SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : lack of faith

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread

lack of faith

"My God has showered me with assurances of his love. I know He is not mad at me. I may be warring against an enemy who can cause me to stumble or fall, and at some point it may seem I am finished. But God has told me that if I will just get up, I will receive his strength and win the battle. He has given me the power of his very own Spirit."

God's preventing goodness applies only to those who love Jesus and have been surprised by sin. The Lord assures us that even if we are cast down temporarily, we will emerge from the battle standing upright, because Jesus has paid our debt. Therefore, we are to trust Him by laying hold of His promises. He will bring us out of the battle in His strength.

Perhaps you have been wounded and bloodied by the enemy's sword. You have failed in some way, and now you are downcast in spirit, wondering if you will ever recover. Do not lie there and die. Get up! You cannot continue to wallow in guilt, wondering, "Where did I go wrong?" Stand on the covenant promises of God's loving kindness. Confess and lay hold of his forgiveness. He promised that you would come out of every battle a victor, crowned not by your own strength or ability, but by his. "Be thou exalted, Lord, in thine own strength: so will we sing and praise thy power" (Psalm 2l:l3).

In God's eyes, our problem is not sin, it is trust. Jesus settled our sin problem once and for all at Calvary. He does not constantly harp on us now, barking, "What have you done this time?" or "Now you have gone too far," or "This time you have crossed the line." No, never, our Lord's attitude toward us is just the opposite. His Spirit is constantly wooing us, reminding us of the father's loving kindness, even in the midst of failure.

The real problem is our lack of faith in God's covenant promises. We refuse to accept his unconditional love, his un- limited forgiveness, his free reconciliation. We are not willing to believe he pardons and restores us simply because he loves us. Instead, we become focused totally on our sin, losing all sight of what God wants from us most. His word says very clearly, "Without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him" (Hebrews 11:6).

Here is the way to cleansing and restoration, by receiving the Lord's covenant promise: "I will cause you to walk in my ways. And I will plant my fear in your heart. I know you can not do this for yourself. But do not worry, I will do it all for you, with your cooperation. This work is accomplished only by faith in the finished work of the cross. All I ask is that you trust my promises to you. The work has already been accomplished by me. It is your work to accept it by faith. That is my everlasting covenant."

2005/8/27 14:14

Re: lack of faith

Praise God brother Wilkerson and freecd... Thanks to you both.

2005/8/27 14:50

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy