SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Prayer for New Orleans

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Compton

Prayer for New Orleans

I was just listening to the news from New Orleans. Apparently there has been an ongoing debate in the recent years concerning whether the Superdome is a suitable hurricane shelter. The Superdome has been estimated to withstand winds of 130 mph in risk models. Considering that Katrina is clocking windspeeds over 165 mph and that 70,000 people are inside the dome I thought that some prayer might help carry them through this night.

Katrina is the 11th named storm of the Atlantic hurricane season, which began June 1. That's seven more than typically have formed by now in the Atlantic, Caribbean and Gulf of Mexico. The season ends Nov. 30.

MC

2005/8/28 19:56Profile

Re: Prayer for New Orleans

Katrina is being spoken with Andrew and Callie. That NOT GOOD.

Pray that God will rise up the people in the nation to have a ready hand to help and not just words but being able to act thru volunteering and money. (I will be encouraging every Christian club to raise money saying 'free car wash, 100% donations will be given to those in need of Lousiana and in the path of Katrina')

Pray for God to shine thru this situation.

2005/8/28 20:16
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re: Prayer for New Orleans

Thanks MC. This is quite serious indeed. Just caught an update as well. There has been a million people that have evacuated and the expectations are that this will bring widespread destruction. Lets keep them in prayer.

2005/8/28 20:40Profile

Re:

praying

2005/8/28 21:05

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy