SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : SermonIndex Announcements : Community Rules

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re:

It's computer lingo for the little picture that you see next to our names.

2004/9/25 10:46Profile
jeremyhulsey

Re:

Quote:
What exactly is an AVATAR? I'm not too acquinted with computer lingo these days. Thank you.
jason

First of all, welcome to SI jason. :-) I hope you find this site to be a blessing.

An avatar is computer language for the little tiny pictures that appear by the user names in the forums. You can upload your own or you can choose one that Greg has provided while editing your profile.

In Christ,
Jeremy Hulsey

2004/9/25 10:48Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re: Community Rules Revisited

Copied this from another thread and wanted to draw attention to this aspect once again.

Quote:
Perhaps we could discuss this elsewhere? I have posted in the scripture and doctrine section.

Thanks for picking up on that Ron. At times there is a drift in topic headings as questions beget questions and branches of thought develop, which is fine to a point but often find us far removed from original intentions.

Here is the guidelines set forth once again:

[b]1. Ensure that your new topics are in the correct forum.[/b]
-If your new topic doesn't fit with the description of the forum you're in, do not post it there.
-Posting new topics in the correct forums helps keep the Community organized and helps to keep topics easier to find.
-Topics posted in the wrong forum (as determined by the Moderator Team) will be moved to the appropriate forum.

[b]2. Post guidelines:[/b]
-If you're replying to a post, stay on topic as much as possible.
-If you're posting a new topic, do not post something that has been discussed numerous times. Browse the forums first or use the Search function.
-Do not link images from other sites without their permission; instead, it's much more polite to give a link to them.
-Do not flame other users; this includes derogatory comments based on age, gender, race, ethnicity, religion, nationality, etc. You will be banned immediately for this offense.

A review from time to time is helpful in just some basic organizational aspects, especially for newer users. [url=http://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=7&forum=12&start=10&viewmode=flat&order=1]Community Rules[/url]

And of course there is always the [url=http://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewforum.php?forum=35&7286]Lounge[/url] for "[i]the things that don't really fit in the other sections of the forum.[/i] ;-)

2004/11/24 8:29Profile
Didier

Calais, France

Re: Community Rules

Thank you for posting these rules, it really helps, making things clear and precise. Besides I think it really honors the Lord to have respect for one another in this way.

2004/11/25 2:14Profile
CJaKfOrEsT

Melbourne, Australia

Re: Avatars

Quote:

sermonindex wrote:
[b]9. Avatars[/b]
-Avatars should not be more than 60 pixels by 60 pixels in dimension.
-If your avatar is animated, make sure it isn't annoying!
-Avatars are limited to 6kB in size.
-Offending avatars will be removed.

Sorry Greg, but this is the first time I've actually read the rules here. I've just operated on the "can you say it to your Grandma", and "treat others as you want to be treated" principle.

One question though (and yes it is a serious one), is my avatar annoying?

(**edit** I just noticed that it doesn't blink anymore. Is it annoying, or was it too big?)

2004/11/25 5:59Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
One question though (and yes it is a serious one), is my avatar annoying?

hee hee well .. now what you mention it... :-P ok to answer your questions, I have it setup so that people cannot upload an avatar beyond the allowed restriction and size. I personally don't like your avatar due to the animation and kinda what it represents or gives the appearance of. I have refrained from taking it down but if you want to replace it there is a great selection of avatars in the user account page.

2004/11/25 8:21Profile
jeremyhulsey

Re:

Just bumping this to the top again. I figure it's good that I do this about once a month and it's been a month since the last time :-) .

So here they are:

1. Ensure that your new topics are in the correct forum.
-If your new topic doesn't fit with the description of the forum you're in, do not post it there.
-Posting new topics in the correct forums helps keep the Community organized and helps to keep topics easier to find.
-Topics posted in the wrong forum (as determined by the Moderator Team) will be moved to the appropriate forum.

2. Post guidelines:
-If you're replying to a post, stay on topic as much as possible.
-If you're posting a new topic, do not post something that has been discussed numerous times. Browse the forums first or use the Search function.
-Do not link images from other sites without their permission; instead, it's much more polite to give a link to them.
-Do not flame other users; this includes derogatory comments based on age, gender, race, ethnicity, religion, nationality, etc. You will be banned immediately for this offense.

3. When linking to the Community, here or elsewhere, please use http://www.sermonindex.net

4. Advertising:
-Do not advertise your own site unless it's a personal site that you wish to share or you're trying to help someone find something they're looking for.
-"Spam" (advertising) Illegal/inappropriate content and flooding will be deleted.

5. Do not overuse:
-Emoticons (i.e., :#, :), or :8 )
-Line breaks or CAPITALS
-Nested quotes/code BBCode
-Giant or tiny font sizes or ugly, hard to read colors.

6. Language:
-Do not swear.
-Do your best to use proper, easy to understand English. Not everyone's primary language is English, so we must try to make it easy for those who know English as a secondary language.
-Avoid slang, including "phat," "LOL" or "BRB," "i c u," and so on. Slang shouldn't be a part of the Christian's vocabulary; the Bible's written in a very majestic language, but so many nowadays degrade themselves to "Yo, 'sup?" or "homie."

7. Do not harass users on the Community, through Private Messages, or e-mail You can be banned for this.

8. Signatures
-Signatures should be kept brief, easy to read, and unobtrusive.
-You're allowed to post images in your signature, but keep them reasonably small so as to not disrupt the natural flow of text in topics.
-If you post an animated image in your signature, make sure it's not annoying!

9. Avatars
-Avatars should not be more than 60 pixels by 60 pixels in dimension.
-If your avatar is animated, make sure it isn't annoying!
-Avatars are limited to 6kB in size.
-Offending avatars will be removed.

10. Arguing with the Moderator Team over the enforcement of these rules will get you no where.
-If you're told to change the way you're behaving here, you must comply or leave.
-Repeat offenders will be banned

11. If you have any problems, contact an Administrator or make a post in an appropriate forum asking for help. Someone surely will be glad to help you.

2005/3/27 21:28Profile

Re: Banning

I was wondering how many people have been banned from SermonIndex since it's inception?

Karl

2005/3/27 23:01
jeremyhulsey

Re:

Quote:
I was wondering how many people have been banned from SermonIndex since it's inception?

I don't even know myself, but it's very low.

I know it's something that we hate to do and it's only a last resort.

2005/3/27 23:09Profile

Re: Community Rules

ok just found the rules .... hehehehe i think ive been using to many smilie faces ... i will try to remember them :-)

2005/5/10 7:57

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy