SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Discipleship Unbiblical

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
PosterThread
PreachParsly

Arkansas

Re:

Quote:
Love has nothing to do with it

Jhn 3:19 And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil.

Jhn 3:20 For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved.

2005/9/21 16:29Profile

I got a smile on my face

coz you and I can sit here and indulge in dueling Scripture's till the Rapture....

"We know that the law is spiritual; but I am unspiritual, [i][b]sold as a slave[/b][/i] to sin".

Romans 7:14

the reason I took exception with the phrase "loving their sin" was because of the way it views the unsaved sinner, it's my heartspace to look at him or her in much the same way we would look at a baby with soiled diapers.

I pray to God to help me love better, to love like Jesus. I wish to view unsaved sinners as helpless and harrassed sheep who are slaves to their sin.

2005/9/21 16:47
ellie

UK

Re: The Love, of SIN.

The Love, of SIN....... by ellie.

Quotes: by PreachParsly
Jhn 3:19 And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil.
Jhn 3:20 For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved.

ellie: agree’s to the above.

------------------------------------------------
ellie say's: God say’s, not all will enter the Kingdom of Heaven.

ellie disagrees:
with the Quotes: by Neilgin1 written below.

Quotes: by Neilgin1
but in my humble opinion, sinners are slaves to their sin. Love has nothing to do with it, it's old time bondage, slavery, chains and the works.

I wish to view unsaved sinners as helpless and harrassed sheep who are slaves to their sin.

the reason I took exception with the phrase "loving their sin" was because of the way it views the unsaved sinner, it's my heartspace to look at him or her in much the same way we would look at a baby with soiled diapers.

[b]ellie[/b] say’s:
It is obvious Neilgin1, that you have not been subjected, to True Evil Wickedness, Loved by the person, who still after 20 years, perpetrates this to as many as that person can.
Cunningly, Deceivingly, Planned by Teams and Wickedly Executed by this person and others. Playing Wicked Evil Games on innocent Human Beings, of all ages.
Tin soldiers were too boring; they had no life in them.

ellie thinks: this next Quote:by Neilgin1
maybe the profile of its writer.

Quote: by Neilgin1
the trap of spiritual arrogance, any man can fall at any time for any reason.

My Prayer.
May God have Mercy on those who are ensnared and entrapped by these people? And those who are victims of these people.

I live in the knowledge, that in Gods timing, these wicked people will be exposed.

Glory To God who doth fight for us. Amen

ellie

2005/9/21 19:09Profile

oh boy

Quote:
ellie say’s:
It is obvious Neilgin1, that you have not been subjected, to True Evil

how do you know sister?

2005/9/21 19:29

Re: oh boy

Did every one skim over my challenge????

Quote:
[b]Um, i was thinking about this.

When Christ called the 12 forward, did He call them disciples[u] instantly? [/u](Not as I can remember)

And who else did Christ or anyone in the bible, call a 'disciple' and WHEN were they called it? (immediatly, or after a period of time)

This is my challenge to firmly root what the bible says. (one way or the other).[/b]

That's a three-fold question..

2005/9/25 23:40
PreachParsly

Arkansas

Re:

Quote:
When Christ called the 12 forward, did He call them disciples instantly?

Luke 5:2 And saw two ships standing by the lake: but the fishermen were gone out of them, and were washing [their] nets.

Luk 5:8 When Simon Peter saw [it], he fell down at Jesus' knees, saying, Depart from me; for I am a sinful man, O Lord.

Luk 5:9 For he was astonished, and all that were with him, at the draught of the fishes which they had taken:

Luk 5:10 And so [was] also James, and John, the sons of Zebedee, which were partners with Simon. And Jesus said unto Simon, Fear not; from henceforth thou shalt catch men.

Luk 6:13 And when it was day, he called [unto him] his disciples: and of them he chose twelve, whom also he named apostles;

It depends on what you call instantly.. A chapter after meeeting them he called them Apostles.

2005/9/26 14:01Profile
PassingThru

Re: good word conqueror

Quote:
I do believe just leading someone to Christ and not discipling that person is like leaving someone to the wolves

There are some exceptions :-

[color=000099]And when he got into the boat, he who had been demon-possessed begged Him that he might be with Him. However Jesus did not permit him, but said to him, "Go home to your friends and tell them the great things the Lord has done for you, and how He has had compassion on you."[/color] - Mark 5:18-19 (NKJV)

[color=000099]Now when they came up out of the water, the Spirit of the Lord caught Philip away, so that the eunuch saw him no more; and he went on his way rejoicing.[/color] - Acts 8:39 (NKJV)

I think both of these conversions were deep enough not to need discipling.

PassingThru

2005/9/26 15:40Profile
roman

Re:

discipleship unbiblical?

How would you interpret this passage

John 21:15-19 "Jesus said to Peter . . . feed my lambs ... tend my sheep ... feed my sheep."

if this not discipleship then what is discipleship?

I believe more Christians are being narrow minded in the term "unbiblical." They tend to focus on the word than the concept behind the word.

From my point of view, with the narrow definition of "unbiblical" I would say that all Bible english words we are using are unbiblical. Why? The Bible is in Greek, Hebrew & some portions in Aramaic. You want to be really Biblical? Speak & write in Greek, Hebrew & Aramaic as used in the Bible. Our english Bible remember is a translation of the Bible.

If I may put it this way, "discipleship" is the word use to translate the concept of tending & feeding the sheep/lamb.

2005/9/27 5:38Profile
PreachParsly

Arkansas

Re:

Hi Roman!

If you read the whole post you can see that the original poster clarified his meaning.

2005/9/27 8:50Profile
philologos

Reading, UK

Re: Evangelism without "Discipleship Unbiblical"?

Jesse says

Quote:
The reason that "discipleship" is not in any bible is because it implies someone is becoming a disciple rather then being a disciple. As soon as someone repents from their sins and believes the gospel they become a disciple. There is no becoming a disciple.

I've been away so this is my first contribution to this thread, although I have read it through.

“Go ye therefore, and [u]teach all nations[/u], baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.” (Matt. 28:19-20, KJVS)

“Go ye therefore, and [u]make disciples of all the nations[/u], baptizing them into the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit: teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I commanded you: and lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world.” (Matt. 28:19-20, ASV)

“having gone, then, [u]disciple all the nations[/u], (baptizing them — to the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all, whatever I did command you,) and lo, I am with you all the days — till the full end of the age.’” (Matt. 28:19-20, YNG)

Jesse,
if you are objecting to 'discipleship' as a 'method', and particularly as the shepherding method, I am with you. but that is a modern spin on the concept rather than an exposition of the scripture. Please notice, as Youngs makes clear, that the word 'disciple' in this context is a verb and not a noun. The noun might, as you have indicated, point to a crisis in which someone becomes a disciple BUT the verb points very definitely to a process. Youngs translation will focus our attention on the 4 occasions when the verb 'to disciple' is used in the scripture;And he said to them, ‘Because of this every scribe [u]having been discipled[/u] in regard to the reign of the heavens, is like to a man, a householder, who doth bring forth out of his treasure things new and old.’ Matt. 13:52 (YNG)
¶ And evening having come, there came a rich man, from Arimathea, named Joseph, who also himself [u]was discipled[/u] to Jesus, Matt. 27:57 (YNG)
having gone, then, [u]disciple[/u] all the nations, (baptizing them — to the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit, Matt. 28:19 (YNG)
Having proclaimed good news also to that city, and [u]having discipled many[/u], they turned back to Lystra, and Iconium, and Antioch, Acts 14:21 (YNG)
Each of these references implies a process. Modern evangelistic practice has tended to focus on the crisis of the proclamation, but the biblical pattern makes it plain that the process of discipling men and women to Christ is the real commission.

Neil says
Quote:

This is perfectly in order as long as it is not our only perspective of the unregenerate; soiled diapers don't require repentance, sin does.

2005/9/28 5:28Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy