SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Bill Fay / Share Jesus W/out fear?

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
mshelby

Bill Fay / Share Jesus W/out fear?

Just curious what you all think about Bill Fay's approach? Personally, for me it doesn't really work that well, but my church (So. Baptist) really seems to push this. Instead I like Ray Comfort's use of the 10 Commandments as a better tool. Just curious if any church has seen results using Bill Fay's "method."

2005/9/19 15:36Profile
PreachParsly

Arkansas

Re: Bill Fay / Share Jesus W/out fear?

What method does he use?

2005/9/19 17:41Profile
denem7

Orange Park, FL

Re: Bill Fay / Share Jesus W/out fear?

i have read bill fay's book. his approach was exciting to me till i heard the ray comfort approach. then, i chose to use the "comfort" approach. so, i am in agreement with you! however, just keep in mind that ray comfort says that the quality is in the seed, not in the sower. you can have the most skilled farmer on the face of the planet planting seeds or the biggest idiot planting seeds. both will yield a good crop as long as the seed is sown on good ground! also (and more importantly),keep in mind what God's word says: God's word will not come back void. therefore, if you use God's word, you will have impact! may the Lord richly bless you in reaching the lost my friend. continue on in your desire to reach others.

2005/9/19 23:03Profile
mshelby

Re:

I'm not sure how to describe it. I tend to think of it as "abrupt" evangelism. He teaches that you can share the gospel in 30 seconds by walking up to someone and asking them "If you died tonight would you go to heavan or hell? If heaven, why do you believe that?" Then he asks them " _____ If what you were believing were not true would you want to know about it?" Then he launches into the "Roman Road" technique and actually asks the person he is witnessing to to read the applicable text out of a small pocket Bible he carries.

This might work, but it seems a little to offensive to me... It's just a little to "tel-evangelical" to me. I envision someone with slicked back hair in a cheap suit walking up to me and asking this type of question.

Of course, on the other hand you could go with "relational" evangelism where you spend years "earning" the "right" to speak with them about serious matters (hope they don't get hit by a bus before then!)

Ray's method just makes more sense for me, and I agree that it is the quality of the "seed" not the "sower."

I was curious if anybody's here's church has tried the "Share Jesus w/out Fear" method ?

2005/9/20 14:23Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy