SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Purity (Again and Again and Again)

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread

Re:

Quote:
I believe confessing myself and my sins keeps myself accountable and I want to be accountable as God is accounting for every thought that runs through my head and every action!!

That is very good, Dom. But every "thought" that runs through your head is not SIN. Temptation? Perhaps. But not sin. It's what we do with those thoughts that makes the difference. We entertain them and we fall like David did. Be turn to God, resist the devil, and those thoughts will deminish.

Quote:
I want to be pure, but i fail

Son, that is your whole problem. You say you are relying on Christ and His purity, but in fact you are not. You say you read the counsel here, but your mind is not open to it.

You will always fail at being totally pure. But with God, your purity will never measure up. That is why we need the purity of our Savior, imparted to us by FAITH, not works.

How can you enjoy the benefits of faith when you will not rest in your works for self righteousness? when you find yourself being swayed by your thoughts and temptations seem to overwhelm you, just begin to praise God and thank Him that you do not have to rely on your own purity and holiness but you have the abounding and limitless holiness and purity of the Savior. Satan can't stand that. He will flee, just like the bible says.

Keep struggling, keep failing. Keep trusting in the grace (unmerited favor) of God, and you will live a much more victorious life, not perfect, but you will walk with Christ. One more thing, Jesus was tempted in all things, just like we were. So when we go to Him in prayer, we do not go to find a judge, but a Savior and Redeemer. He loves us. Our sin debt has already been canceled. He is waiting to strengthen us and conform us to His own image. Rest, and let Him do that in your heart.....right now.

In prayer for you,

Lahry

2005/8/27 7:19
deltadom

Hemel Hempstead

Re: I need a breakthrough

It is really encoraging to hear what you said!!
It is just doing it and getting it into my thick skull of mine!!
I need God to pulverise his love in there
Dom

2005/8/30 20:54Profile
earnestlycontend

Flinstone, GA

Re:

Lahry, are you preaching that we shouldn't strive to be pure? Reading through your posts I'm concerned that you're sharing that this struggle with impurity can't be won. It can be won through Jesus Christ.

Here are a couple of scriptures I think can help, Dom. I'll be praying. I'm sure all of us can use strengthening in these areas.

Heb 12:14 Follow peace with all [men], and holiness, without which no man shall see the Lord:

2Pe 1:3 According as his divine power hath given unto us all things that [pertain] unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue:
2Pe 1:4 Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.
2Pe 1:5 And beside this, giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue; and to virtue knowledge;
2Pe 1:6 And to knowledge temperance; and to temperance patience; and to patience godliness;
2Pe 1:7 And to godliness brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness charity.
2Pe 1:8 For if these things be in you, and abound, they make [you that ye shall] neither [be] barren nor unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.
2Pe 1:9 But he that lacketh these things is blind, and cannot see afar off, and hath forgotten that he was purged from his old sins.
2Pe 1:10 Wherefore the rather, brethren, give diligence to make your calling and election sure: for IF YE DO THESE THINGS YE SHALL NEVER FALL.
2Pe 1:11 For so an entrance shall be ministered unto you abundantly into the everlasting kingdom of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ.

God bless and strengthen,
Kendal

2005/8/30 22:03Profile
deltadom

Hemel Hempstead

Re: I need prayer again

I want to strive to be pure

2005/9/1 19:14Profile
earnestlycontend

Flinstone, GA

Re:

Amen. Me too. I believe holiness is God's standard of living for his people.

Kendal

2005/9/1 21:10Profile
RandyJ

Peace River, AB, Canada

Re:

Just picked up some bits of what is being said.
What is purity? What is imparted by faith in Christ? No doubt purity comes by faith. However there is much to be done by the person who will be pure.
"He who walks with the wise will be wise, but a companion of fools will be destroyed"
"Wherefore if thy hand or thy foot offend thee, cut them off, and cast them from thee: it is better for thee to enter into life halt or maimed, rather than having two hands or two feet to be cast into everlasting fire. 9 "And if thine eye offend thee, pluck it out, and cast it from thee: it is better for thee to enter into life with one eye, rather than having two eyes to be cast into hell fire." Matt 18:8-9
These verses tell us that we, in order to maintain or establish purity need to pick our company and limit it to those who will edify us.
Time with unbelievers is strictly for the sake of witnessing.
"What fellowship hath light with darkness"
"And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness but rather reprove them" Eph 5:11
Now a person should also never do anything to grieve the Holy Spirit of God. "Walk in the Spirit and ye shall not fulfill the desires of the flesh." Walking in the Spirit is a prerequisite of sanctification. How does a person walk in the Spirit? By choosing everything that is consistent with the Spirit. This I think to be sysnonymus with obedience to the moral law of God. I think now that I would hurl you into a catch 22. How do you obey the law? By walking in the Spirit. How do you walk in the Spirit? By obeying the law of love. Now I guess what it boils down to is moral influence.
"whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things."Phil 4:8
What be the loveliest thing but the story of Christ. The gospel.
"If ye then be risen with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God. 2 Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth" Coll 3:1
"Wherefore, holy brethren, partakers of the heavenly calling, consider the Apostle and High Priest of our profession, Christ Jesus;"Heb 3:1
"For consider him that endured such contradiction of sinners against himself, lest ye be wearied and faint in your minds."Heb 12:3
With love and encouragement and prayer. Randy

2005/10/1 22:31Profile
jeremyhulsey

Re:

deltadom,

Brother don't lose that cry in your heart to be pure. Though I'm accross the world from you I'll agonize in prayer with you in faith knowing that God desires to make you pure.

In Christ,
Jeremy Hulsey

2005/10/1 22:50Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy