SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : I am not special.

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 )
PosterThread
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re: Special not so special

I guess this is what originally struck me...

What comes to mind [i]usually[/i] when you hear this word used in everyday conversation?

Is it this equation?;
Special= [i]better[/i]
More precisely ~ [i]better than[/i]?

If it's used to describe each other have we then setup a caste type system? A 'ranking' of sorts?
And doesn't this then go against what we know from the Lord?

For those who have been brought out of the darkness we are surely [i]better [u]off[/u][/i], but certainly not [i]better than[/i].

Re-reading the original post here it appears that is where he was going with all this.

Think this is important in how we view each other and view those who are without the Spirit of the living God. If we see the whole of God's reconciling the world unto Himself as a we\them mindset isn't this the root problem of the Pharisees? The equivalent of legalism and a multitude of wrong motives for reaching the lost?

Quote:
In Christ you are:
A Son of God
A Friend and Disciple of Jesus Christ
One with Christ in spirit
Bought with a price
A member of Christ's Body
Chosen and adopted by God
Redeemed and Forgiven
a Citizen of Heaven
God's Temple
God's Workmanship
Salt and Light
Holy

All true absolutely. And just as it was mentioned, [i]"esteem others as 'better' than ourselves",[/i]

See now that in the midst of writing this out that a better response had come in from David and I see where he is going with all this...

Perhaps the preferred word is "Blessed"

Mat 5:3 Blessed are the poor in spirit: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
Mat 5:4 Blessed are they that mourn: for they shall be comforted.
Mat 5:5 Blessed are the meek: for they shall inherit the earth.
Mat 5:6 Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled.
Mat 5:7 Blessed are the merciful: for they shall obtain mercy.
Mat 5:8 Blessed are the pure in heart: for they shall see God.
Mat 5:9 Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God.
Mat 5:10 Blessed are they which are persecuted for righteousness' sake: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
Mat 5:11 Blessed are ye, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake.
Mat 5:12 Rejoice, and be exceeding glad: for great is your reward in heaven: for so persecuted they the prophets which were before you.

2005/9/18 10:05Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy