SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : LISTEN TO THIS!!!!

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 )
PosterThread
myfirstLove

Re:

i don't know how the prayer was taped or recorded. i cannot speak on this.

just because others may have bad experienced as a kid or never cried for the lost as a kid does not mean that every kid is like you. i know when i was elementary age i cried a lot for the lost. as a little kid i had an intense spiritual hunger more than any adult i knew. i would weep in my bedroom thinking about all i knew who were poor and oppressed. as a little kid i would cry out to a God of creation ( was a raised buddist, but knew as a child that this was not right) that i would gladly suffer that others may have life! this is for real. this was how i thought as a little kid. i was very passinate for the things i now know is in the heart of God. i had many dreams and visions as a little kid and they came to pass. now when i look back i can see the hand of God clearly upon my life since i was 4. all the kids i knew wanted to grow up and be doctors, nurses, teachers. i wanted to be a nun and know the God of creation. as a child i thought being a nun was the most spiritual thing to do and i wanted to do something that would bring me closer to God. i thought i was a weirdo because no one i knew thought like me. they wanted to be part of the world and i wanted to be not of the world. children can really have such desires. look at john the baptist. he was blessed with the Spirit from the womb. how about david, jeremiah, timothy and josiah? these were all young boys when God used them.

as a little kid i even saw i was sinful and everybody else too. i saw the need of a savior and knew and believed without being told by an adult that their is a God who can saved!

oh faithless ones have faith like children.

2006/6/28 11:46Profile
Psalm118

Belfast, Northern Ireland

Re:

Hi Dorcas

Grace and Peace to you and May the Lord Bless you. I appreciate you reading my post.

I don't think I was clear that I wrote the post for the sakes of those who were in particular saying that the Children were in the flesh, and that it was potentially demonic.

Which you yourself have not said.

I understand you having concerns for children in general and their well-being both spiritually and emotionally. I am sorry to hear you yourself have a personal testimony of being abused by others in your youth. However I hope that you have now encountered the living Christ and been made "every whit whole". It's wonderful that God can save us from the worst of circumstances.

If you still have issues from the past I will be glad to pray for you to be healed completely and permanently, until the answer comes.

Now concerning the first girl on the recording - you have said this is what you had happening to you and you were delivered from it.

However the 1st girl is praying in the power of the Holy Spirit.

It is entirely biblical to pray with loud crys and tears.

Also it is biblical for young Christian children to have an advanced understanding of the Scriptures and spiritual things.

2 Timothy 3:15
And that [b]from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures[/b], which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.

Luke 2:47
And all that heard him were astonished at his understanding and answers.

1 John 5:20
And we know that the [b]Son of God is come, and hath given us an understanding[/b], that we may know him that is true, and we are in him that is true, even in his Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God, and eternal life.

Hebrews 5:7
Who in the days of his flesh, when he had offered up [b]prayers and supplications with strong crying and tears [/b]unto him that was able to save him from death, and was heard in that he feared;

Jeremiah 9:1 "Called as a youth"
Oh that my head were waters, and mine eyes a fountain of tears, that I might weep day and night for the slain of the daughter of my people!

Saying you "hear something in the voices is not a biblical way of discerning that which is or is not of God."

Biblical discernment is gained in many ways.

Some of which are

1. Clear teaching of scripture
2. The voice of God
3. The anointing
4. The gift of discerning of spirits
5. dreams and visions

One method of discernment which is not in scripture is "I can hear it in the voice"

The basis I have for proof that the 1st girl praying is in the power of the Holy Spirit is her prayer is.

1 It is a scriptural way to pray.
2 The anointing of the Spirit of God has borne witness to it.

Perhaps you have not yet come into being led of the Spirit of God by the anointing.

The first 3 on my list of 5 ways to discern biblically are for all beleivers. If you lack any of the 3 it is cause for concern.

The last 2 are not necessarily given to all beleivers.

To answer your question "Have I been spiritually abused".

No

I would like to say more but you didn't want me to comment further on this subject for some reason.

On a personal note our Church worship leader was born again at 4 years old. He came under deep convition of his sinful state and fell on his knees and cried to God for mercy, and was saved.

God was the only one who gave this child the understanding of this.

On a side note I think I read people saying the children were repenting. I hear no repentance in the prayers for me it seems to be only intercession, and love to God.

I am not speaking about Children being spiritually abused in general in this thread (that is a subject which I know nothing about).

I only speak about these Children in particular.

If God had not given me clarity that the first girl was praying by the power of the Holy Spirit. Then I would not have bothered to comment on this at all.

We should all try to avoid doubtful disputations,
and let our speech always be with grace.

I have only begun to post on this website and am keen to be involved with that which is edifying and which will increase faith, love and hope.

One last thought, someone said about the children being distressed or miserable (I think). However my experience of intercession like this is that you have great joy and peace and blessing from God in your daily life. The sorrow the children were expressing was for others lost or blind condition. This kind of praying leads to greater zeal to win souls and to live a holy life - in my experience.

Love in Christ

David

2006/6/29 7:13Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re:

Quote:
The basis I have for proof that the 1st girl praying is in the power of the Holy Spirit is her prayer is.

1 It is a scriptural way to pray.
2 The anointing of the Spirit of God has borne witness to it.

Perhaps you have not yet come into being led of the Spirit of God by the anointing.

1Co 14:32 And the spirits of the prophets are subject to the prophets.
1Co 14:33 For God is not the author of confusion, but of peace, as in all churches of the saints.

You are making an awful lot of assumptions here brother and frankly this is your opinion rather than a spiritual discernment if you fail to recognize that there are others here who have tarried long with the Lord.

A huge problem with all of this is in the realm of speculation.

None opinionating here were present then.
A more looming question is not whether or not these children were sincere, but that whoever felt it necessary to expose this by recording and releasing this to the general populace has their head screwed on straight.

IF this was a truly special and holy moment, it should have stayed where it was, in the confines of the setting, we shouldn't even be having this conversation in the first place.

We do not know and we will not know [u]in fact[/u] what transpired there.

2006/6/29 10:24Profile
Psalm118

Belfast, Northern Ireland

Re:

Hi Mike

Quote:
You are making an awful lot of assumptions here brother and frankly this is your opinion rather than a spiritual discernment if you fail to recognize that there are others here who have tarried long with the Lord.

I appreciate your comments and am glad to leave this matter as is now, because I do not wish to offend or cause any division.

However if you could let me know what assumptions you refer to, I would appreciate it. I am completely against any form of speculation in Christianity.

Also could you clarify what you mean by "there are others here who have tarried long with the Lord"

Also the scripture reference 1Cor 14:32-33

I don't quite understand what point you are making with it.

forgive my ignorance.

Thanks in advance

David

2006/6/29 11:18Profile
roadsign

Re: Investigation needed

MyFirstLove,
I really enjoyed hearing your testimony as a young child. You had a very tender sensitivity to spiritual things. My kids were a lot like that too when they were very young.

History records children’s prayer meetings – completely initiated by the children themselves. We can never doubt that from the “mouth of babes” can come deep spiritual truth.

I’m trying to listen to the recording again, and am finding that neither link that has been posted on SI works. I can only hear music. On one, the faint murmur of children (I assume) is heard momentarily. Yet, my speakers work for other audio links.

By the way, in my recent post I was responding to an earlier time of hearing it, and had assumed that it was video, because there is a picture on the link. But, thankfully, it is an audio recording. So the identity of the children are not disclosed.

I would like to know more about the circumstances surrounding this episode. I would like to know what church this happened in. Is there a link to the church? What has been the spiritual practices of the church? What is going on there? What happened afterwards? (of course long term outcome is yet to be seen)

This is important to know. There is a massive religious movement these days of emotionalism – and the erroneous tendency to equate Holy Spirit activity with every emotional experience. In other words, if it feels right, it must be right. We have seen tragic fallouts of this trend. After all, Satan can mimic the authentic quite well. He knows exactly what we're looking for.

Scripture calls us to investigate information that comes to us. We cannot accept something as authentic just because it looks spiritual according to our criteria, or even because we can justify it with some verses.

These days the Internet has become a host for all kinds of crazy stuff, including hoaxes and tampered information. There is no accountability or control as it flies through cyberspace – like a kite without a string.

Can anyone supply more information? Where does the kite sting lead us back to?

PS I am concerned about prior programming having occurred, but I suppose this may be hard to prove.
Diane

2006/6/29 11:22Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy