SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : About the violence in New Orleans...

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread

About the violence in New Orleans...

I know my voice wont make much difference... but for the sake of our friends from other countries that visit this site... you're seeing all the looting and criminal activity in New Orleans. These people are an embarrassment to our country, and they represent the worst that humanity has to offer. The vast majority of Americans are appalled by what we're seeing.

If someone is stealing from a grocery store in order to feed their children, I'm ok with that. At this point that is a matter of survival. If I owned a grocery store down there, I would be fine with it. But stealing TV's and DVD players... wrong. Marshal Law has been declared down there, and as far as I am concerned, the orders to law enforcement should be shoot to kill... ask questions later.

People are shooting at helicopters and law enforcement... my goodness. Law enforcement should shoot to kill, and put an end to this evil.

I just wanted to voice that because it's rediculous. It's a shame. And I've seen some of the headlines from other countries... What they're not reporting is the massive aid efforts that are happening across the country.

And to those from countries that are sending relief... thank you!

Krispy

2005/9/1 10:24
MrBillPro

Texas

Re: About the violence in New Orleans...

Were is Jesse Jackson now we really need him. :-x

edit:
O I forgot the Reverend Jesse Jackson.
edit:
Let's not forget "Reverend Al Sharpton"!!

2005/9/1 10:29Profile
saved_matt

Lancashire, England

Re: About the violence in New Orleans...

firstly Krispy I'm from the U.K. and i can confirm what your saying were geting the looting story over and over again here, even people stealing the shelving that stock is on!!! I've only heard one person interviewed condemn it in the reports, so firstly for my american friends we on the other side of the 'pond' are getting alot about the looting and almost nothing about the aid going in.

If anyone else from over here has any different stories please feel free to correct me, i only watch the news maybe once a day.

second point:

Quote:
If someone is stealing from a grocery store in order to feed their children

I've often wondered about this kind of behaviour in a Biblical worldview, i recently read an excerpt from 'The Evil of Evils' by Jeremiah Burroughs where he exhorts that to sin is worse than anything else hence people being martyred and presumably even worse the death of a family member i was wondering if someone could offer their opinion on this.

matt

2005/9/1 10:51Profile

Re:

Quote:
I've often wondered about this kind of behaviour in a Biblical worldview, i recently read an excerpt from 'The Evil of Evils' by Jeremiah Burroughs where he exhorts that to sin is worse than anything else hence people being martyred and presumably even worse the death of a family member i was wondering if someone could offer their opinion on this.

Well... let me put it this way... if I was in that situation, and my children needed to be fed or their survival was in jeopardy... I would have no problem taking food. I read stories in the news where the police were helping people take FOOD.

TV's and things that ... shoot to kill.

Let me add tho... once things normalized... and I was back on my feet, I would find the store owner and pay him for what I took.

Krispy

2005/9/1 11:01
5nva

Re:

Proverbs 6:30-31

Men do not despise a thief if he steals to satisfy his hunger; But when he is found, he must repay sevenfold; He must give all the wealth of his house.

Mike

2005/9/1 11:52Profile
5nva

Re:

My family and I were watching some of the news coverage last night and a member of my family reacted with a negative response to some of the bad and sinful things happening.

I have learned to be slow to respond and made the comment to my family that we must remember that we do not know how we would be acting if we were in the same situation and did not know the Lord.

I am less quick to judge these people even though I know they are doing wrong. I think we can pray for them that God will draw many to Himself through this catastrophic event and those that come to Him will turn from their sin and repent of these things. The others will continue to do wickedness like it says in Revelation.

God bless,

Mike

2005/9/1 11:58Profile

Re:

Quote:
Proverbs 6:30-31 Men do not despise a thief if he steals to satisfy his hunger; But when he is found, he must repay sevenfold; He must give all the wealth of his house.

Oooo... Good scripture! Thanx!

Krispy

2005/9/1 12:05

Re:

Quote:
I am less quick to judge these people even though I know they are doing wrong. I think we can pray for them that God will draw many to Himself through this catastrophic event and those that come to Him will turn from their sin and repent of these things. The others will continue to do wickedness like it says in Revelation.

I disagree.. our governement has the responsibility to maintain order. It has become extremely dangerous for everyone. Because law enforcement has to focus on looters, people are dying because that have to go ignored.

It needs to be dealt with harshly.

Krispy

2005/9/1 12:07
5nva

Re:

Krispy:

I think you misunderstood what I am saying or I did not communicate it well enough.

I agree with you that the government should deal with the situation in what ever way they determine, harsh if necessary. I am saying as Christians we must in our hearts not become harsh and judgmental to the point we are bitter towards the people doing these things. I remember the days when I would be the same way.

I hope that clears things up a bit.

Blessings,

Mike

2005/9/1 12:13Profile
saved_matt

Lancashire, England

Re:

Quote:
Proverbs 6:30-31
Men do not despise a thief if he steals to satisfy his hunger; But when he is found, he must repay sevenfold; He must give all the wealth of his house.

well can't argue with that one can ye!!

thanx Mike

2005/9/1 12:14Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy