SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Authentic Biblical Christianity.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : SermonIndex Announcements : Server Upgrade (media server)

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Server Upgrade (media server)

[img]http://www.sermonindex.net/images/sc420.jpg[/img]

This is an long over due upgrade as you can imagine hosting over 7000 audio sermons takes alot of space, right now its about 70 gigs of information. And that 70 gigs is being downloaded many times every month making it important to have a good robust server and at the same time enough space to add more materials.

There are alot more materials that is being added to SermonIndex daily and the need to faciliate more space has been the main reason for the upgrade.

Here are some of the stats on the new server:

3.4 GHz Intel Pentium 4 Processor
1GB DDR2 400MHz ECC Memory
1 x 160GB SATA 7.2K RPM Hard Drives

This server to host will be costing more and a possibly bandwidth upgrade might be needed soon also. Do pray about supporting this ministry as it continues to spread the word of God across the entire world via the internet.

Please do [b]PRAY[/b] over the next few days that the move of the materials will go seamlessly. This is a big technical move and I am praying there will be no problems and it will go smoothly. Thank you brothers and sisters.

2005/8/24 19:22Profile
sermonindex

Online!
 Re: Server Upgrade (media server)

Right now I am locking down the server and updating all the necessary components, God willing I will begin copying all the media later tonight PRAY that it goes smoothly over the network and works out right.

2005/8/24 20:31Profile
dougkristen

Re:

Greg,

I will keep this in prayer tonight as I know how computer IT work can go at times. :-P

In Christ,
Doug

2005/8/24 22:24Profile
sermonindex

Online!
 Re:

7 gigs transfered, thats 7% of the job! ;-) I am praying overnight that it will run smoothly and finish most if not ALL of the 70 gigs. I am guessing it might have to run till tommorow some time to complete, and then at that time after doing a few tests I can switch over the database to point to the new server.

The newer server should be much faster in its response to download. Please stay in prayer about this transition over the next day or so. Also Upgrading this server is an upgrade in cost with the possibility of having to pay for "unmetered" (unlimited) bandwith will be another $80 a month at least.

Also I would like to be able to in Canada get another computer and have that as an mirror computer that would mirror ALL the content and check for updates daily. If you feel led to help towards these goes you can Donate Here, it would even be great to get some more partners at $5 a month, every little bit helps, its really amazing to think of how little it takes for this ministry to run and reach so MANY.

Bless you all as you pray and support this ministry.

2005/8/25 0:17Profile
sermonindex

Online!
 Re:

34 gigs have been transferred so it is at the half way point. So later tonight it should be done. Please continue to pray it goes as smoothly as it has been.

2005/8/25 10:01Profile
Yodi

Escondido, California

Re:

I've been praying and will continue to. What a praise report that God helped you figure out the transferring of files. Thank God for how He's growing this ministry and using you to do it. As I keep saying, keep up the good work Gregory! It's a blessing for me to witness the growth of Sermon Index and how God is inspiring you with vision for this ministry.

2005/8/25 14:52Profile
sermonindex

Online!
 Re:

Thank you for your prayers Yolanda. Things are going well by God's grace.

2005/8/25 17:01Profile
_Disciple_

The Netherlands

Re:

i will pray everything goes well.

and i study also IT, so i hope no strange error occur like "error: in sector #2347F7826FF98A" :-P

God will take care bro :-)

2005/8/25 17:34Profile
PreachParsly

Arkansas

Re:

Quote:
error: in sector #2347F7826FF98A

This makes me think of the quote:

There are only 10 types of people in the world, those that can read binary and those that cannot.

For anyone that didn't get that that's ok.. its a nerdy joke.

2005/8/25 18:23Profile
sermonindex

Online!
 Re:

Praise God the transfer is almost done and then I can switch the database over to point to the new ip. God has been giving me great peace during all this process, I am really not a savvy technical person when it comes to networking and running servers. Our God is good. Keep praying brothers and sisters.

2005/8/25 21:12Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy