SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : www.fireonthealtar.com webmaster/bride safe...

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
dougkristen

www.fireonthealtar.com webmaster/bride safe...

Webmaster and bride from www.fireonthealtar.com / www.united4truth.com safe. Keep him in your prayers.

here is an email I received from him today.

In Christ,
Doug

Hey Bro

We ended up missing the brunt of Katrina by being about 15 - 20 miles west of the 100+ mph winds. We are back up, but there is extreme need all around us. The city has at least doubled it's population over the last few days. Shelters are loaded over capacity. Some of the shelters are without electricity which leaves people inside in 100 + degree heat. There are not enough blankets/cots to go around. Many families have been seperated. Thank you for your continued prayers.

Chris
----- Original Message -----
To: [email protected]
Sent: Thursday, September 01, 2005 5:29 AM
Subject: are you ok?, hurricane?

Chris,

How did you and your bride fair the hurricane?

We are praying for you.

In Christ,

Doug Renz

2005/9/1 11:55Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re: www.fireonthealtar.com webmaster/bride safe...

I just got an email from this brother recommending an good Christ-centered ministry to send funds to:

I know we have not contacted each other in a while as we are both busy in our own callings.

Man it's crazy down here. These people are torn up, families seperated, tons of medical needs. Lots of anger, gangs etc...
There is a ministry called Victim Relief. They are a nondenominational group that is really helping out in a major way. They need more help and funds.... If it's possible can you inform people at SI about

[b] http://www.victimrelief.org [/b]

From all the organizations I have seen so far down here this looks like the most Christ centered one. They meet both the physical and spiritual needs of the people. We opened up our home to one of the chaplans. I spoke with the founder and it's an awesome story how God called him to start this ministry. Bless you bro!

2005/9/1 12:22Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Mixed sentiments

So good to hear of Chris's situation and yet the difficulties abounding in the aftermath.

Loved the straightforwardness of this ministry and the model they are using, and with Chris's recommendation this looks to be a great ministry to add support to.

*For those who do not know, Chris was the author behind "The Revival Hymn" and has some great stuff over at his sites.

2005/9/1 17:12Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy