Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : General Topics : the souls of men is the prize of the devil

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
AsliEren

Dallas, Texas

the souls of men is the prize of the devil

Mar 7:26 The woman was a Greek, a Syrophenician by nation; and she besought him that he would cast forth the devil out of her daughter.

I was thinking today that the soul of man is the prize of demons and the devil. They are in open and unswerving rebellion against God. The demons don't even try and justify their evil deeds like us humans do. We have a self-righteousness about us that keeps us luke warm. They don't waist their time in trying to even produce a false righteousness let alone the real thing they remain fully committed to doing the wrong thing always. Their end goal is to deceive and cunningly devise tricky doctrines "the doctrines of demons" that self-righteous man will believe in and by doing this they have earned themselves a prize which is man's soul. Isn't it amazing how the devil and the demons have a goal and it all has to do with rebelling against God and the primary way they are rebelling seems to be to win as many of us humans to hell as possible. All the more reason to completely deny ourselves and trust Jesus for everything so these lies have no power over us.

2005/9/19 0:01Profile

Re: the souls of men is the prize of the devil

Yes AsliEren.

And all the more reason to have pity and compassion on the 'LOST'.
Because the enemy of their (and our) souls hates GOD and us all & wants to destroy 'God's' creation. Because he hates God, he hates us.

I was VERY lost and as Paul would say, "the chiefest of sinners", and most Christians probably wouldn't have come within a foot of me.

And wouldn't have thought I "could be" saved.

But Surprise ... I did ... the first time I ever heard the invitation in my life, over the TV.

You never know, huh ?

Those who Love God, Love His Creation and don't mind touching lepers.

Thank you for your insight.

Annie

2005/9/19 1:58
AsliEren

Dallas, Texas

Re:

Quote:
And all the more reason to have pity and compassion on the 'LOST'.

Your right, it comes down to hate. We need to know what this stuff is so we can expose it in love and declare the truth. These doctrines are demons and they hate us as much as they hate God. They desire to be like God and they desire us to want to be like God too. The lies and clever deceptions that sometimes seem so sincere and even loving are hateful and the end is hell. Not such a loving place to be! These demons and the devil and their doctrines are clever deceitful things. One astonishing thing to me is the horoscope. I am amazed at how often I am confronted with people who have been seduced by this evil demonic thing. They trust their very existence and daily life to it and in the next mutter say it's just for fun. What a seduction and you know the demons are dancing with joy that their "helpful advice" has captured another soul. This thing is in the church and even affects people very close to me who would even claim complete allegiance to Jesus.

Jer 17:5 Thus saith the LORD; Cursed [be] the man that trusteth in man, and maketh flesh his arm, and whose heart departeth from the LORD.

2005/9/19 4:41Profile
Nellie

They also come in as angels of light in the Church, for the Bible says that satan transforms himself into an angel of light.

I would, and do warn the Christian,who is growing in the Lord, and any Christian, to beware of them.
It isn't too hard to spot the devils crowd, but when they come in looking and supposedly acting just like you and me, then this is something God has to show us, through His Spirit, and He delights in keeping His Children. He will show us, even if we have already thought they were ok.

Jesus said,in John 10:10
The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destry,I am come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly.

Satan isn't afraid of a luke warm Christian, who God says He will spew out of His mouth, but a Spirit filled Christian. He hates us.
I hate him, too.

Lord, help us all to remember, that the Battle is Yours, the Victory is ours, and Victory is sweet.
Also, don't let us forget the band of Angels
encamped around us, and our Captain is Jesus, He is the Master of the Sea. In Jesus Name.

Nellie

2005/9/19 9:45Profile
Nellie

Good Post, AsliEven.
God Bless
Nellie :-)

2005/9/19 9:48Profile

Enjoying this exposition very much.

Here is a favourite scripture of mine on the topic.

Genesis 14
16 And he [[u]Abram[/u]] brought back all the goods, and also brought again his brother Lot, and his goods, and the women also, and the people.
17 And the [u]king of Sodom[/u] went out to meet him after his return from the slaughter of Chedorlaomer, and of the kings that were with him, at the valley of Shaveh, which is the king's dale.
18 And [u]Melchizedek king of Salem[/u] brought forth bread and wine: and he was the priest of the most high God.
19 And he blessed him, and said, Blessed be Abram of the most high God, possessor of heaven and earth: and blessed be the most high God, which hath delivered thine enemies into thy hand. And he gave him tithes of all.
21 [b]And the king of Sodom said unto Abram, Give me the souls [persons] and take the goods to thyself.[/b]
22 And Abram said to the king of Sodom, I have lift up mine hand unto the LORD, the most high God, the possessor of heaven and earth, that I will not take from a thread even to a shoelatchet, and
23 That I will not take any thing that is thine, [u]lest thou shouldest say, I have made Abram rich[/u]:

There is always a trade off between money/things and souls. Souls themselves, make the choice - will I be rich on earth, or in heaven?

2005/9/19 11:10

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy