SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Was it Wrath?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
PosterThread

Was it Wrath?

Here's my take:

New Orleans drowned itself in it's sin and flooded it's streets with it's wickedness decades ago. God has now physically revealed the spiritual destruction that it reaped upon itself long ago. The destruction of that single city was an act of God's mercy towards America as a whole. In order to save the body, you must at times amputate the diseased member.

You can only openly flaunt your transgressions and tempt a Holy God in Heaven so long. Within days before the storm hit, New Orleans was going to be flooded with up to 100,000 homosexuals celebrating sodomy by publicly committing sexuals acts in public at the "Southern Decedance" festival. As Spurgeon once said, homosexuality once brought hell down from heaven. Although the homosexual community teaches and preaches tolerance, God does not buy into their teaching.

2005/9/1 21:44
Christisking

Los Angeles, California

Re: Was it Wrath?

When you have a city, a country, a nation and more importantly a Church that is flooded with every kind of sin imaginable, I think there can be little doubt about the wrath of God when something like this happens.

2005/9/1 22:19Profile

Re:

Let's not forget that this was a city that had it's streets flooded a hundred times deeper with gospel tracts then it was with water. It had rejected the gospel for decades.

2005/9/1 22:55

Jesse

why not head to the astrodome and preach the Love of Christ?....believe me , they've all ready felt the Chastisement of God.

This would be much different than preaching outside of bars, these people have been BROKEN, show them how Jesus can put them back together.

Neil

2005/9/1 23:15

Re:

Really, i didnt know it was flooded with the Gospel.

2005/9/1 23:15

Re:

I am told that they may bring some of the people to Dallas. If they do, I'll be sure to go with some other Christians and preach salvation from the judgment of God.

2005/9/1 23:17
ccchhhrrriiisss

Re: Was it Wrath?

Hi Lazarus1719...!

I'm not that certain that this was a storm resulting from [i]God's wrath[/i]. Yes, it is true that God has sometimes poured out his wrath upon a place. But usually, God's wrath was performed by much more [u]supernatural[/u] means. Even the earthquakes, famines and pestilence as recorded under the Old Covenant were carried out in a much more supernatural way.

It is also quite interesting to note that God would have spared Sodom and Gommorah if ten righteous men had been found (Genesis 18:16-33). It is true that New Orleans is a city that is often filled with unrighteousness. But surely there were at least ten men who truly sought the Lord there -- along with the rest of southern Louisiana, Mississippi and Alabama. To scrutinize such a catastrophe as an act of God might be placing the blame on the wrong person. Remember, it was Satan who struck Job (and his family and belongings).

It is possible that God allowed such a catastrophe to happen for a reason (perhaps to draw men closer to himself). But to [i]blame God[/i] for such a disaster might be stretching it -- especially if we are not certain of this. God may not rejoice in being blamed for something that he did not do.

In another [i]Hurricane Katrina[/i] thread, someone mentioned what Jesus spoke in Luke 13:1-8. In it, Jesus seems to indicate that human judgment is often flawed when labeling a tragedy as an "act of wrath" upon unrighteousness.

Quote:
There were present at that season some that told him of the Galilaeans, whose blood Pilate had mingled with their sacrifices. And Jesus answering said unto them, Suppose ye that these Galilaeans were sinners above all the Galilaeans, because they suffered such things? I tell you, Nay: but, except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish. Or those eighteen, upon whom the tower in Siloam fell, and slew them, think ye that they were sinners above all men that dwelt in Jerusalem? I tell you, Nay: but, except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish.

:-)

2005/9/1 23:20Profile

Re:

they've FELT the Judgement of the Lord, preach the Love and the Comfort of Christ with softness and a soft voice, with tears and hugs and smiles and the Face of Jesus.

It's graduation time Jesse.

If you need busfare for Houston, you can PM me. It's Houston son, they are AT the Astrodome, broken and scared.

It's Houston, and it's graduation time, I'm not talking out of my flesh.

God is love, he who lives in love lives in God and God in him.

2005/9/1 23:22

Re:

Neil,

I agree. All I ever preach is love. God so loved the world that he died so we don't have to perish in sin, and perish in hell. We must preach true Salvation, deliverance from sin and from it's consequences, out of love. With both tears in our eyes and tears in our voice. We must preach Christ and Him crucified to save sinners. Amen!

ps. I would not equate New Orleans to Job. And God would have spared Sodom and Gommorah for 10 righteous, at Abrahams request, but neither Sodom, Gommorah, nor New Orleans have been spared.

How worse could New Orleans have gotten? If God wouldn't pour His wrath out on that city, what city would he pour His wrath upon?

2005/9/1 23:26

Re:

yes...He's poured out His wrath, now it's time to bind up the wounds. They will be receptive and quickened.

Houston.

2005/9/1 23:30

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy