SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : interesting 3:16's

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
saved_matt

Lancashire, England

interesting 3:16's

i noticed recently how many good scriptures appear in chapter 3 verse 16 of several books of the Bible... not making anything out of it just thought it'd intrest you all,

Exodus: Go, and gather the elders of Israel together, and say unto them, The LORD God of your fathers, the God of Abraham, of Isaac, and of Jacob, appeared unto me, saying, I have surely visited you, and seen that which is done to you in Egypt:

Daniel: Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego, answered and said to the king, O Nebuchadnezzar, we are not careful to answer thee in this matter.

Joel: The LORD also shall roar out of Zion, and utter his voice from Jerusalem; and the heavens and the earth shall shake: but the LORD will be the hope of his people, and the strength of the children of Israel.

Zephaniah: In that day it shall be said to Jerusalem, Fear thou not: and to Zion, Let not thine hands be slack.

Malachi: Then they that feared the LORD spake often one to another: and the LORD hearkened, and heard it, and a book of remembrance was written before him for them that feared the LORD, and that thought upon his name.

Matthew: And Jesus, when he was baptized, went up straightway out of the water: and, lo, the heavens were opened unto him, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove, and lighting upon him:

Luke: John answered, saying unto them all, I indeed baptize you with water; but one mightier than I cometh, the latchet of whose shoes I am not worthy to unloose: he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost and with fire:

John: [b]For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.[/b]

1 Corinthians: Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?

Ephesians: That he would grant you, according to the riches of his glory, to be strengthened with might by his Spirit in the inner man;

Colossians: Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom; teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord.

2 Thessalonians: Now the Lord of peace himself give you peace always by all means. The Lord be with you all.

1 Timothy: And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.

2 Timothy: All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

2 Peter: As also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things; in which are some things hard to be understood, which they that are unlearned and unstable wrest, as they do also the other scriptures, unto their own destruction.

1 John: Hereby perceive we the love of God, because he laid down his life for us: and we ought to lay down our lives for the brethren.

Revelation: So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth.

2005/8/22 14:53Profile

Re: interesting 3:16's

Hey, that's neat.

I had noticed John 3:16 put up next to 1Jn 3:16 and that alone blew me away when I first saw it, but your list is super too.

I'd like to put those two from John here just for fun, if that's o.k.. cause he's the Love guy and I had heard tales of him, that when he got real old, that's all he'd say, "Love one another".
It may be just a tale, but he was the one who had his head on Jesus' chest at the last supper and was called "the one that Jesus loved" and was the one given The Revelation and some other things about him, would make that 'tale' not to hard to believe.

John: For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
1 John: Hereby perceive we the love of God, because he laid down his life for us: and we ought to lay down our lives for the brethren.

NEAT !!!

Thanks Matt.

2005/8/22 15:14
saved_matt

Lancashire, England

Re: another interesting story about the apostle John

note that John was exhiled to Patmos, and not killed like all the other leaders of the church, James, Peter, Paul etc..

probly just a myth but i heard John was exhiled because the romans COULDN'T kill him, heard they tried to boil him in oil and he came out sparkling, like i said though probly just a myth.

2005/8/22 15:43Profile

Re:

I'm not sure either Matt, it's been debated, but it 'may' have come from these verses ... but I've heard two different accounts of what happened to John also.

Joh 21:20 Then Peter, turning about, seeth the disciple whom Jesus loved following; which also leaned on his breast at supper, and said, Lord, which is he that betrayeth thee?
Joh 21:21 Peter seeing him saith to Jesus, Lord, and what shall this man do?
Joh 21:22 Jesus saith unto him, If I will that he tarry till I come, what is that to thee? follow thou me.
Joh 21:23 Then went this saying abroad among the brethren, that that disciple should not die: yet Jesus said not unto him, He shall not die; but, If I will that he tarry till I come, what is that to thee?

We always got a kick out of how Jesus said, "What is that to you ?" Ha. He 'does' have a sense of humor. No doubt.

I know we shouldn't have favorites, but I really like John for one reason and Paul for another.
They were the perfect balance to things for me.

Just can't wait to meet them though.

Thanks for posting this list Matt.

Annie

2005/8/22 23:59
letsgetbusy

Cleveland, Georgia

Re: interesting 3:16's

I noticed the 3:16 pattern just the other day as well. It's good to hear when God is working like that.

2005/8/23 5:37Profile
_Disciple_

The Netherlands

Re:

Quote:

saved_matt wrote:
note that John was exhiled to Patmos, and not killed like all the other leaders of the church, James, Peter, Paul etc..

probly just a myth but i heard John was exhiled because the romans COULDN'T kill him, heard they tried to boil him in oil and he came out sparkling, like i said though probly just a myth.

Wasn't it so that he was challenged to drink poison? John drank it, and God spared him.

2005/8/23 8:36Profile
saved_matt

Lancashire, England

Re:

Quote:
Wasn't it so that he was challenged to drink poison? John drank it, and God spared him.

maybe like i said it's just something i heard, I'll freely admit I'm not a church historian any more than i am a Bible scholar, which I'm also not ;-)

2005/8/23 8:56Profile
_Disciple_

The Netherlands

Re:

hey Matt

yea i was just wondering :-) because i myself am also not an historian or something like that, but it was what i've heard about it!

be blessed bro!

2005/8/23 9:36Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy