeth thy life from destruction; who crowneth thee with lovingkindness and tender mercies;
Who satisfieth thy mouth with good things; so that thy youth is renewed like the eagle's.
The LORD executeth righteousness and judgment for all that are oppressed.
He made known his ways unto Moses, his acts unto the children of Israel.
The LORD is merciful and gracious, slow to anger, and plenteous in mercy.
He will not always chide: neither will he keep his anger for ever.
He hath not dealt with us after our sins; nor rewarded us according to our iniquities.
For as the heaven is high above the earth, so great is his mercy toward them that fear him.
As far as the east is from the west, so far hath he removed our transgressions from us.
Like as a father pitieth his children, so the LORD pitieth them that fear him.
For he knoweth our frame; he remembereth that we are dust.

2005/9/21 13:16Profile
ccchhhrrriiisss

Hi Shibu...!

This is a very timely message! I'm so glad that the Lord uses those who have failed. In fact, the Word is filled with stories of God using failures! David, Abraham, Moses, Solomon, Samson, Peter, etc... It is encouraging that God includes such stories in the Word -- because it gives us hope, and a greater understanding of the grace and mercy of God.

Now, we should pray that such things will be understood by the rest of the Church. Unfortunately, many believers self-righteously reject and discard those who have fallen. May God give all believers a strong compassion for those who have fallen, and a realization that God is able to use [u]anyone[/u] that calls upon Him in truth. I also pray that any person who has fallen will understand that the "[i]book[/i]" [i]of his[/i]/[i]her life[/i] is [u]still[/u] being written. The last pages have not yet been completed.

Quote:
"Rejoice not against me, O mine enemy: when I fall, I shall arise; when I sit in darkness, the LORD shall be a light unto me." [i]Micah 7:8[/i]

Thank you for sharing, Shibu!

:-)

2005/9/21 13:41Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy