SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : General Topics : Am I being too hard on myself or am I being conviced???

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
Yodi

Escondido, California

Re: Am I being too hard on myself or am I being conviced???

Well... I thought I had an answer to this question, but then after reading everyone's response, I decided I didn't. First off, I've never been married, and secondly, I lack exprience to be understanding to this particular situation. I just wanted to say that... I've been encouraged by the things that have been discussed on here. [laughs] I think I've been reminded that these discussion forums aren't just for the purpose of expressing my own opinion and thoughts, but at times just taking in what others have to say and learning from the older, wiser, more experienced Christians.

Chanin was mentioned as a godly woman who would be a good person to ask for advice concerning this situation. I agree. And I want to take a moment to encourage all you men and women who are God-fearing and have quite a lot of good advice and are just simply good, godly examples, to keep posting things God lays on your heart for young people like me who are still searching, still learning and still discovering what God has in store for us and what exactly He's patiently preparing us for.

I forgot who it was, but thanks for the reference to Keith Daniel's sermons. I've only listened to one of them "The Word of God" and I will probably check out the one you just suggested.

2005/9/16 12:13Profile
kan8994

Re: I'm free!!!

I just wanted to thank all of you for your advise and support. I have taken this issue to the Lord and I feel completly free from it. I feel like the Lord was saying to me that He is not a hard task master (unlike my hubby) and if He has something He wants me to do He will tell me. He has assured me that I have an open heart towards Him and like Gery suggested I have to get to know His voice better. The best weapon of the enemy is to tell a saint what a rotten sinner they are! I know what a rotten sinner I am, but I also know that I have am washed whiter than snow by His blood. If the Lord has to correct my behavior He always does so in a firm but loving way.

All I've ever known are performanced-based relatoinships, where I've had to earn the approval or love of someone. The Lord has been showing me that He is altogether differnt in everyway. His love is unconditional...GLORY!

I especially wanted to thank Annie! Your words felt like a great big warm hug! I needed a hug. :-)

2005/9/16 19:04Profile

Re:

Dear kan8994,

You are [b]MOST[/b] deserving of a "Hug" and the main thing to take with you always, is that "HIS" HUG has always been there for you and always shall be, until Glory and then we'll REALLY feel it :-D.

Stay in touch with all of us please.

I know we all will stay in prayer for you but still, we could worry from time to time (being humans), so keep posting, when you can... okey dokey ?

LOTS of Love to you from Him and all of us here. :-)

Annie

2005/9/16 19:16
Yodi

Escondido, California

Re:

I'm so glad that you've been set free. What a wonderful feeling, eh?

Again, I haven't been married, but I know how you feel concerning the performance-based relationships. For me it started when I was 12, I think, when I got kicked out of my house. I got saved shortly after, but my parents thought I was faking the change. I knew it only mattered what God thought, but I wanted to make my parents happy too. I wanted their approval. That carried into my relationships with guys. And still, to this day, it's hard to be satisfied and content with just the approval of God. But how freeing it is when we don't put human characteristics on God! How He loves us so tenderly, compassionately, graciously and with longsuffering. How I've been encouraged today to allow God to love me. What a freeing concept that was! Instead of longing for love to be reciprocated from another human being, to surrender myself to the uncondtional love of God. How God's truth sets us free!

2005/9/16 19:18Profile

Re:

That was beautiful Yodi.

Sometimes I think, from reading about the people in the O.T., that our lives are sort of ordered somewhat 'from God', if you know what I'm saying.

I've wondered 'why' I had to go from one abusive home to another 5 (7) times .... but in seeing you and others who have been through 'rough ones', all I see is that it builds compassion, if we let it.

Bitter or Better they say.

Thank you for sharing that Yodi.
Twas a blessing indeed.

Annie

2005/9/16 22:39

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy