SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : General Topics : Preacher Vrs Prophet

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 )
PosterThread

Re:

Blake, to answer your second question. Jimmy had the answer.

Also, I take it you don't know my testimony (i believe i posted it somewhere). Cause you would've understood my statement. Thanks for asking, i can see how it can get confusing.

I grew up baptist. Alot of people that were in church were pretty much 'on both sides' (World and Christ). And then i saw a kid after God's own heart. (...i..e. TRUE CHILD OF GOD), he (his name is Jeremy) was just after Jesus and still is. And i saw God work through him the gift of prophesy. I never knew what prophesy really was, like i didn't say 'wow, he is prophetic'. I instead said 'Wow, this kid is ONE with God, he says the PERFECT words, and it brings power and conviction and even comfort all rolled into one. Wow, what a GOD thing that man CANNOT immate'.

As it says "24 But if all prophesy, and an unbeliever or[b] an ungifted man[/b] enters, he is convicted by all, he is called to account by all;

25 the secrets of his heart are disclosed; and so he will fall on his face and worship God, declaring that God is certainly among you.
1 Cor. 14:24-25

For i was saved, but i was an ungifted man. I believe that speaks MILES in my situation and anyone who says 'they(gifts/1 Cor.12-14) have ceased'.

2005/9/16 23:12
Warrior4Jah

The Netherlands

Re:

About the prophet thing.. (forgive me if this has already brought up, I have little time atm to read through the posts)

Isiahah 20:1-6

God told Isiahah to walk around unclothed and without shoes for three years!
Isiahah obayed and did this..
I was like.. wow! Where would you find people these days that want to become a prophet doing these things?

Its not like Isiahah thought, I want to walk around unclothed and without shoes..

Also doesn't God chose someone to be a prophet? I haven't really noticed people who decided to become one some day.

I don't know much about nowadays prophets, but I do know that there are heaps of false ones around. Perhaps the majority of nowadays prophets live a life of abundance never going through any hardship..

Just a quick thought that crossed my mind.

2005/9/17 6:19Profile

Re:

Haha, Jah. Your post made me laugh (for different reasons, cause it brought something up).

I know about 3 prophets, personally I know them. Each one I talk to from time to time. I have each of there numbers. And in the past, they have pretty much all said 'I didn't really wanna be a prophet, I'd rather be something else, cause sometimes it's very hard to say what God told you to say'.

Other believers, I spoke with them about this, and they say 'Wow, NEVER, no no no, i DONT wanna be a prophet, too hard, too much on your shoulders.' Now, im not saying the prophet is the 'hardest' function (hehe, thanks to ron, ill be saying function instead of office from now on) but it can be extremly difficult at times.

Do you think Isaiah wrestled with himself? Don't you think some nights he would not sleep because of the things he heard/saw?

Just my 2 cents on personal experience.

2005/9/17 23:57
Warrior4Jah

The Netherlands

Re:

Haha well.. :)
Its just.. being the voice of the Lord seems very 'cool'.. but in reality it must be very hard.
I can very much imagine that Isiahah must have had trouble with somethings like you said..

Must be fantastic to have the Word of the Lord coming to you! Well then we have Jonah.. who then arose to flee to Tarshish..
I'm personally glad that this story about Jonah is in the Bible.. :-)

Then I remember some sermons here.. preachers crying because they found it so hard to preach about a given subject..

2005/9/18 10:04Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy