SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Discipleship Unbiblical

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 )
PosterThread
baruch_48

Re:

1 cor 3 - "What after all is Apollos? And what is Paul ? Only servants through whom you came to believe, as the Lord has assigned to each his task ... I [b]planted the seed[/b], Apollos [b]watered it[/b], but God made it [b]grow[/b] ... "

"For we are God's fellow workers ... you are God's field, God's building."

It's obvious that brother Jessie is a "seed planter."

There are others who are "waterers."

"but God made it grow"

not all Christians grow, though having received the seed

not all grow up into discipleship

Baruch

2005/10/3 8:45Profile

Re:

I had posted this way back and thought I'd re-post it in case it ends up getting buried in posts:

Quote:

My conclusion is this:

Discipleship is good if it's with the right person for the right reason.

The right person would be a Christian. Someone who is genuinely desiring spiritual growth.

The right reason is to build someone up in the faith, not to keep someone in the faith. The basis of a man's salvation must be Christ, not another man.

2005/10/3 8:57
groh_frog

Re:

I totally disagree with saying that descipleship is conditional.

Now, there were times when Christ took certain people with him, or spoke to certain people. He Called some of his disciples. He took some to the garden of Gethsemane with him.

I believe that descipleship is mandatory. Even after open air preaching, a person can be truly repentant, and if they get involved in a church that teaches false doctrines, that person might be led in wrong directions.

I believe you should have one hand forward and one back at all times. Someone who is your mentor, and at least one who you are mentoring. Elders in a church should be involved with the younger generations, or with those who may someday be an elder or deacon. At the same time, it can help to have someone who is your teacher. Now, don't replace that with spending time in the Word and prayer. You must be diligent in your own study. But every person needs accountability, and should have someone to keep pushing them along.

Grace and Peace...

2005/10/24 9:22Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy