SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Is This Right?

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Eli_Barnabas

Cache Valley, Utah

Is This Right?

You often hear this:

[i]"So, when did you become a Christian?"

"On such and such a date [u][b]I[/b][/u] gave my heart to Jesus."[/i]

OR

[i]"On such and such a date [u][b]I[/b][/u] surrendered my life to Jesus."[/i]

Is this right? The focus is [u][b]I[/b][/u] did something. Would it not be right to say:

[i]"On such and such a date [u][b]the Lord[/b][/u] reached down and saved me from the pit, saved me from my sins, saved me from the grip of death!"[/i]?

Shouldn't the focus be on the saving work of God? Otherwise salvation is something anyone can [u]do[/u]...

It isn't a doing of yourself, but a doing of God. Amen? Is this right?

-Eli

2005/8/25 8:55Profile

Re: Is This Right?

Well... we need to be careful or we can end up in a game of semantics. The scriptures say:

[i]Jam 4:7-10 Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you. Draw nigh to God, and he will draw nigh to you. Cleanse your hands, ye sinners; and purify your hearts, ye double minded. Be afflicted, and mourn, and weep: let your laughter be turned to mourning, and your joy to heaviness. Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and he shall lift you up.[/i]

While it is true that salvation is something that we can not EARN, and that no one can be saved unless the Lord convicts and moves them to salvation. We do have a choice in the matter... we can either humble ourselves and come to the Lord, or we dont humble ourselves.

I understand what your trying to say, but we do play a part. Not a "work for salvation" part, but a choice.

Krispy

2005/8/25 9:10
Nellie

Re: Is This Right?

Just as I am
Without one plea.
But, that Thy Blood was shed for me.
And that thou bids me come to Thee
O Lamb of God, I come, I come.

It is all God.
The Holy Spirit draws us, and convicts us.
God Bless
Nellie

2005/8/25 10:58Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
"So, when did you become a Christian?"

I think it is not "when" but are you NOW? Christianity is not just an one time experience but an continuing experience. "Run so as to obtain".

It is not how you start its how you finish, abide in Christ and be found in him. Lay down your life and leave it there do not pick it back up again.

2005/8/25 11:06Profile
Eli_Barnabas

Cache Valley, Utah

Re:

Amen Greg.

2005/8/25 13:21Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy