SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Alberto Rivera

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Eli_Barnabas

Cache Valley, Utah

Alberto Rivera

I just read this. Please read it and tell what you think.

[url=http://www.chick.com/reading/comics/0112/0112_allinone.asp]Alberto Rivera[/url]

2005/8/29 14:00Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re: Alberto Rivera

Eli,

I do not know whether the details are true as reported in this comic. However, I can tell of two incidents that could validate some of the allegations in the booklet.

No. 1: In the 1950's a Mennonite evangelist 'died' in a Central American country. He was found with a young female and it 'appeared' to have been a murder/suicide. However, it was also believed this was the work of the Catholic church and the reports of his involvement with a young girl were fictitious. AND that it was not a murder/suicide but a murder by a catholic hit man.

Incident No. 2: My now 95 YO uncle one time visited an orphanage in which he noted how so many of the children shared similar physical characteristics. The attending priest boasted that these are his children, the nuns being the mothers!

Eli, I cannot verify these stories that I have heard since childhood although I do have the no. 2 on tape. The no.1 story is well known among the elderly among the Mennonite people. And it is controversial!

Some people, obviously, do not put much credibility to Chick publications. I do not know the answer to this question. I just reported what I do know.

Hope you find the answer to your question...

ginnyrose

2005/8/29 15:46Profile

Re:

Just my 2 cents here.

People get scared to comment to issues like this, and sometimes with good reason.

But I remember back when Chick first published Rivera's booklets.

We took them with a grain of salt, (is that the right cliche ? I'm very bad with cliches, btw)
because everything Rivera said, we had already read about in the History of the Jesuits, and other books written by X-Priests and X-Nuns who 'came out' of that Massive Entity.

It's not whether he was really who he said he was that mattered, but whether what he was saying was true or not, that mattered at the time, and by time he was quoted by Chick, all that he had reported or reportedly had claimed, had been proved as true ages ago.

A search on Ignatias Loyola and back and much history is there to back up all that this little cartoon has shown. The Jesuits have been Political in nature as much as the Masons and both have the same goals and have both infilitrated Churches and countries, etc..

Yet, they have their "own History" books... so what can one do, but compare the facts.

I was raised Catholic, so I didn't start out biased. And having enough of their own books myself, those books, in and of themselves, comdemn their beliefs as antiChrist and heretical.

Mary 'is' above Jesus, just for one.
The rest is true, so it doesn't matter who says what about Rivera, he's not the point, the facts are.

Sad post here and I'm sorry, but I felt we shouldn't fear truth.

2005/8/29 16:44

Quote:
People get scared to comment to issues like this, and sometimes with good reason...

It's not whether he was really who he said he was that mattered, but whether what he was saying was true or not, that mattered at the time, and by time he was quoted by Chick, all that he had reported or reportedly had claimed, had been proved as true ages ago...

Sad post here and I'm sorry, but I felt we shouldn't fear truth.

Annie,

I'm grateful to you for this perspective, as I am wholly against Catholicism. However, I've been blest by Catholics and ex-Catholics to such an extent, that I recognise something in the culture of their early faith, remains open and generous under much strain. This makes me hesitate to sound condemnatory of the people trapped in the system.

'we shouldn't fear truth'. Amen.

It takes courage to stand up for it, though.

2005/8/29 17:22
Des

Washington State

The brother who led me to the Lord Jesus Christ shared with me the 'Alberto Rivera' Chick Comic Books back in 1996. Along with [url=http://users.ev1.net/~damonm/catholic-chronicles/main.html]The Catholic Chronicles by Keith Green[/url] my eyes were opened to the ungodly abomination that is Roman Catholicism. The Catholic Chronicles are no longer in print via Last Days Ministries. I won't go into the reason why. Just follow the link above and enjoy!

I gave away my LDM WiseTract copies of 'The Catholic Chronicles' to a former professional football player whose wife was Catholic. He threatened me with physical violence and had me fired from the job I was working at. Praise God!

God Bless,

Des
Read Jude!

2005/8/29 18:34Profile
Eli_Barnabas

Cache Valley, Utah

Re:

Yes, don't get me wrong. I have never believed Roman Catholicism was true Christianity. I just was startled by the stark evil presented in that comic. I hadn't heard of the secrecy and obvious wickedness discovered here. I don't doubt that it's true.

It's a sad business... so many Catholics are bound, and bound severely. Des, when you said that that guy threatened you with violence etc, it doesn't surprise me. I've had the same. I find that in general, most Catholics are aggressively loyal to their 'church', but it is mostly out of fear than true devotion.

It's really sad.
-Eli

2005/8/30 7:34Profile

Re:

R.C. Ryle, is from 'way back', as they say, but I've always found his works timeless.

This one was interesting ...

Needs of the Times by R. C. Ryle

"Men that had understanding of the times" (1 Chron. 12:32).

http://www.sermonindex.net/modules/articles/index.php?view=article&aid=3618

2005/8/30 8:23
letsgetbusy

Cleveland, Georgia

Eli,

Yes, I suppose we will never know in this life if Alberto's accounts were 100% true, but it does make us research the facts. Pretty disgusting. See how many chapters in Foxe's Book of Martyrs involve the Roman church:

http://www.sacred-texts.com/chr/martyrs/

Just read the Jesuit Oath, it speaks for itself:

http://www.ianpaisley.org/article.asp?ArtKey=jesuit

Excerpts from the Jesuit Oath:

"...be a Protestant; and obtaining their confidence, to seek even to preach from their pulpits, and to denounce with all the vehemence in your nature our Holy Religion and the Pope; and even to descend so low as to become a Jew among Jews, that you might be enabled to gather together all information for the benefit of your Order..."

"You have been taught to plant insidiously the seeds of jealousy and hatred between communities, provinces, states that were at peace, and to incite them to deeds of blood, involving them in war with each other, and to create revolutions and civil wars in countries that were independent and prosperous, cultivating the arts and the sciences and enjoying the blessings of peace; to take sides with the combatants and to act secretly with your brother Jesuit, who might be engaged on the other side..."

"I will, when opportunity presents, make and wage relentless war, secretly and openly, against all heretics, Protestants and Masons, as I am directed to do, to extirpate them from the face of the whole earth; and that I will spare neither age, sex nor condition, and that will hang, burn, waste, boil, flay, strangle, and bury alive these infamous heretics; rip up the stomachs and wombs of their women, and crush their infants' heads against the walls in order to annihilate their execrable race."

No wonder Paisley is so fired up.

2005/8/30 10:49Profile
ccchhhrrriiisss

Hi Eli_Barnabas...!

Alberto Rivera is the author of several controversial books that were published by Chick Publications during the 1970s. The books revolve around a set of supposed "conspiracy theories" concerning the Roman Catholic Church.

While many of his claims are obviously true (the issues concerning false doctrine within the Catholic Church), many of his claims are radically controversial. Rivera claims that nearly all of human and Church history (both ancient and recent) has been molded into place by the Roman Catholic Church. Rivera claims that the Catholic church was behind everything from the death of Abraham Lincoln -- to the formation of the Islamic, Mormon and Jehovah's Witness religions. Rivera claims that Pentecostal and Charismatic churches are also a part of the Catholic conspiracy. Many famous preachers, including the strange early 1970s charismatic preacher Kathryn Kuhlman (whom David Wilkerson used to preach with and still holds in high regard) were labeled as part of this conspiracy. Rivera also claims that almost all Bible translations (other than the King James Version) are the result of this Catholic conspiracy. Thus, it is interesting to note that you will find alot of [i]pro-Rivera[/i] references on alot of [i]KJV-only[/i] websites.

While many of Rivera's claims sound quite plausible, there are many who dispute his claims. Many go so far as to claim that Rivera [u]never[/u] was a real priest in the first place -- and offer "[i]proof[/i]" that states that Rivera was married to his first wife during the time he claims to have been a Jesuit priest, even giving birth to two children during that time. Both Rivera and Chick claim that all information about Rivera's priesthood was removed by Rome, in order to "clear it's name" from the controversy.

Unfortunately, anyone who has discussed the possibility that some of what Rivera says is untrue is immediately labeled a "jesuit spy" by Jack Chick. Rivera died in 1997 from colon cancer -- which Jack Chick claims came from being poisoned by "undercover Catholic priests."

Remember, Jack Chick also publishes some other controversial material as well. Chick published the book, [i]He Came to Set the Captives Free[/i], which is another conspiracy-theory type of book (this time, concerning Satanism). This wild book gives "testimonies" about human beings turning into real-life werewolves and vampires, as well as being able to turn "invisible" in order to "disappear" from sight so that they could invade Christian homes. The book also talks about Satanist women and men having sex with demons (and in this case, with Satan himself). It also claims that christians [u]can[/u] be demon-possessed. It is a book full of erie claims about a "Satanist conspiracy" where the world is under the spell of an organized Satanist organization.

There are many websites, both pro and con, that discuss Alberto Rivera. A simple Google search will expose some of these. Cornerstone Magazine and the Christian Research Institute also ran a series of articles concerning Rivera during the 1970s and 1980s, claiming to offer "proof" that Rivera is a fraud.

I recommend that people do [u]not[/u] take Rivera's claims as valid. As with all things, a person must research such issues on their own. This seems to be quite a problem with some Christians. Their "research" consists of visiting a few websites or reading a few books that support a preconceived notion. Often, they hear or read the words of a "good man of God", and since they trust him, they put faith in his words or supposed "research."

We already know the problems with the Roman Catholic doctrine. Much of it is obviously false. The practices and rituals are not found in the Word of God -- and even many sincere Catholics admit this. We also know the importance of knowing Christ intimately. As long as we place our faith in God (and in God alone), we are safe from believing such lies.

John 8:32

http://www.cornerstonemag.com/pages/show_page.asp?228

:-)

2005/8/30 14:05Profile
Eli_Barnabas

Cache Valley, Utah

Re:

Quote:
I recommend that people do not take Rivera's claims as valid.

Maybe you are one of those Jesuit infiltrators! :-)

2005/8/31 10:19Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy