Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : List of Who is Born Again

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
baruch_48

Re:

Quote:
If God unhardened Ozzy's heart, sobered him and turned him into a trophy of Grace?

!!!

Can you see the Oz giving a gospel testimony!!

Boy oh boy, that would be the icing on the cake testimony that we are TRULY in the last LAST days!!!

Glory!!!

Come Lord Jesus.

Just saw this thread ...... this would be hilarious !

and I can picture it .... Mr O would give an endearing testimony I'm sure

sometimes i wonder if we'll see Pontius Pilate in the Kingdom ...... having stood face to face with the Man ..... perhaps he mused and mused and mused years later on that question - " What is Truth"

and found it

2005/9/28 9:03Profile

Re:

Quote:
Mr O would give an endearing testimony I'm sure

...yea, but I doubt anyone would be able to understand what he's saying!

Seriously tho, I was watching the first Monday night football game this season, and Ozzy was live at the game singing Crazy Train as the Patriots ran out onto the field. What a joke Ozzy has become.... I told my kids as we watched that "If for no other reason, stay away from drugs so you dont end up like that man right there!"

But as long as he is still drawing breath God can pour His grace all over Ozzy and restore his life... but not until he humbles himself.

Krispy

2005/9/28 9:59
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re: Praying for Ozzy

Would you believe not 2 seconds ago I had walked away from here and this exact thread, these exact words came to mind ... Think it came about from the TV that was left on by my stepson (asleep on the couch) and a glance at it saw some young lady with a resemblance to Ozzy's daughter, Kelly.

I let out one of those prayers of "Oh, Lord.." For him again and his family and then came back here and ... It wasn't even up on the main board when I had left.

There is a special affinity for this man, often misunderstood ... I grew up and had the desire to be a musician as much as a "rock star", the ideal being more of the former but both nonetheless. Was very much attached and the young guitar player with incredible skill that he first brought on when he went solo, Randy Rhoads, was my 'idol'. He was later killed in a stupid plane crash, one in which a hairdresser and another forget now had gone up in a small plane when the pilot got the bright idea to come down and buzz the bus where the rest of the members were sleeping. They got to close and the wing clipped it sending the plane crashing into a ball of fire.

Though I don't listen to much music of any sort these days for no real particular reason, well not exactly, after so many years of a constant non-stop feeding... there is something of the manipulation that goes on spiritually that... it's a whole other subject.

All this to say that often times it is only the surface level, the theatrics, the assumptions that get latched on to. Surely a lot of it is brought on by whatever actions are acted out but a whole lot is just passed over in the wake. Recall finding the strange oddity that so much was leveled when a song called "Suicide Solution" was attributed to a kids death when he was obviously more disturbed than that which a song could push him over the edge. The whole point of it was lost on those what the song was really about, that of the dangers of alcohol.

Actually, here is a really fair treatment of the man; [url=http://www.veinotte.com/ozzy/madness.htm]http://www.veinotte.com/ozzy/madness.htm[/url]

The same 'satanic mad man' gave the words "Learn how to love and forget how to hate".

This may seem a bit strange to be talking of here in the realm of such spiritual things, but is it?
Misconceptions, judging, assumptions, overlooking certain aspects to jump on the glaring inconsistency's. Don't we often find ourselves doing much of the same things with one another?

Something that has been brought out by listening to [url=http://www.howtolivevictorious.com/] Ernest O'Neill [/url] of late, is in a very good observation of what could be said of the unconverted, that when 'they' do good (and let us recall how close we are still related to 'them') it is a reflection of the creation of God's original intent, a part of the conscience that is inherent though now stained with sin. Bound to get way off track here and maybe what I am attempting to say is...

Even before I was apprehended by God I always had gravitated towards the heart of the man, being so closely affiliated with this particular brand of music and all the associated outcroppings associated with it. Meaning the drugs and sex, all that. But it's not a stretch in the least to say that he has a 'good' heart (in the right sense of the word, we know what the issues are there of) and through all the entanglements, the same that I was once caught up in and got delivered from, there is a cry after that which only God can bring forth reconciliation, to Himself.

This haunting melody still comes back even now, but see if you can't hear it in these words;

[b]Diary of a madman[/b]

Screaming at the window
Watch me die another day
Hopeless situation endless price I have to pay

Sanity now it's beyond me there's no choice

Diary of a madman
Walk the line again today
Entries of confusion
Dear diary I'm here to stay

Manic depression befriends me
Hear his voice
Sanity now it's beyond me
There's no choice

A sickened mind and spirit
The mirror tells me lies
Could I mistake myself for someone
Who lives behind my eyes
Will he escape my soul
Or will he live in me
Is he tryin' to get out or tryin' to enter me

Voices in the darkness
Scream away my mental health
Can I ask a question
To help me save me from myself

Enemies fill up the pages
Are they me
Monday till Sunday in stages
Set me free

[i]Ozzy Osbourne[/i]

Read a rather disturbing article in that excellent magazine "The Remnant" that has been mentioned here on occasion and the troubling aspect was that it was from someone familiar with the music business yet with all the good intentions he might have had, there was still this penchant towards the superficial and taking quotes from other articles to buttress his point of the "Evils of Rock and Roll". The bothersome was that in a lot of it the writer frankly didn't know what he was talking about, more so that being slightly dishonest wasn't as much of a concern as was buttressing his particular point. It happens often in our circles and strange that we are gullible enough to think that "they" don't recognize the hypocrisy of it. More strange that it seemingly doesn't bother the one who's life is always in the close examining room of the Light.

If there is any summary at all it's the same one I keep finding more and more, we just don't have all the facts, we don't know as much as we think we do, we have a strong tendency to jump to conclusions and for good reason we ought to be humble and reflective, once again realizing the distance between us and 'them' is very short. The perception that we are 'better than' rather than ridiculously grateful for being saved from ourselves giving us pause to recall where we came from and compelling more than condemning.

2005/9/28 10:49Profile
baruch_48

Re: mr O

from Krispy:

Quote:
...yea, but I doubt anyone would be able to understand what he's saying!

Seriously tho, I was watching the first Monday night football game this season, and Ozzy
was live at the game singing Crazy Train as the Patriots ran out onto the field.
What a joke Ozzy has become.... I told my kids as we watched that "If for no other
reason, stay away from drugs so you dont end up like that man right there!"

I'm with you here, Krisp .... he'd be hard to understand ... nuttin a "renewed mind" couldn't alter, though :)

Though he has really 'fallen apart', as you say .... I feel a lot of compassion for him, in that regard. He doesn't seem like a typical "proud jerk" to me .. compared to most in the public eye. He seems like a big baby, and I think he has said that his wife pretty much takes care of him, as such ... wouldn't survive without her.

Mike/Crsschk
Quote:
Even before I was apprehended by God I always had gravitated towards the heart of the man, being so closely affiliated with this particular brand of music and all the associated outcroppings associated with it. Meaning the drugs
and sex, all that. [b]But it's not a stretch in the least to say that he has a 'good' heart (in the right sense of the word, we know what the issues are there of)[/b] and through all the entanglements, the same that I was once caught up in and got delivered from, there is a cry after that which only God can bring forth reconciliation, to Himself.

I'm with you there, Mike .... Mr O was sort of a 'looming presence' over my young adolescence, ( through my older sister's influence ) .... Can't say I ever totally got into his output ... those words to Diary of a Madman, which I remember that song title well ..... are quite hard to read, if you take them seriously as a 'cry' of the man's soul

I wouldn't be surprised if he came to Christ, honestly.

This'll sound off-the-wall, but I've known a sister in Christ, who in her adolescence felt a tremendous leading of the Lord to pray for Mel Gibson ( when he was in his messed up Hollywood partying days ). She admits, that she 'lusted after' him, then ... but all of a sudden once, she was utterly just "burdened" for him, prayer-wise.

I think it had to be connected with his recent movie, years later, though I know that'd sound off-the-wall to many. I know some are "against" the movie Mel made, and I initially was skeptical that it ever would turn out to be a good production ( when it was in filming ) .. but one can only be an ostrich to deny that the Lord used Mel in this ( whether he's saved or not ).

Baruch

2005/10/4 7:52Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy