SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Ecumenical....advice

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
PosterThread

Re:

The COC teaches that you are saved by grace AND baptism. Not sure how you dont see that. I've known several COC people, and I'm telling you, thats what they believe. I'm not the only person who calls that a false doctrine of salvation...

But in this day of apostacy, when doctrine doesnt matter to most folks because it's too divisive, I can certainly understand why many people do not understand this.

We have more versions of the Bible out there on the market, all supposedly designed to make the Word of God more understandable (which removes any dependence on the Holy Spirit to teach us)... yet Bible illiteracy is at an all time high. Thats strange to me.

Krispy

2005/9/7 13:34
dohzman

Answering from experience

D. L. Moody had 4 basic tenets of faith he used for fellowship. Anything outside of thoughs he refused to entertain in his ministery as well as fellowship. We took that same principle and applied it to a para-street/neighborhood out reach that utilized several different churches and the volunteers that came from them. Does that make sense to ya? I believe that when everything is upfront and out in the open as to your doctrinal statement then you won't have much trouble( note I said much) :-) :-) . Let me know if you need Moody's list.

2005/9/7 14:23Profile

Re: Answering from experience

Yea, sure sounds good. (For list)

2005/9/7 23:04
dohzman

Re:

This is from memory , I'll have to re-check , but here goes

1) The virgin Birth of Jesus. His Messiahship and all the ramifications that it entailed. Things like His being God ect...
2)Christ's death and resurrection. The whole of His work in the plan of salvation, redemption and anotement for our sins
3)Our need for salvation and the method of such . He used the Roman road to salvation (if my memory serves me right).

There was a forth point but I'll have to go through my library and find the autobigraphy on Moody and his works and :-) dust it off "sigh" and find it again. I'll try to have it for you with all the book references and title, pages ect...as soon as possible. I'll post it here in this thread so you can easily reference it. God Bless Bro Daryl

2005/9/9 7:56Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy