SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : SermonIndex Announcements : TRIP: Road trip to Toronto, Canada

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 )
PosterThread
Yodi

Escondido, California

Re:

Ah, just found out why I wasn't getting any replies to my text messages to Greg. He said he just got my text messages now because he was out in the woods and didn't get any reception. He's planning on "driving hard" up to Toronto, trying to make it there by late tonight, around 11:00 pm. He would like prayer that everything would run smoothly as he crosses the border into Canada.

I am praying [b]Hulsey[/b], and I'll be praying for you and your wife [b]RobertW[/b].

2005/9/29 14:20Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re: Robert and Greg

Did get to hear from both Greg and Jeremy yesterday and the sound of Gregs voice just was exhuberant, at one point wasn't sure who I was talking to when they were trading off between themselves, for a moment thought it was somebody else in the room .. "who is this?" It was Greg, he just sounded so full of joy...

Robert apparently blessed him real good as well from all the kind things he had to say.

Quote:
My wife is going in in the morning for a PET scan after receiving results for her CT scan. The Dr.s are quite concerned. They are testing for cancer. God is still in control! I would greatly appreciate any prayers for her at this time.

Robert, know that I will be praying for your wife and your family, fellow SI'ers please, [b]pray[/b].

2005/9/29 16:13Profile
RobertW

St. Joseph, Missouri

Re:

Quote:
Robert, know that I will be praying for your wife and your family, fellow SI'ers please, pray.

Thanks Bro. Mike and Yodi and all here at SI for their prayers. We are simply trusting God during this time. I have a deep peace about everything.

The wife went in for a PET scan at the KC Cancer Center this morning and we will not get the results back until next week.

Under the circumstances it looks like we may also not make the trip to Mount Vernon; however if we cannot be in MT Vernon- we will try to make the trip to Versailles- which is much closer to our home.

Bro. Jeremy mentioned how tall bro Greg is. If you are ever looking for him he will be the tallest man in the building. :-P He is a wonderful brother that all would enjoy spending time with. I thank God for him and his burden for revival. Truly we had a wonderful time here in KC along with some other brothers and sisters in the Lord and will cherish those times forever.

God is so good! What a wonderful God we serve. I wish I could meet everyone on the site at some point. Maybe God will ordain it.

God Bless,

-Robert

2005/9/29 17:09Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

I got back safe and sound! praise God and thank you everyone for the prayers. I have some great testimonies, pictures and stories to tell. Blessed be God. Stay tuned tommorow God willing for a few additions.

2005/9/30 0:51Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

[img]https://www.sermonindex.net/images/001_trip.jpg[/img]
[b]Rainbow[/b]
I just had to stop to take this picture, what beautiful scenery in all the states. I started my journey in southern calfornia then through arizona, new mexico (where this picture was taken), then Texas, Oklahoma, Missouri (where I stayed a week to fellowship), then onto Illinois, Michigan and then to Canada. God's hand was upon me the whole trip and I had much time to pray, think and listen to the audibook of "david brainerds journal's" 10 disc set thanks to www.christianaudio.com (I was able to meet those brother and fellowship).

[img]https://www.sermonindex.net/images/002_trip.jpg[/img]
[b]Charles F. Curry Library[/b]
When in missouri I was able to spend some time with (robertw) Robert Wurtz, what great times of fellowship we had. in this library they had the entire library of Charles Spurgeon that was shipped and its under lock and key. It's one of those rare things that not many people know about exists. So we got into the library without supervision, I couldn't believe it when I had the key in my hand, I felt like I was a kid in a chocalate factory. Robert has a funny picture of my shock and amazement of seeing the library that maybe I can get up later. :-)

[img]https://www.sermonindex.net/images/003_trip.jpg[/img]
[b]Brother Robert[/b]
Here is a picture of Brother Robert Wurtz in the spurgeon library. As you can see there are rows of bookshelves that are locked up. Some of the books are so old and rare, alot of puritan materials that I am sure are very rare and quite possibly some of the last copies in existence. Spurgeon loved puritans and other old classical christian writings. Me and brother Robert has a great time of prayer, God's presence was very real as we had in our minds the lofty thoughts of the devotion of a man like charles spurgeon and the cloud of witnesses in the books. Truly it was a memorable experience not to be forgotten.

[img]https://www.sermonindex.net/images/004_trip.jpg[/img]
[b]Bible[/b]
Could this be spurgeon's bible? There was a section of the library that they made into a replica of spurgeon's library even with the 6 tiered gas lamp. And they had about 300-500 books that were available to be used and read, most of them very very old and precious. I noticed this one book which was a bible and the kjv was so old that its more achaic then the modern kjv bibles. There was hand writing in it and I was hoping that it was spurgeon's. Obviously it was not his main bible but it would have been neat if he used it to write notes in. I read some verses outloud from that archaic version, what reverence for the Word of God as we read "draw nigh unto God". And with that we did in prayer praying for personal revival and even revival on that campus.

[img]https://www.sermonindex.net/images/005_trip.jpg[/img]
[b]Brother Jeremy[/b]
Another great part of the trip was to visit another part of missiouri and meet jeremy hulsey one of the SermonIndex moderators. We had alot of good time to fellowship and stayed at the house of Alan Martin. The Martin's family were very hospitable and I was very much renewed and spiritually encoruaged by the testimony of their godly family. One day we drove into springfield and I was able to get a few used books, notably the "works of John Fletch vol 1 and 2" 1866 copies for $30 each. I have been reading them since and have been delving deep into his meditations and thoughts. Overall the trip was a very good trip with much fellowship in missouri, I would love to go back to missouri again once to fellowship with all the dear borthers and sisters.

2005/10/1 20:21Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Journeys

Wow Greg...

This is truly wonderful! Yes, you must get that picture up, it would be the icing on the cake!
To see Jeremy is a treat, a face to put with the voice and the words...

All this description and pictures, Spurgeons library... Praise God Greg, thanks for sharing all this, what a blessing and a joy, even in the bittersweet of this particular moment...

2005/10/1 22:18Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy