Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread

religious beliefs survey

Here's an interesting recent Newsweek - Beliefnet survey

http://www.beliefnet.com/story/173/story_17348_1.html

Bub

2005/8/23 12:46

Re: religious beliefs survey

Read it... interesting how people who call themselves Christians reject the very teachings of the Bible. Jesus said: I am the way, the truth and the life, no one comes unto the Father [b]but through Me.[/b]

If you believe heaven is open to all, no matter what you believe... then you are calling Jesus a liar.

Krispy

2005/8/23 13:22

Re:

The side comments are also interesting and reflect some of Krispy's point.

Bub

2005/8/23 13:32

Re:

I did find this to be inspiring...

[i]Do you believe the universe was created by God, or not created by God?

Created by God 80%
Not created by God 10%
Don't believe in God 1%
Don't know 9%[/i]

For more than a century now Darwinism has been shoved down our throats... yet it is still pretty much rejected by 80% of the population. I am aware that a certain percentage of that 80% may not believe in a literal 6 day creation... but overall Darwin's teachings have not taken root as much as some think it has.

Praise God for that...

Krispy

2005/8/23 13:51
ccchhhrrriiisss

Re:

Hi Krispy...!

Quote:
"For more than a century now Darwinism has been shoved down our throats... yet it is still pretty much rejected by 80% of the population. I am aware that a certain percentage of that 80% may not believe in a literal 6 day creation... but overall Darwin's teachings have not taken root as much as some think it has.

Praise God for that..."

AMEN!

:-)

2005/8/23 13:55Profile
letsgetbusy

Cleveland, Georgia

Where are Kirk and Ray when you need them?

'Yet 68% of “born again” or “evangelical” Christians say that a “good person who isn’t of your religious faith” can gain salvation...'

2005/8/25 4:52Profile

Re:

Quote:
'Yet 68% of “born again” or “evangelical” Christians say that a “good person who isn’t of your religious faith” can gain salvation...'

Yea, this got me too... if this were true, lets bring all the missionaries home. Lets cut the great commission out of our Bibles (or go buy one that has already cut it out).

I question whether you can be truly be saved, and actually believe “good person who isn’t of your religious faith” can gain salvation...'

By that, I mean if you do not believe Jesus is the only way.... when He said He was... where is the faith? And why are you putting your faith in a liar? Calling Jesus a liar would be blasphemey, would it not?

Krispy

2005/8/25 6:29
ginnyrose

Mississippi

I checked out the link you posted and read the article. I do not doubt that this is what Beliefnet and Newsweek found or say. However, I do wonder how they went about to collect their info? Now if Barna research would say the same, I would consider it more reliable. Eitherway, when 'Christians' downplay the blood of Christ, there is nothing left....Jesus becomes no better then Buddha or whatever. Wonder why they even bother with church under these circumstances. Church becomes little more then a social club.

ginnyrose

2005/8/26 9:29Profile

Re:

brothers and sisters,

i am not surprised at all... as a matter of fact, i believe the numbers are a little bit skewed the wrong way... one interesting comment i have is that- i read four chapters of the Book Isaiah yesterday. The only thing that i could think of was this is exactly where i live today: just read with me the following:

"why should you be stricken any more? ye revolt more and more... the head sick the heart faint"

"Bring no oblation to me; incense is an abomination to me...i am weary to bear them"

"learn to do well: seek judgement, relieve the oppressed judge the fatherless, plead for the widow"
"everyone loveth gifts, and followeth after rewards"
"their land also is full of idols they worship the work of their own hands, that which their own fingers have made"
"the shew of their countenance doeth witness against them;and they declare their sin as Sodom, they hide it not."

One thought i had: if God were to compare the idolatary our people commit and that those who commited idolatary in the previous ages. Listen to verse that says, "that which their own fingers have made". I could not but think, we laugh and mock those that worship the sun, moon, stars, earth and fire etc. At least i thought, they worshipped something that they knew them themeselves couldnot form with their own feeble hands. They had some humility directed towards a wrong created thing. The generation that we have- it is different. you see, we don't even stoop that low as to worship those things we know we cannot make with our hands, no we have that much more of insolence to worship that which is made by our own fingers. I hope my train of thought was clear.
The other thing, about not hiding sin in chapter 4. What a world we live in! Sin is no more sin. i work in a sad place. i doubt any of you here work currently in a fast food place. i am amazed the spiritual desolence that you experience. i mean, most of those that i work with have been divorced, aborted a baby, or are teenagers who have already been abused or sexual active or have kids. If you think that is bad, the worst is this. Most of those that come in drive through- they are full of pride and pomp. They look at you with contempt. They have bitting tongues, with thank-you's and please's that run from above the neck. they are extremely impatient, and when you do bestow kindness to them, they look at you like you are a crazy person. and this is in the suburbs of Baltimore city. think what it would be like to go into the city.
i can't tell you how many times when i come from work all i can do is weep because i feel i live in a world that is bleeding, and yet knowing that it is bleeding, would rather act like it is not and deny anything of God. sorry that it is long.

2005/8/26 16:04

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy