SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Meddle not with them that are given to change...

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
jeremyhulsey

Meddle not with them that are given to change...

I was reading in Proverbs and came accross a couple of verses that caught my attention:

Pro 24:21 My son, fear the LORD and the king; [b]Do not associate with those who are given to change[/b],
Pro 24:22 For their calamity will rise suddenly, And who knows the ruin that comes from both of them?

Clarke's notes has this to say:

Quote:
Meddle not with them that are given to change - עם שונים אל תתערב im shonim al titharab: “And with the changelings mingle not thyself.” The innovators; those who are always for making experiments on modes of government, [i]forms of religion[/i], etc. The most dangerous spirit that can infect the human mind.

This verse reminds me of the passage in Jeremiah that says:

Jer 6:16 Thus says the LORD, "Stand by the ways and see and ask for the ancient paths, Where the good way is, and walk in it; And you will find rest for your souls. But they said, 'We will not walk in it.'

In a day when spiritual innovation is considered a virtue, I'm persuaded to seek out the ancient ways.

2005/8/25 13:12Profile
DezCall

The Netherlands

Re: Meddle not with them that are given to change...

Amen. Thanks for sharing, Jeremy...I made a note of it in my Bible.

In Christ, Who never changes,

Paul

2005/8/25 15:31Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Quote:
In a day when spiritual innovation is considered a virtue, I'm persuaded to seek out the ancient ways.

Great quote Jeremy!

2005/8/25 15:32Profile
ZekeO

Pietermaritzburg, South Africa

Quote:

Hulsey wrote:

Thats good. What then, if in seeking the the ancient paths, and in finding them, your actions may appear to all and sundry as spiritual innovation? Do you get what I mean?

2005/8/25 15:56Profile
rookie

Quote:
Jer 6:16 Thus says the LORD, "Stand by the ways and see and ask for the ancient paths, Where the good way is, and walk in it; And you will find rest for your souls. But they said, 'We will not walk in it.'

Even in the day of Jeremiah, "the ancient paths," established before the foundation of the world, were available for those seeking to enter into God's rest.

In Christ
Jeff

2005/8/26 16:49Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy