SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : Leonard Ravenhill's Ministry in the UK

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Leonard Ravenhill's Ministry in the UK

I just read some history on this website about Leonard Ravenhill's ministry in the UK. My question is: what has happened to the people he ministered to? What I hear about the UK it is highly secular and very little Christianity there anywhere. Is the fire still burning somewhere, but perhaps just not making a lot of noise?

ginnyrose

2005/8/27 18:51Profile
ccchhhrrriiisss

Re: Leonard Ravenhill's Ministry in the UK

Hi ginnyrose...

I am also quite interested in what you are asking. I have been burdened to pray for the UK for several years -- hoping beyond hope for a great move of God to ignite there (even greater than the testimonies shared by Brother Ravenhill, William Booth, etc...). I have wondered what has become of the ministry begun there by such men who worked so diligently preaching the truth. Are there many that still pray, "Let it begin in me, O' Lord?"

:-)

2005/8/27 19:00Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
I just read some history on this website about Leonard Ravenhill's ministry in the UK. My question is: what has happened to the people he ministered to?

I believe there is a church still standing and doing well that was a result of the ministry of Leonard Ravenhill. He did street meetings also for many years and assistant pastored somewhere also.

I would like to know more also.

2005/11/8 14:54Profile
philologos

Reading, UK

Re:

Hi all
I've added to this data from time to time on various SI threads. [url=https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?viewmode=flat&order=0&topic_id=29&forum=26&post_id=&refresh=Go]Ravenhill: brief bio[/url] The denomination that Ravenhill formed with Maynard James was called Calvary Holiness Church. Some 30 years ago they joined with the Church of the Nazarene. There is still a Nazarene Bible School in Manchester which grew out of a bible school originally begun by the Calvary Holiness Church.

There are a few Nazarene churches in the UK, but not many. Contrary to what many think you can't judge a man's ministry by what he lives behind him. “For David, after he had served his own generation by the will of God, fell on sleep, and was laid unto his fathers, and saw corruption:” (Acts 13:36, KJVS) That's not a 'put down', just an observation. It is required of stewards that a man be found faithful, everything else passes... some sooner, some later.

We are to 'serve our generation by the will of God' and then be content to fall asleep...

2005/11/8 17:58Profile
Sir_Edward

Michigan

Re:

philologos,

What you say is very true -- In the time of Isaiah in 2 Chronicles 27 -- King Jotham is considered a good king, but the Scripture says the "But the people continued to act corruptly' Or how about Jeremiah -- No one listened to him yet his ministry was faithful.

Ravenhill was a prophet and his own words about prophets came true -- they are seldom listened to or wanted in their own generation. But I think he is needed more now then in his own generation and it is amazing how many people are listening to him and taking him to heart these days.

Blessings.

2005/11/8 18:06Profile
philologos

Reading, UK

Re:

I love the words spoken by Mr Valiant for the Truth in Bunyans allegoryAfter this it was noised abroad that Mr. Valiant-for-truth was taken with a summons by the same post as the other, and had this for a token that the summons was true, “That his pitcher was broken at the fountain.” Eccl. 12:6. When he understood it, he called for his friends, and told them of it. Then said he, I am going to my Father’s; and though with great difficulty I have got hither, yet now I do not repent me of all the trouble I have been at to arrive where I am. [u]My sword I give to him that shall succeed me in my pilgrimage, and my courage and skill to him that can get it. My marks and scars I carry with me, to be a witness for me that I have fought His battles who will now be my rewarder.[/u] When the day that he must go hence was come, many accompanied him to the river-side, into which as he went, he said, “Death, where is thy sting?” And as he went down deeper, he said, “Grave, where is thy victory?” 1 Cor. 15:55. [u]So he passed over, and all the trumpets sounded for him on the other side.[/u]

2005/11/8 18:15Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy